Eddard's Mother [SPOILER]

Just in case, I'll write this whole thing in spoiler tags. It involves the apparent confirmation of Eddard's mother, so open at your own risk.

So the recent preview of the world of ice and fire has named a second cousin of Rickard's as his wife. Lyarra Stark. I went ahead and made a page for her, but I don't know if I should have. There's plenty of spoiler worthy material on there but being that the world book is not released I think it might be a bit presumptive of me to think I could just make it. Her name has already shown up on different family trees such as Lyanna's page.

If this page is allowed, that's awesome. I'm not too good with character boxes and references, so I'd love if someone else could step in and help.

Just in case, I'll write this whole thing in spoiler tags. It involves the apparent confirmation of Eddard's mother, so open at your own risk.

So the recent preview of the world of ice and fire has named a second cousin of Rickard's as his wife. Lyarra Stark. I went ahead and made a page for her, but I don't know if I should have. There's plenty of spoiler worthy material on there but being that the world book is not released I think it might be a bit presumptive of me to think I could just make it. Her name has already shown up on different family trees such as Lyanna's page.

If this page is allowed, that's awesome. I'm not too good with character boxes and references, so I'd love if someone else could step in and help.

I would hold off, only because Ran said that Stark family tree is not the final copy and has mistakes in it.

In addition to what RumHam said:

Not all previews are approved. PDFs are intended for internal use, and while it's out in public, it shouldn't really be used (especially the family tree -- that's old.)

My preference is that the wiki should not update based on unpublished or incomplete material. GRRM's reading a chapter doesn't mean that chapter is in final form, etc., and sometimes details can substantially change. Nothing is final -- not even those preview texts -- until they are published.

Finally, even when the World of Ice and Fire is published, all its new content shouldn't be ripped out and wikified within days. Just as we did with the Lands of Ice and Fire, 3 months should pass before the wiki is updated with the book's content.

In answer to the question, "should everything from those previews then be taken down from the wiki?", I got this:

I think that would be best.

Archived