Wow, I never noticed that v.5

Angalin

I just finished a 3rd Reread of aDwD straight through yesterday (not to mention looking for it online) and reading that part of the chapter multiple times as it's the one where Jon "Dies" / Pink Letter.

I just noticed/realized now why Wun Wun (the Giant) was freaking out and killing Ser Patrick right before Jon dies.

I just finished a 3rd Reread of aDwD straight through yesterday (not to mention looking for it online) and reading that part of the chapter multiple times as it's the one where Jon "Dies" / Pink Letter.

I just noticed/realized now why Wun Wun (the Giant) was freaking out and killing Ser Patrick right before Jon dies.

why did he freak out?

Earlier in the Chapter when Jon was talking with Queen Selyse she was going through the 4 marraiges she was going to set up. Ser Patrick was going to be married to Val. Jon says that the when a Man wants to marry a women in the Free Folk he needs to "steal" her to show his courage.

The Queen and others disregarded and said "bring her here", " you need to talk to her", etc. But Ser Patrick says something along the lines of "noone can question my courage" (sorry don't have the books, if anyone does feel free to add quote).

I assume he tried to steal her that night, and Wun Wun caught him (remember, Wun Wun was Val's guard and protector).

A little romance that never blossomed...

Hodor began to dance all by himself, while Lord Wyman asked little Beth Cassel to partner him. For all his size, he moved gracefully. When he tired, Cley Cerwyn danced with the child in his stead. --Bran III, Clash

God damned Ramsey...

been hearing a lot about white walkers being actually part of the drownd god religion of the iron born.

a few other posters said stuff like-

- patchface talks about the dead dancing under the water, comes back after 3 days at sea impaired but now a greenseer

-white walkers spotted as early as GOT by eastwatch coasts

and then i just remembered the letter sent i think in ADOD, 'dead things in the water'

i really think the white walkers are going around the wall on either side past eastwatch and westwatch now and will work there way south

Small realization today. I never noticed upon first reading that Euron Greyjoy had his own dragon egg at one time, that he apparently plopped into the sea.

I found him fascinating when all I could really point out about him was that he had a dragon horn, but that adds a neat little layer!

Small realization today. I never noticed upon first reading that Euron Greyjoy had his own dragon egg at one time, that he apparently plopped into the sea.

I found him fascinating when all I could really point out about him was that he had a dragon horn, but that adds a neat little layer!

He most likely didn't throw it away, but payed it to the FM to kill Balon...

In ACOK Arya Stark is given a coin by a faceless man. Later, when she buys her passage on the Titan's daughter with it, we get a better description of the coin:

“Wait,” Arya said suddenly. “I have something else.” She had stuffed it down inside her smallclothes to keep it safe, so she had to dig deep to find it, while the oarsmen laughed and the captain lingered with obvious impatience. “One more silver will make no difference, child,” he finally said. “It’s not silver.” Her fingers closed on it. “It’s iron. Here.” She pressed it into his hand, the small black iron coin that Jaqen H’ghar had given her, so worn the man whose head it bore had no features.

The faceless men hand out faceless coins.

In ACOK Arya Stark is given a coin by a faceless man. Later, when she buys her passage on the Titan's daughter with it, we get a better description of the coin:

The faceless men hand out faceless coins.

Clever. :D

This is usually argued to be Robb's wife and heir with the Blackfish in disguise...

A young mother climbed in after him, a babe not much older than Gilly's squalling in her arms. --Samwell V, Feast

But unless the George was trolling us when he said the different descriptions of Jeyne's hips were a mistake, that babe was not Robb's.

Could it have been Theon's bastard?

The Myraham was a fat-bellied southron merchanter up from Oldtown, carrying wine and cloth and seed to trade for iron ore. Her captain was a fat-bellied southron merchanter as well, ...

Theon Greyjoy pushed her hand aside and climbed off the bunk. "My place is Pyke, and yours is on this ship."

"I can't stay here now."

He laced up his breeches. "Why not?"

"My father," she told him. "Once you're gone, he'll punish me, milord. He'll call me names and hit me."

Theon swept his cloak off its peg and over his shoulders. "Fathers are like that," he admitted as he pinned the folds with a silver clasp. "Tell him he should be pleased. As many times as I've fucked you, you're likely with child. It's not every man who has the honor of raising a king's bastard." She looked at him stupidly, so he left her there. Theon I, Clash

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but back in Myr Varys and IIIyrio used to call their spies little mice instead of little birds. Possible evidence that the Mad Mouse is working for them, maybe?

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but back in Myr Varys and IIIyrio used to call their spies little mice instead of little birds. Possible evidence that the Mad Mouse is working for them, maybe?

Illyrio wasn't associated with Varys when Varys was in Myr...

Archived