Wow, I never noticed that v.5

Angalin

A subtle hint from the George that Balon's and Aeron's suspicions about Theon's cultural predisposition were correct...

When they reached them, he turned to Theon. "Tell me true, nephew. Do you pray to the wolf gods now?"

Theon seldom prayed at all, but that was not something you confessed to a priest, even your father's own brother. "Ned Stark prayed to a tree. No, I care nothing for Stark's gods."

"I have been half my life away from home," Theon ventured at last. "Will I find the islands changed?"

"Men fish the sea, dig in the earth, and die. Women birth children in blood and pain, and die. Night follows day. The winds and tides remain. The islands are as our god made them."

Gods, he has grown grim, Theon thought. --Theon I, Clash

False is all you were.

A subtle hint from the George that Balon's and Aeron's suspicions about Theon's cultural predisposition were correct...

When they reached them, he turned to Theon. "Tell me true, nephew. Do you pray to the wolf gods now?"

Theon seldom prayed at all, but that was not something you confessed to a priest, even your father's own brother. "Ned Stark prayed to a tree. No, I care nothing for Stark's gods."

"I have been half my life away from home," Theon ventured at last. "Will I find the islands changed?"

"Men fish the sea, dig in the earth, and die. Women birth children in blood and pain, and die. Night follows day. The winds and tides remain. The islands are as our god made them."

Gods, he has grown grim, Theon thought. --Theon I, Clash

False is all you were.

Hard to say if that is an assimilation in religion or in language. As in, he's spent so much time(his most formative years) with people who say, "Gods," instead of "God"

Quaithe is not.our first description of a woman (or man) from the Shadow:

"...warrior maids from Bayasabhad, Shamyriana, and Kayakayanaya with iron rings in their nipples and rubies in their cheeks, even the dour and frightening Shadow Men, who covered their arms and legs and chests with tattos and hid their faces behind masks."

Hard to say if that is an assimilation in religion or in language. As in, he's spent so much time(his most formative years) with people who say, "Gods," instead of "God"

I don't think Theon was religious. It was just asubtle contrast by the George to show Balon and Aeron are correct.

Do we know who Varys's informers in Stannis's household were, or why why they were silent, or if they weren't silent but Varys was holding back intelligence?

I've seen some people say Aurane Waters was one of those spies, but I don't know the specifics...

I remember from another poster, who pointed out that in the great ranging (I think), a NW brother was boiling eggs in a kettle, and he put some herbs in while they were boiling to make them taste better :D

I don't get it.

I don't think Theon was religious. It was just asubtle contrast by the George to show Balon and Aeron are correct.

I think Har meant that Theon might have said "Gods" because "Gods" is a common part of the vernacular in most parts of Westeros. Sort of how I myself say "oh my God" all of the time, even though I'm an atheist.

Just noticed on a ADoD re-read: as Asha Greyjoy is knocked out at the end of the "Wayward Bride" chapter, she thinks to herself:

"There are no trumpets in the Drowned God's watery halls. Below the waves the merlings hail their lord by blowing into seashells."

Reminded me eerily of Patchface's song:

"Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh."

More evidence Patchface serves the Drowned God? :ack:

In ACOK Arya Stark is given a coin by a faceless man. Later, when she buys her passage on the Titan's daughter with it, we get a better description of the coin:

The faceless men hand out faceless coins.

Yeah, I noticed that one right away. There's an earlier description of the coin shortly after Jaqen first gives it to Arya that's even more subtle. Arya thinks that the coin must be very old because the man's face has been rubbed off.

Sometimes she wished she had gone off across the narrow sea with Jaqen H’ghar. She still had the stupid coin he’d given her, a piece of iron no larger than a penny and rusted along the rim. One side had writing on it, queer words she could not read. The other showed a man’s head, but so worn that all his features had rubbed off. He said it was of great value, but that was probably a lie too, like his name and even his face. That made her so angry that she threw the coin away, but after an hour she got to feeling bad and went and found it again, even though it wasn’t worth anything.

Yesterday I realised Rickon was the first to warg into his direwolf.

In Tyrion's aGoT chapter where he makes a stop at Winterfell after his trip to the Wall, he presents the saddle design in the Great Hall. Suddenly the gate bursts open and Rickon runs inside followed by the direwolves. The next scene is very interesting. Summer and Grey Wind approach Tyrion from both sides growling, Shaggydog attacks. When Bran calls Rickon's name, he remebers himself and calls Shaggy back. After that both Bran and Rob are confused and clueless about what happened.

I really think Rickon attacked Tyrion, because the last time he was at Winterfell something bad happened.

And is Shaggydog acting like a pack leader?

In ACOK Arya Stark is given a coin by a faceless man. Later, when she buys her passage on the Titan's daughter with it, we get a better description of the coin:

The faceless men hand out faceless coins.

What I missed in the passage was the coin was made of iron. I was so focused on the faceless part, I missed the connection to the Iron Bank.

What I missed in the passage was the coin was made of iron. I was so focused on the faceless part, I missed the connection to the Iron Bank.

Considering that in most countries coins and bills, that are in a bad shape go back to the bank, it seems the faceless men get these coins probably from the Iron Bank directly.

Just noticed on a ADoD re-read: as Asha Greyjoy is knocked out at the end of the "Wayward Bride" chapter, she thinks to herself:

"There are no trumpets in the Drowned God's watery halls. Below the waves the merlings hail their lord by blowing into seashells."

Reminded me eerily of Patchface's song:

"Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh."

More evidence Patchface serves the Drowned God? :ack:

Or that Stannis and his army will get wiped out--in a battle at sea perhaps?

Yesterday I realised Rickon was the first to warg into his direwolf.

In Tyrion's aGoT chapter where he makes a stop at Winterfell after his trip to the Wall, he presents the saddle design in the Great Hall. Suddenly the gate bursts open and Rickon runs inside followed by the direwolves. The next scene is very interesting. Summer and Grey Wind approach Tyrion from both sides growling, Shaggydog attacks. When Bran calls Rickon's name, he remebers himself and calls Shaggy back. After that both Bran and Rob are confused and clueless about what happened.

I really think Rickon attacked Tyrion, because the last time he was at Winterfell something bad happened.

And is Shaggydog acting like a pack leader?

IIRC the first evidence of warging rather than just dreaming about/with wolves is Bran at the harvest feast in Clash. The direwolves emulate their respective humans even when not being warned. Consider Grey Wind and Cleso. That scene was similar but we don't think Robb was warging do we?

The wolves do mirror the kid's emotions, I am well aware of it and still this particular incident is different somehow.

Woud you remind me where to find that Grey Wind part? Thank you.

The wolves do mirror the kid's emotions, I am well aware of it and still this particular incident is different somehow.

Woud you remind me where to find that Grey Wind part? Thank you.

Catelyn I, Clash

Archived