Wow, I never noticed that v.5

Angalin

Sixteen children, yes. But we know only about seven out of sixteen.

Mya was, for as far as is known, Robert's first child. It's true that there might be an older one, but it's very possible she was the youngest, since Robert hadn't been that very old when fathering her.

He spend his first few fertile years in the Vale, where it would come to his (or Jon Arryn's) attention if he had impregnated a girl. Mya was known, and Robert spend plenty of time with her (at first).

I think the "ridden forth to win a throne" might be referencing to the Battle of the Trident specifically.. That occured in 283AC, and by then it was no longer about demaning justice, but about removing Aerys, right?

Mya is Robert's first child according to Ned too:

Ned remembered Robert’s first child as well, a daughter born in the Vale when Robert was scarcely more than a boy himself. A sweet little girl; the young lord of Storm’s End had doted on her. He used to make daily visits to play with the babe, long after he had lost interest in the mother.

"Sister or no, if you try to steal my son from me, you shall leave by the Moon Door."

:eek:

Apart from being shocking in its own right (Cat only offers to foster) its more evidence that she killed Jon Arryn. The clues are there throughout the novels, but we were all too blind to see it :P

Add that to Walder Frey telling Catelyn at the Twins Jon wanted to foster Robert at Dragonstone and Lysa took it bad, and Catelyn (and us readers) could have guess Jon's murderer at the end of aGoT !

But then I still think Dunk told the men at the wedding. How else? That Bloodraven investigated Dunk a little bit, since they were at a traitors wedding, seems perfectly logical to me. But where would he have gotten the knowledge that Duncan the Tall is actually Dunk? No where that I recall, though perhaps it it possible that thanks to Aegon's presence, Bloodraven was able to trace the trail back to Osgrey, where one of his spies told him about a Dunk, as Bennis would call him, with a young bald squire?

According to this quote :

"Dunk shook his head. "How could it go dry so quick? We've only been six days."

"Wasn't much water in there to start with, Dunk. Time was, I could piss me bigger streams than this one."

"Not Dunk," said Dunk. "I told you that." He wondered why he bothered. Bennis was a mean-mouthed man, and it pleased him to make mock. "I'm called Ser Duncan the Tall."

"By who? Your bald pup?" He looked at Egg and laughed his chicken laugh. "You're taller than when you did for Pennytree, but you still look a proper Dunk to me."

Dunk wasn't pleased to be still called Dunk, so I really doubt he used this name with the other hedge knights. Actually, the only nickname I remember used in TMK is John the Fiddler calling Gormon Peake Gormy :D So you're right, one of Bloodraven's spies must have trace him to Coldmoat, or found another hedge knight who had served with Ser Arlan when Dunk was his squire. But it's interesting to note that Plumm calling Dunk "Dunk" is an additional clue that he is in fact Bloodraven!

Add that to Walder Frey telling Catelyn at the Twins Jon wanted to foster Robert at Dragonstone and Lysa took it bad, and Catelyn (and us readers) could have guess Jon's murderer at the end of aGoT !

"Wasn't much water in there to start with, Dunk. Time was, I could piss me bigger streams than this one."

"Not Dunk," said Dunk. "I told you that." He wondered why he bothered. Bennis was a mean-mouthed man, and it pleased him to make mock. "I'm called Ser Duncan the Tall."

"By who? Your bald pup?" He looked at Egg and laughed his chicken laugh. "You're taller than when you did for Pennytree, but you still look a proper Dunk to me."

Dunk wasn't pleased to be still called Dunk, so I really doubt he used this name with the other hedge knights. Actually, the only nickname I remember used in TMK is John the Fiddler calling Gormon Peake Gormy :D So you're right, one of Bloodraven's spies must have trace him to Coldmoat, or found another hedge knight who had served with Ser Arlan when Dunk was his squire. But it's interesting to note that Plumm calling Dunk "Dunk" is an additional clue that he is in fact Bloodraven!

Bloodraven musta overheard when he was wargin some helpless beast or perhaps when he was cookin up some evil potion.

Then I'd say Bloodraven either traced Dunk back to Coldmoat, or recognized Aegon and traced Dunk back to Ashford, where he did use Dunk once, to Plummer. :)

And before it starts, I doubt Plummer is an additional hint towards Bloodraven :p

Then I'd say Bloodraven either traced Dunk back to Coldmoat, or recognized Aegon and traced Dunk back to Ashford, where he did use Dunk once, to Plummer. :)

Good catch, I had forgotten this one. So in fact Dunk has been called Dunk in each of the three novels !

Did Tyrion promise to exchange Sansa for Jaime?

"Lord Stark asked for his sisters and his father's sword as well," Ser Cleos reminded him.

Ser Ilyn Payne stood mute, the hilt of Eddard Stark's greatsword rising over one shoulder. "Ice," said Tyrion. "He'll have that when he makes his peace with us, not before."

"As you say. And his sisters?"

Tyrion glanced toward Sansa, and felt a stab of pity as he said, "Until such time as he frees my brother Jaime, unharmed, they shall remain here as hostages. How well they are treated depends on him." And if the gods are good, Bywater will find Arya alive, before Robb learns she's gone missing.

Something I missed on re-read but was fascinated by was the similarities between Arya's chapter in (I think) aCoK where she was the ghost in Harrenhal versus Theons A Ghost in Winterfell chapter in aDwD. The whole feel of the two chapters is so similar, as well as the obvious similarities between the deaths at Jaqen's hands and those of the spear wives. On a different note, I did fall for the Davos is dead fake-out, and was suitably outraged that he would be killed off-screen, then suitably chagrined later on when all was revealed.

Just noticed that Maynard Plumm calls Dunk "Dunk" in their last speech in The Mystery Knight :

"The sept. You would do well to go armed." Ser Maynard smiled. "Is that plain enough for you, Dunk?"

How do you think Bloodraven learned Ser Duncan was called Dunk, with Ser Arlan dead? I think Dunk always presents himself as Ser Duncan in the three novels, no?

He's a greenseer. So I imagine he had glimpsed about Dunk's future the moment he saw him for the first time and had seen enough to keep an eye on him in the future. Dunk described it as if BR pierced down to his very soul.

To me, this was the scene I knew for certain that Plumm is BR.

He's a greenseer. So I imagine he had glimpsed about Dunk's future the moment he saw him for the first time and had seen enough to keep an eye on him in the future. Dunk described it as if BR pierced down to his very soul.

To me, this was the scene I knew for certain that Plumm is BR.

That's an interesting possibility, though I'm not sure if at this stage BR has the ability to use his visions to see everything he wants.

"Sister or no, if you try to steal my son from me, you shall leave by the Moon Door."

:eek:

Apart from being shocking in its own right (Cat only offers to foster) its more evidence that she killed Jon Arryn. The clues are there throughout the novels, but we were all too blind to see it :P

I just couldn't help but imagine that scene from ASOS -- when Lysa tried to take away Petyr's "daughter", who's actually Catelyn's daughter, and she left by the Moon Door -- when I read this.

I'm just reading a wiki page and came across this...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a bumbling incompetent :lmao:

Clearly you have never been pinned beneath a horse. It's not so funny when you're the one under the horse and possibly have broken bones from it. In Westeros the damage could lead to infection, so death is a possibility. And you don't have to be bumbling or incompetent for it to happen either.

Shiera Seastar has the best Targaryen features but her eyes are one green and one blue NOT PURPLE! Apparently purple eyes are pretty :)

Yeah but she was involved with Bloodraven who had one eye left after Redgrass field and his eyes were both red. His one red plus her one blue equals purple. It's perfect! She really should have married him.

Has it occurred to anyone else that 'Dunk' might just be a common nickname for 'Duncan' in Westeros?

Yep. That's likely why Dunk went with Duncan for his knightly name. I'll have to look it up again, but I think Egg suggested Duncan based on the Dunk. Sort of fed it to him accidentally.

I also became convinced on reread that Rickon was warging with Shaggydog. It's not slam dunk clear, but... (Page 614): "Rickon patted Shaggydog's muzzle, damp with blood. "I let him loose. He doesn't like chains." He licked at his fingers."

At the very least, it's weird and somewhat creepy behavior for a little kid.

Also, as a fan of the R+L=J theory, I realized that there's this great symmetry with Jon and Mance's son. He basically sets up this big lie where the kid will grow up thinking he's a bastard (Sam's) because his true identity as a "prince" would be deadly for him. I enjoyed that.

Final thing, in Melisandre's chapter, I realized that in her visions she was seeing Hardhome. Might take me a bit to dig out the reference, but she sees skulls in caves on a hill. Later in a Jon chapter, Hardhome is described almost exactly the same way. Previously I'd been thinking it wasn't that important a storyline, but now I've reconsidered.

Archived