Wow, I never noticed that v.5

Angalin

I'm not disagreeing but why do people think Euron paid a FM with a dragon egg? I don't remember reading anything to lead to that but I have seen many people state it. I'd like to reread that part.

IIRC, it has to do with Euron's claim that he "tossed it into the sea," just as Balon fell into the sea.

Edi: (there's probably more evidence too, that's just all I can remember.)

IIRC, it has to do with Euron's claim that he "tossed it into the sea," just as Balon fell into the sea.

Edi: (there's probably more evidence too, that's just all I can remember.)

Nope. That's about it, along the GOHH's vision.

You really want Aegon to be who he thinks he is, don't you? :)

Successful baby-switch still leaves room for Aegon to be fAegon, which means the real Aegon could still be out there somewhere...

Sansa III, Clash

Of course this is all meant to sound like exaggeration, and Tyrion gives us the why later, but we do have the suggestion that Nymeria and her wolf pack aided Grey Wind and Robb.

I thought the term warg only referred to the people who have the skinchanging ability and can use it with wolves. Are the warged wolves themselves also called wargs? Cause if they are that is one awesome catch, Lost Melnibonean!

Successful baby-switch still leaves room for Aegon to be fAegon, which means the real Aegon could still be out there somewhere...

I thought the term warg only referred to the people who have the skinchanging ability and can use it with wolves. Are the warged wolves themselves also called wargs? Cause if they are that is one awesome catch, Lost Melnibonean!

No, im not suggesting that Nymeria and her pack were being warged by Robb's army. I'm wondering if Nymeria and her pack helped northern and river forces and possibly BWB. If Lannister men had seen more than one wolf at Oxcross they might have wondered whether an army of wargs had descended on them and they might have embellished from there.

You really want Aegon to be who he thinks he is, don't you? :)

I just feel at times that the "Aegon is real" arguments are not looked at thoroughly enough. If Aegon eventually turns out to be a Blackfyre, that's fine by me, but I also think the irony would be so much better if Aegon was real. There is talk about a Dance 2.0, and the original Dance was between two legitimate Targaryens, but between a Targ and a bastard. And wouldn't it be bittersweet is Dany, who so wanted to get to know her family, is responsible for the death of her own nephew?

Because no matter who that kid is, I am convinced he won't make or alive until the end of 'a Dream of Spring'.

I just feel at times that the "Aegon is real" arguments are not looked at thoroughly enough. If Aegon eventually turns out to be a Blackfyre, that's fine by me, but I also think the irony would be so much better if Aegon was real. There is talk about a Dance 2.0, and the original Dance was between two legitimate Targaryens, but between a Targ and a bastard. And wouldn't it be bittersweet is Dany, who so wanted to get to know her family, is responsible for the death of her own nephew?

I hope he's real but at the same time, I fear that Dany would believe him fake if he's actually real. And she'll try to kill him.

I can see the fandom: "THE DAUGHTER OF THE MAD KING KILLED THE REAL TARGARYEN PRETENDER BECAUSE SOME PROPHECY TOLD HER TO.. YADA YADA YADAYADA"

I hope he's real but at the same time, I fear that Dany would believe him fake if he's actually real. And she'll try to kill him.

I can see the fandom: "THE DAUGHTER OF THE MAD KING KILLED THE REAL TARGARYEN PRETENDER BECAUSE SOME PROPHECY TOLD HER TO.. YADA YADA YADAYADA"

Yeah, I think/hope it will be something like this. Because that he's real won't affect his survival chances, imo. And of course, it would make the irony so bittersweet.

Dany will probably feel that Aegon is trying to steal her throne, and becomes even more distrustful because of prophecies, and then won't give Aegon a chance.

Sybelle Spicer had known about the Red Wedding. Does Jeyne not wanting to part with Robb mean that she had known, as well, or at least figured something out?

Sybell didn't know about he Red Wedding itself, only that something would happen, right? In feast she tells Jaime that she wouldn't have let her son go with Robb if she had known.

Perhaps Jeyne had a feeling something was wrong, but didn't know exactly what. Perhaps a remark of Sybell that seemed a bit off.. because if Jeyne had known something concrete, she would have told Robb, and the RW would not have happened, I think.

I always read it as Jeyne wanting to go with Robb rather than be left behind. So i dont think she knew.

And no, Sybelle didn't know that the Red Wedding would happen, I assume she just thought Robb would be killed somehow. She certainly didnt anticipate her son being killed

Because not even Euron would be so stupid to throw away a dragon egg, specially now that news of Dany's dragons are around.

I get that he wouldn't throw away a Dragons egg but how is it that so many believe he paid off a FM with it?

Where is there any indication that he did this? People talk about this as if it's written in the books or there are hints that this happened but there really isn't.

I get that he wouldn't throw away a Dragons egg but how is it that so many believe he paid off a FM with it?

Where is there any indication that he did this? People talk about this as if it's written in the books or there are hints that this happened but there really isn't.

They think so because dragons eggs are expensive, and hiring a FM to kill a king costs a lot of money.

Because no matter who that kid is, I am convinced he won't make or alive until the end of 'a Dream of Spring'.

I'll be surprised if he srvives Winds. I don't think Daenerys will last much longer.

I'll be surprised if he srvives Winds. I don't think Daenerys will last much longer.

Well, the longer Aegon around will most likely mean the longer Varys and Illyrio are around. And since I'd love to know more about those two, I hope they all survive as long as possible :)

Before Aegon of course dies, it cannot be prevented I fear..

The Ghost of High Heart strongly suggests that Euron prayed for Balon to receive the gift...

I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings.

Arya IV, Storm

Petyr tells us that the Faceless Men require great sacrifice for giving the gift to persons of higher station...

"On Braavos there is a society called the Faceless Men," Grand Maester Pycelle offered.

"Do you have any idea how costly they are?" Littlefinger complained. "You could hire an army of common sellswords for half the price, and that's for a merchant. I don't dare think what they might ask for a princess."

Eddard VIII, Game

And we know that dragons' eggs are worth a great deal of money...

"The same could be said of rubies and diamonds and fire opals, Princess . . . and dragon's eggs are rarer by far. Those traders he's been drinking with would sell their own manhoods for even one of those stones, and with all three Viserys could buy as many sellswords as he might need."

Daenerys V, Game

And Euron told Victarion that he had tossed an egg into the sea...

The Crow's Eye sipped from his silver cup. "I once held a dragon's egg in this hand, brother. This Myrish wizard swore he could hatch it if I gave him a year and all the gold that he required. When I grew bored with his excuses, I slew him. As he watched his entrails sliding through his fingers he said, But it has not been a year.'" He laughed. ...

Victarion shuddered. "Show me this dragon's egg."

"I threw it in the sea during one of my dark moods." Euron gave a shrug.

The Reaver, Feast

...just like Euron.

The Ghost of High Heart strongly suggests that Euron prayed for Balon to receive the gift...

Arya IV, Storm

Petyr tells us that the Faceless Men require great sacrifice for giving the gift to persons of higher station...

Eddard VIII, Game

And we know that dragons' eggs are worth a great deal of money...

Daenerys V, Game

And Euron told Victarion that he had tossed an egg into the sea...

The Reaver, Feast

...just like Euron.

But how does

I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings.

Suggest Euron prayed for the gift for Balon? You pray when you don't pay. I don't think it is known if you have to pray when you pay for someone to receive the gift.

The description the Ghost of High Heart gives, obviously refers to a FM man and Euron. But I can't see the praying in there...

Because not even Euron would be so stupid to throw away a dragon egg, specially now that news of Dany's dragons are around.

Exactly. And we know the faceless men charge a lot for their services, and that dragon eggs are almost priceless. It's more of a case of 2 + 2 equalling a logical 4 rather than a lot of hints in the book.

But how does

Suggest Euron prayed for the gift for Balon? You pray when you don't pay. I don't think it is known if you have to pray when you pay for someone to receive the gift.

The description the Ghost of High Heart gives, obviously refers to a FM man and Euron. But I can't see the praying in there...

My impression is that the Faceless Men don't think of themselves as contract assassins but as men of god serving Him of Many Faces. I would think that if you sent a bird or an underling to request that X be killed Y you would not get want you want.

No, im not suggesting that Nymeria and her pack were being warged by Robb's army. I'm wondering if Nymeria and her pack helped northern and river forces and possibly BWB. If Lannister men had seen more than one wolf at Oxcross they might have wondered whether an army of wargs had descended on them and they might have embellished from there.

I've always assumed that too. Wolves help their packmates...& we are talking direwolves here!

Archived