[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

I was re-watching last night, did the questions from the trial seem completely one-sided? I mean can we get a lawyer in there to straighten things out?

When Pycelle said that Tyrion had him taken away and that's when Tyrion went through Pycelles poisons and stole stuff.....OK but he was in jail at the time, so why didnt anyone ask, 'So you didnt actually see him do this?'

Or when Cersei lies and says the debt TYrion was repaying was that She (cersei) told him not to have whores in the Red Keep, so that made him kill her son and king??? Seems like a huge overreaction on his part if that is all she had done to him. I was just a little disappointed with the questioning, Oberyn and Tywin should have been tougher on the witnesses, as they were basically all lying.

Also, another thing, when Dany was talking to Hizdahr and he asked to bury his father, why didnt she say ' you can bury your father but you must bury one of the crucified children as well.' That seems like a reasonable solution to me, anyone who wants to come bury on of the masters, also has to bury one of the children.

But after seeing the scene again I really cannot tell if Hizdahr is lying or not about his father speaking out against killing the children, I mean he could have easily just been trying to get sympathy from Dany playing the card that he comes from a nice slave owning family as opposed to all the bad ones in Merreen. He doesn't seem like quite such a nancy boy as he does in the books, but I guess there is more to be seen.

I suppose Dany had already had the children buried?

As for the testimony, I suppose they wanted to depict Tyrion as a vile creature driven by his lust who holds a grudge against his sister for a petty reason and acts on it in order to satisfy his lust for Sansa. And, neither Tywin no Oberyn had any motivation to press on the witnesses as to neither, the truth really mattered.

Also, another thing, when Dany was talking to Hizdahr and he asked to bury his father, why didnt she say ' you can bury your father but you must bury one of the crucified children as well.' That seems like a reasonable solution to me, anyone who wants to come bury on of the masters, also has to bury one of the children.

Because she had already had them buried when she first found them (plus, she had her unsullied remove their slave collars before the burials).

Because she had already had them buried when she first found them (plus, she had her unsullied remove their slave collars before the burials).

Oh, from the way she made it sound when talking to HIzdahr it was like the children were still hanging there, maybe I was confused.

I was re-watching last night, did the questions from the trial seem completely one-sided? I mean can we get a lawyer in there to straighten things out?

When Pycelle said that Tyrion had him taken away and that's when Tyrion went through Pycelles poisons and stole stuff.....OK but he was in jail at the time, so why didnt anyone ask, 'So you didnt actually see him do this?'

Or when Cersei lies and says the debt TYrion was repaying was that She (cersei) told him not to have whores in the Red Keep, so that made him kill her son and king??? Seems like a huge overreaction on his part if that is all she had done to him. I was just a little disappointed with the questioning, Oberyn and Tywin should have been tougher on the witnesses, as they were basically all lying.

It was a farce, that's the point. They aren't going to question the witnesses when they all know how it will end.

I just realized that the show has made a connection I've been working on. I've been collecting similarities between Dany and Bran (see my signature). As we know on the first episode this season Bran saw the same vision that Dany did in the House of the Undying (Kings Landing). Now, this could serve two purposes it gives more clues towards R+L=J but it also connects a Bran and Dany.

I have this sinking suspicion that the Iron Bank and the Faceless Men are connected, what with the way the Iron Bank is depicted. (As a "temple" or even more like a force of nature lol) Even my unsullied friends/family picked up on a possible connection and its not just cuz of Braavos either.

I have this sinking suspicion that the Iron Bank and the Faceless Men are connected, what with the way the Iron Bank is depicted. (As a "temple" or even more like a force of nature lol) Even my unsullied friends/family picked up on a possible connection and its not just cuz of Braavos either.

Are you suggesting IB = Loan sharks and FM = IB goons?

If that's what you are getting at I agree with you, you cannot be loaning ppl huge sums of money left and right without having a proper debt collecting system.

What do you make of Bryan Cogman's answer here round 54:17?

Seems to imply characters we might have assumed were cut (e.g. Val, Brown Ben Plumm, or CH) could still make an appearance? I'm assuming we're not going to get most "cut" characters, but he's being overly cautious about spoilers

Seems to imply characters we might have assumed were cut (e.g. Val, Brown Ben Plumm, or CH) could still make an appearance? I'm assuming we're not going to get most "cut" characters, but he's being overly cautious about spoilers

Then a minute or two later he also says "Syrio is dead".

So... is he actually dead? Or is "Syrio" dead?

Then a minute or two later he also says "Syrio is dead".

So... is he actually dead? Or is "Syrio" dead?

He said that GRRM confirmed it, which he kind of did in so many words: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/Is_Syrio_dead

I never really thought the contrary was possible, but I'd assume both in the books and show, no more Syrio.

He said that GRRM confirmed it, which he kind of did in so many words: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/Is_Syrio_dead

I never really thought the contrary was possible, but I'd assume both in the books and show, no more Syrio.

And I'm OK with him being dead. I never liked the "Syrio is alive" theories anyways. I'm more interested in my boy Jaqen H'ghar.

And I'm OK with him being dead. I never liked the "Syrio is alive" theories anyways. I'm more interested in my boy Jaqen H'ghar.

Yeah I'm wondering if we're going to get Pate next season

Yeah I'm wondering if we're going to get Pate next season

Hopefully, even though most Unsullied wouldn't care about some random guys they've never heard of before in some place they've never seen before. But then BAM! There's that guy that Jaqen changed to in season 2.

When I read that in the book, I read the description and did a double take. I thought "am I supposed to know this description?" Then I went to the Arya chapter in ACoK and yep, IT'S JAQEN, BITCHES!

Archived