[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

I had heard that she stated in an interview that she will not.be doing anymore of them.

Really? I thought she didn't care, she was doing a Broadway play not that long ago and was fully nude in that. I was under the impression it didnt bother her at all.

Really? I thought she didn't care, she was doing a Broadway play not that long ago and was fully nude in that. I was under the impression it didnt bother her at all.

Yeah, until someone actually produces a link to this alleged interview, I'm calling bullshit.

Maybe on a personal level it doesn't, but from a professional standpoint, as a new actress, perhaps she wants to balance what she is known for until she is truly established.

Edit: Here is an excerpt on what she said in the interview with Zerg Net regarding the clothing:

FaB: "Some fans were irked at the news that the Qartheen fashion of leaving one breast exposed was not being adhered to, as it was in the books. And speaking as a heterosexual male, I suppose that’s a shame… yet I also think, visually, it would have been extremely distracting to the eye. Was this ever discussed?"

EC: "This was indeed discussed! I remember when I was filming in Croatia seeing a copy of book 2, and the front cover picture was of Dany in the ‘traditional Qartheen fashion’ and you could say that I was rather taken aback. There are lots of things to bear in mind when adapting a book for the screen, and yes we all agreed that if this was kept as a visual reference, it would take away from the drama and integrity of Dany’s storyline as she grows into such a strong Khalessi."

While she may do a scene or two with hints, the fact that we didn't see her with Daario is a good snapshot into her thinking.

But, as I said, an actress has to weigh the pros and cons of too much, or too little, because while no one should be a prude, by the same token too much of a fixation on it means no one is paying attention to her substance.

Here's a collection of quotes from the actors on how they feel about nude scenes. Apparently people interpreted Oona's quote as being about Emilia, but it's much more likely she was talking about Esme Bianco.

ETA: There's a huge difference between doing an occasional nude scene and having your breast exposed continuously for an entire season. I think they made the right decision.

Here's a collection of quotes from the actors on how they feel about nude scenes. Apparently people interpreted Oona's quote as being about Emilia, but it's much more likely she was talking about Esme Bianco.

ETA: There's a huge difference between doing an occasional nude scene and having your breast exposed continuously for an entire season. I think they made the right decision.

Interesting, thank you :)

I dont think it's that big of a deal, who cares anymore anyway? there is a lot of nudity in the books, so might as well have it on the show too. All these actors are having their careers absolutely spring boarded thanx to GOT, they should be happy to do whatever D&D want.

Interesting, thank you :)

I dont think it's that big of a deal, who cares anymore anyway? there is a lot of nudity in the books, so might as well have it on the show too. All these actors are having their careers absolutely spring boarded thanx to GOT, they should be happy to do whatever D&D want.

Yep, I could care less.

For me, given there are so many characters to develop, I would rather that be the emphasis, though if nudity is a part of that, that is fine too, but I get irritated when it becomes gratuitous, because if that is what I was wanting, I have LOTS of other options where I could find that.

It seems the actors have their choices, so that is good for them that they can opt in, or opt out.

Thanks for that link. Some of the actors opinions are gold:

Kit Harington (Jon Snow) - “[...] And there’s a hundred people watching you and after the first 30 seconds, everyone’s seen everything. I’m quite happy to strut around naked after that.”

Michelle Fairley (Cat Stark) - “I got a no-nudity clause so I always get to keep my clothes on… The producers put it in, not me... I’d like to play Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) because he gets lots of sex and my character doesn’t.”

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) - "I've seen Sean Bean [...] naked. I've seen Mark Addy [...]. And Lena [...]. I haven't seen the kids of course, but all the adults. We do that at the read-through. We just strip naked and read the script."

Oh, NCW, you crack me up :lmao:

Btw: Do any of you know where helmets go?

So I was thinking.....Arya is killing a lot of people on her list. The list is becoming a serious part of her character, and she is succeeding thus far...does this hint to the fact that she will in fact be the one who kills Cersei? Is she the Volanqar or whatever?

So I was thinking.....Arya is killing a lot of people on her list. The list is becoming a serious part of her character, and she is succeeding thus far...does this hint to the fact that she will in fact be the one who kills Cersei? Is she the Volanqar or whatever?

I think that Arya will be the catalyst for her final break, but I think Jamie will be her Volanqar. They came into this world clutching at one another, I suspect they will go out the same way.

A bare breast all season would be too distracting. Tell me you weren't distracted by Carice and her magnificent rack in that Selyse scene? Really? They definitely made the right decision not to follow that particular fashion for TV.

I'm a huge fan of nude Emilia Clarke, but after all the female nudity in the show, I thought the way they handled the Danaerys-Daario scene was way cool. Let's get pro-ogling here, and put a flip on it, we know there are plenty o' oglers in the audience.

I think that Arya will be the catalyst for her final break, but I think Jamie will be her Volanqar. They came into this world clutching at one another, I suspect they will go out the same way.

I have the exact same theory, Jaime & Cersei take each other out at the end.

And we already know that Arya doesn't kill everybody on her list (Joffrey, Gregor).

I have the exact same theory, Jaime & Cersei take each other out at the end.

And we already know that Arya doesn't kill everybody on her list (Joffrey, Gregor).

Yes of course she doesnt kill everyone. Other people kill her list off for her sometimes. What I am saying is that on the show they are making a huge deal out of her list, like it is super important, so I was thinking that it will continue to be important on the show and that everyone on her list will eventually die. Well many people have already been crossed off in the books, JOffrey, Tywin...but Cersei still lives and she is still on Aryas list. So I am beginning to think there is a reason for that is all.

What I am saying is that on the show they are making a huge deal out of her list, like it is super important, so I was thinking that it will continue to be important on the show and that everyone on her list will eventually die.

-----------------

I assume the reason is rather to show Arya's motivation to go to Braavos. In the book she has no real plan. She does not really know what she has to expect. She is rather a lost girl. Show Jaqen told her she can learn in Braavos how to cross of people on this list.

Sophie on the season finale:

JJ: Can you share anything about the season finale?

ST: Oh yes! I can tell you that the end of the season, I mean, we have really great ends to every season. This season, there’s been peaks the whole way through, but the one at the end is spectacular. And it’s one of those, like the last three seasons you get chills at the end, but this one is actually really good because it takes the storyline to a whole new level of a particular storyline. And you’re like “WOW.” Then you can’t wait for the next season.

JJ: Is it a dramatic turn, a comedic turn…?

ST: It’s a hopeful turn. It’s dramatic but it’s like, for once Game of Thrones isn’t so depressing. (laughs)

Source

Very, very interesting ;)

Sophie on the season finale:

Source

Very, very interesting ;)

Can't be Lady Stoneheart surely? That should be disturbing, not uplifting.

Maybe it's Jon being elected LC, or Arya meeting the Kindly Man, or Bran meeting Bloodraven.

Or maybe it will end with Stannis smashing the wildling army at the Wall and leave the LC election till next season.

Another interesting interview, with Carice this time:

GQ: Stannis was beaten so bad that his claim to the throne seems like a joke. Why does Melisandre stand by her man?

Carice van Houten: She can manipulate Stannis in all sorts of ways. In the future, I think he's going to see so much more that might confuse him, and she'll see things that'll confuse herself. It's hard to say more than that, because I was emailing the writers the other day asking a really vague question, and they were like, "Spoilers." They're even stern with me, so I have to be careful or it'll cost me my head.

I got quite a few R'hllor shows me only snow vibes ;)

Archived