[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

Speaking of Daario looking like a lost Stark, I saw this interesting bit of foreshadowing on another thread a while ago:

Jon ADWD:

"The light of the half-moon turned Val’s honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow. She took a deep breath. “The air tastes sweet.

When you think of a woman with silver hair, who so you think of? Dany!

"A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness."

Sweetness in the air...around Jon.

Exactly. The story is still being told, we're just saying there's something there.

And they don't like the love word, either, unless it's "a wife and a family and a dog and a cat" kind of relationship, so I use it anyway, just because. And look who is using the word love now, the director:

http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-director-alex-graves-discusses-season-4-future-westeros-interview-1592009

Nice quote!

I completely agree with you, you don't have to have a marriage or even a sexual relationship to be in love. Sex doesn't equal intimacy.

A couple of unconnected thoughts:

"Sansa is not a murderer, not yet" - a hint that she will, eventually?

"Tell Daario that I changed my mind - no, tell him that you changed my mind" - a hint of Jorah and Daario fighting over Dany? (And I don't like in the least how she basically plays them against each other here, together with the rather entitled attitude she's showing".

Olenna tells about her broken engagement to a Targaryen - does the fact that this made it into the show mean that the backstory is important in the long run?

A couple of unconnected thoughts:

"Sansa is not a murderer, not yet" - a hint that she will, eventually?

"Tell Daario that I changed my mind - no, tell him that you changed my mind" - a hint of Jorah and Daario fighting over Dany? (And I don't like in the least how she basically plays them against each other here, together with the rather entitled attitude she's showing".

Olenna tells about her broken engagement to a Targaryen - does the fact that this made it into the show mean that the backstory is important in the long run?

She also likes the idea of introducing people she doesn't like to the Moon Door, suggested by Robin. :dunno:

I didn't like that, either. The Daario dynamic was off, I did like that we finally got a change from the usual naked woman, clothed man scene, and she did find him very beautiful, but she also had some really romantic thoughts about him, she even dreamed they were married and living in the house with the red door.

I didn't like that, either. The Daario dynamic was off, I did like that we finally got a change from the usual naked woman, clothed man scene, and she did find him very beautiful, but she also had some really romantic thoughts about him, she even dreamed they were married and living in the house with the red door.

They're saving romance for the 'mount to love' probably. She clearly loved Drogo and will probably have an endgame love interest so they don't want to overdo her being 'in love' and degrade her future romance.

Admittedly, I can see Dany/Jon working on the show (Kit and Emilia look good together) but I have difficulty picturing it in the books. However, GRRM is great with surprises and altering opinions, so who knows?

The Starks of old were quite a different batch than Ned, to the point that he may have been the anomaly.

Rickard himself may have been playing his own games.

If its a foreshadowing of skinchanging, then I'm pretty sure that has something to do with her being a Stark.

The Starks of old were quite a different batch than Ned, to the point that he may have been the anomaly.

Well, that I certainly do agree with. I take their house words not as pragmatism, but as a threat. "Winter is coming [to fuck your shit up]."

Well, that I certainly do agree with. I take their house words not as pragmatism, but as a threat. "Winter is coming [to fuck your shit up]."

Exactly. What has become the "words" of a House, I firmly believe started as a battle cry.

A comment on the death of the RV, while I think he was reduced to the sum total of his vices compared to the book, his death disturbed me on a level that even Walking Dead doesn't.

Besides Ramsey, the Mountains final death I cannot wait for, though the ridiculousness of his inability to be killed is starting to approach Michael Myers proportions.

I read the first version of this thread, just glancing through this, and saw that -- whoa -- JonDany friendly?

I'm in, for life!

Seriously though, if you immediately discredit their relationship/friendship, I think we've been reading a different book series. How can you ignore the signs? Following this thread...

Hey, anywhere where I'm not called a stupid fangirl who wants the series to end like fanfiction, just because I interpret foreshadowing and appreciate parallel narratives, is good with me.

Yes, I do believe we are learning. :D

:cheers:

:hat:

:thumbsup:

I'm so happy to hear this from posters!!!

So does anyone think that Sansa's raven-inspired look at the end of this episode lends more credence to the theory that she will eventually skinchange birds?

She looked like Katniss at Snow's party in Catching Fire :)

I think this episode marked a huge victory in the Sansa-camp. She is clearly going to become a very smart and very ruthless politician who really understands the benefits of lying and playing the GOT. I couldnt believe her scene with Royce!!! Incredible, what a pro! Her character just got 1000 times more interesting.

Did everyone see how upset HBO twitter fans were about Oberyn dying??? People were like "Fuck GOT I will never love again." and all sorts of stuff, it was pretty funny.

They didnt really show anything about poison on Oberyn's spears did they?

Dany was less emotional than she was int he book when exiling Jorah, in the book she's like " You informed on me all the to Qarth?!?!" and is taken aback, but they are dehumanizing her on the show. She has far less emotion than book Dany....

A comment on the death of the RV, while I think he was reduced to the sum total of his vices compared to the book, his death disturbed me on a level that even Walking Dead doesn't.

Besides Ramsey, the Mountains final death I cannot wait for, though the ridiculousness of his inability to be killed is starting to approach Michael Myers proportions.

Yeah, it was really disturbing, though for me, not more than in the books, I really shun the idea of damage to eyes.

What I totally hated was all the spear twirling for the show, it was excessive. It was not an impression I got from the books, Oberyn was sure self-confident and cocky, but a skilled fighter above all.

She looked like Katniss at Snow's party in Catching Fire :)

I think this episode marked a huge victory in the Sansa-camp. She is clearly going to become a very smart and very ruthless politician who really understands the benefits of lying and playing the GOT. I couldnt believe her scene with Royce!!! Incredible, what a pro! Her character just got 1000 times more interesting.

Did everyone see how upset HBO twitter fans were about Oberyn dying??? People were like "Fuck GOT I will never love again." and all sorts of stuff, it was pretty funny.

They didnt really show anything about poison on Oberyn's spears did they?

Dany was less emotional than she was int he book when exiling Jorah, in the book she's like " You informed on me all the to Qarth?!?!" and is taken aback, but they are dehumanizing her on the show. She has far less emotion than book Dany....

There is a moment when Oberyn is kissing Ellaria or something like that and someone is tending to the blade of the spear with a rag. If there is poison, that must be the moment.

That part about Orson Lannister... what the hell was that about? Deep philosophical thinking of power over lives? Waaaaaaay too long.winded.

You know this really use to annoy me, however, I've come to accept that Dany (TV) is a different version of Dany (book).

The Dany from the series is older (I think about 21/22) and I think this changes the way she behaves to the different situations she finds herself in. When you're younger you tend to have less control of your emotions as you get older you can control yourself better (hopefully).

My take is that in the scene where she exiled Jorah she was displaying a restraint fury and was to disgusted with Jorah to even look at him. Because she sees herself as a Queen she can't afford (in her mind) to behave the way she behaved in the books, she believes she has to project a competency and assertiveness in order to be respected.

I think as we get underway with her ADWD arc we will begin to see this facade crumble as things start to NOT go her way. It seemed to me that the "girl talk" moment she had with Missandei was a way to introducing their close relationship and that we'll see her indecision and her helplessness through Missandei's eyes.

Well, at least this is what I tell myself in order to accept this portrayal of Dany.

Yeah, it was really disturbing, though for me, not more than in the books, I really shun the idea of damage to eyes.

What I totally hated was all the spear twirling for the show, it was excessive. It was not an impression I got from the books, Oberyn was sure self-confident and cocky, but a skilled fighter above all.

There is a moment when Oberyn is kissing Ellaria or something like that and someone is tending to the blade of the spear with a rag. If there is poison, that must be the moment.

That part about Orson Lannister... what the hell was that about? Deep philosophical thinking of power over lives? Waaaaaaay too long.winded.

Totally agree on the twirling stuff. I don't know if he was that reckless in the books, or just intense.

I thought, (if I remember correctly), that he understood that the Mountain might kill him, but didn't care.

Archived