Rikon Stark

Batbob45

He might be the key to House Stark's survival. He doesn't have the Starks' honor. His Direwolf is a feral as him, he got a wildling as a guardian. If Davos find him, he could be bot fear and loved as a King. If Rikon actually like Davos and Shireen, then Shaggy would like them too. He could be the key to a Stark-Baratheon alliance.

I think that if Davos is able to bring Rickon back the Baratheons will not only give him Winterfell and the North but strengthen their alliance with the North by telling him how his father and Robert were best friends and Ned died for Stannis' claim and Rickon should be as honorable as his father by declaring for Stannis. Not to mention Rickon is only a child younger than Tommen so it would be easy to manipulate his mind and judgment in Stannis' favor. And who knows, maybe as he grows he may learn to mirror Stannis as a just ruler who has a great military mind and even becomes one of Stannis' most trusted allies and then the Stark/Baratheon alliance lasts for however long the houses exist, constantly marrying into eachothers houses and having stronger bonds and ties than other houses.

That or Shireen's husband takes her name.

I kind of figure either Edric or Gendry will be legitimized and become Stormlord, continuing the Baratheon name.

I think both need to be legitimised. Gendry is the elder, but I think he'd cede rule of Storm's End to Edric. The latter was raised there, he's more suited (of the two) to rule it.

Of course, that all depends on whether Dragonstone remains in Baratheon keeping or reverts to the Targaryens.

I think that if Davos is able to bring Rickon back the Baratheons will not only give him Winterfell and the North but strengthen their alliance with the North by telling him how his father and Robert were best friends and Ned died for Stannis' claim and Rickon should be as honorable as his father by declaring for Stannis. Not to mention Rickon is only a child younger than Tommen so it would be easy to manipulate his mind and judgment in Stannis' favor. And who knows, maybe as he grows he may learn to mirror Stannis as a just ruler who has a great military mind and even becomes one of Stannis' most trusted allies and then the Stark/Baratheon alliance lasts for however long the houses exist, constantly marrying into eachothers houses and having stronger bonds and ties than other houses.

I dunno. Last we saw of Rickon, he was not very, um, pliable. Rickon has been characterized by wildness and rage and he was last seen running off to the heart of the savage unknown with a wildling. If they make Rickon Lord of Winterfell, he's still going to be filled with rage at being abandoned by his family. I don't know that putting the power of Winterfell into the hands of a five-year-old consumed by rage is going to work out well for anyone. Plus, we still have yet to find out wtf is actually going on on Skagos and what that's done to him. My guess is that it didn't civilize him.

He might be the key to House Stark's survival. He doesn't have the Starks' honor. His Direwolf is a feral as him, he got a wildling as a guardian. If Davos find him, he could be bot fear and loved as a King. If Rikon actually like Davos and Shireen, then Shaggy would like them too. He could be the key to a Stark-Baratheon alliance.

Doesn't have the Starks' honor? He is only five, and likely doesn't even know what honor really is. I think Rickon could come to like Davos, but he is currently a "hot" Stark like his late uncle Brandon, Lyanna, and Theon Stark. I think seeing Osha eaten by a dragon may have the same effect on him as Aegon III, it will make him into a "cold" Stark like his father and his brother Bran. He just needs his family together to raise him, I think Jon would be up to the task.

I think both need to be legitimised. Gendry is the elder, but I think he'd cede rule of Storm's End to Edric. The latter was raised there, he's more suited (of the two) to rule it.

Of course, that all depends on whether Dragonstone remains in Baratheon keeping or reverts to the Targaryens.

Well there is a contingent in fandom who think Edric will be named king. In that case Gendry could be Stormlord. Otherwise, yes it's likely Gendry would let Edric have Storm's End. He's a knight now so he can go find his own castle. If he does well in the upcoming war he could be granted lands even.

Back to Rickon though...

Not being civilized might actually be what saves him. Look at what has happened to those who play by the rules in Westeros. Ned is probably the best example of what civilization can bring in a negative sense. Would Brandon Stark have given Cersei a heads-up about knowing her kids weren't Robert's? The wolf blood has drawbacks, but in times like the ones coming to Westeros it could also have very definite advantages.

Edited to fix a typo.

Jon will foster Rickon to pay his debt to Ned. With Jon he should learn honor and morality.

Along with growing up in Jon's court, political intrigue and court politics, administration and military matters. Basically, everything Rickon would need to be Lord of WF.

Archived