[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa X: Cold never bothered her anyway...

Mladen

Wait a minute, wait a minute!! :idea:

Before I go off on a tangent rage about my utter displeasure with the one scene I was looking forward too in this entire convoluted mess we call Game of Thrones....are we getting some heavy duty foreshadowing here? Let me explain:

"Sansa's not a killer...yet."

Did she just say she'd LIKE IT if Robin threw people who displeased her out of the Moon Door?

And then the smile after Petyr says, "What do we do to those who hurt the ones we love?"

Is Sansa about to turn into a vengeful killer person? Cause I feel like they're subtly moving her towards that route.

i wouldn't say vengeful killer person but there's no doubt that sansa's being set up to kill. tyrion's line about her not being a killer yet, slapping robin when she was angry with him and smiling when she hears littlefinger explain that you hurt people who hurt you or your loved ones. plus, she's far more aggressive with littlefinger than she ever was in the book. this is the second time she's demanded something from him.

i wouldn't say vengeful killer person but there's no doubt that sansa's being set up to kill. tyrion's line about her not being a killer yet, slapping robin when she was angry with him and smiling when she hears littlefinger explain that you hurt people who hurt you or your loved ones. plus, she's far more aggressive with littlefinger than she ever was in the book. this is the second time she's demanded something from him.

Conversely, they're apparently completely removing her assenting to the framing of Marillion (or Marillion-replacement).

It really wasn't bad but like someone said before ... it just doesn't hold a candle to the original book scene.

I think my only true gripe was the fact that it wasn't longer. I really wanted an epic Lysa monologue/rant.

And I wanted "Only cat" too. It's a minor nitpick, one I'll live with. But there you go.

we definitely could of gotten a LIL more lysa rant considering her quick demise...and i realllllllly wanted only cat... he repeated "only" twice! i thought we were gonna get it! but all in all im pleased. Im starting to accept it all and embrace the difference! Sansa looks more and more beautiful with each episode call me creepy IDGAF shes only 3 years my junior in real life

That's exactly my problem. Lysa went on and on and on in the books and became more and more unhinged as it went on, and Kate was one of the best members of the entire cast, so I don't know why they decided to cut out like 90% of her rambling.

They cut the whole damn scene as far as I'm concerned! First off, there was no build up to the scene. One minute we're in Tyrion's cell....the next we're watching Sansa walk outside in the snow. WTF? Then, they couldn't wait more than two seconds for her to really take in the fact that it was snowing? Like, shit man. And why was her kiss with LF so...consensual? I saw ZERO struggle. She hardly pushed him away (which makes me think that they really AREN'T going to play this "creepy" like Aidan said. It'll be more of a consensual thing). There was no built up tension, no going increasingly crazy with every sentence...nothing.

And here's what REALLY bothered me: they still had about 8 minutes they COULD have used to develop that scene, but instead, rushed the hell out of it and then ended the episode. :thumbsdown: What a crock!

In less abrasive news...I did LOVE her conversation with Robin. And the slap. Only redeeming part of the scene.

Also kind of surprised at how the kiss was blocked/shot...an Unsullied viewer might reasonably conclude that TV Sansa seemed into it; she closed her eyes and everything. It's not SO far out of book canon--Book Sansa yielded briefly to LF's kiss before shoving him off--but I was somewhat surprised.

The way it was shot kind of reminded me of the Joffrey/Sansa kiss in Season 1. I wonder if that was intentional.

I agree with some of the other posters that it appears Sansa's storyline is going in the direction of her conspiring with and perhaps being seduced by LF. I don't think Lysa revealed enough in her final moments about LF's involvement in getting the whole chain of events that led to her father's death started. I don't see how she'll be able to piece it together now. This is not how I hoped the story would evolve for Sansa, but it's interesting anyway. I wonder how they'll explain Lysa's fall since there was no one else present. I really like how the pieces came together in this episode for Sansa's story. Breianne now suspects that both Sansa and Arya will be at the Eyrie. The hound and Arya seem to be bonding more than in the books; I can't imagine how they will part ways. It almost seems like Bre and the hound will meet on the way to the Eyrie instead of at the QI, and this has potential for Sansa's story.

Before I go off on a tangent rage about my utter displeasure with the one scene I was looking forward too in this entire convoluted mess we call Game of Thrones....are we getting some heavy duty foreshadowing here? Let me explain:

Did she just say she'd LIKE IT if Robin threw people who displeased her out of the Moon Door?

And then the smile after Petyr says, "What do we do to those who hurt the ones we love?"

Is Sansa about to turn into a vengeful killer person? Cause I feel like they're subtly moving her towards that route.

Yeah. 'Cause D&D are really big on subtlety. ;-)

With Sansa apparently not being afraid of slapping (impulsive or not) and rather harshly reprimanding (genuinely made me pause and think) Robin's actions with the Snow Castle, could this mean some changes when Sansa becomes the de-facto Lady Regent of the Vale? Does this stem from the show not really enforcing the idea that Sansa is now Alayne at the moment?

Unless I'm completely wrong and something similar happened in the books. Its been a while.

Also, "He is MINE!!!111!ONE1!!" - did that make anybody else jump or was that just me?

Gonna have to be "Lysa Slipped". Something something I told the crazy lady to keep the Moon Door closed but she insisted on having it open all the time, blah blah.

Of course, we know the truth: The Banana Peel Of Doom. And Balon Greyjoy's next on its hitlist. :)

LOL yeah im wondering who the patsy will be. Banana Peel of Doom will be the patsy?

I liked the scenes but i was...expecting a little more. I guess the book's version of that scene is just so powerful, that transitioning it to the screen loses some of its flavor. I kinda like vengeful Sansa, not gonna lie.

LOL yeah im wondering who the patsy will be. Banana Peel of Doom will be the patsy?

I liked the scenes but i was...expecting a little more. I guess the book's version of that scene is just so powerful, that transitioning it to the screen loses some of its flavor. I kinda like vengeful Sansa, not gonna lie.

Couldn't have put it in a better way :)

I may be misremembering, but didn't Sansa push LF away after the kiss, and feel really uncomfortable. It didn't give me that impression in the show. Robin is an spoiled brat, but apparently doesn't share the same sickness as his book counterpart, I wonder how that will impact in future episodes (he doesn't seem to be dying anywhere soon, which is part of LF's plans).

Weird pacing. Of course, It's still a Sansa scene, so It's always a 10 for me, but... Well, it sounded more like LF seduced her rather than forcibly kissed her.

The relationship between them is changed from the books. In the show, they are a lot closer to partners. I guess Sophie's appearance was one of the reasons for the change. She's too old and big to play Book!Sansa, so the character is more mature.

It remains to be seen, but it looks like Show!LF won't be sexually harassing her - certainly not like in the books.

I said it in the books forums. And there is nothing subtle in the show. She won't be a fountain of mercy and kindness. She will reappear with a vengeance... someday.

That's exactly my problem. Lysa went on and on and on in the books and became more and more unhinged as it went on, and Kate was one of the best members of the entire cast, so I don't know why they decided to cut out like 90% of her rambling.

Maybe, combined with the whole "What do we do to those who hurt the ones we love?" line, TV!Sansa would immediately sell LF over if she has reasons to believe LF hurt her family so much. So she doesn't have to know... yet.

The fact that Sophie Turner could pass for 25 and towers over everyone sort of took away from Baelish's creeper moment

Also a lot of the Moondoor scene was off because I think D&D were worried that the audience couldn't process so much information so quickly. Half of show watchers think Dany's name is Khaleesi, would they really understand who "Cat" is and the whole deal with Lysa's husband?

Archived