Strength of House Velaryon

Vikingr

Daemon did indeed have bloodties to the Velaryons. Stronger bloodties than the Targaryens, apparently, had. It's not unlikely that the Velaryons backed up Daemon, and that this was what caused them to lose power eventually.

When did Alyn Velaryon die?

We have already heard he lived a long life. This could easily mean that he was around into the 180s or even 190s. He is a year younger than Addam, after all...

We don't know, but obviously after 172AC, since he would need to be able to get Elaena pregnant at least once

BTW, this invalidates any daughter of Elaena as a possible bride of Daemon, given that the Blackfyre twins were born on 184.

I always had in mind that, if Elaena had other 4 daughters (making the seven she said, Viserys Plumm, Jeyne and Jon Waters, plus 4), 3 of them would have married to Baelor Breakspear, Rhaegel and Maekar. But, off course, all of that depends on who is the father. The fourth could be Alyn's son wife.

But I don't have proof or anything. Somehow, makes sense to me that Targs princes would marry their "Targs" princess cousins. Perhaps Valarr haircolor could be a hint that his grandmother was Elaena.

Archived