THOSE WHO SING

wolfmaid7

I found this interesting and wanted to share with everyone.I thought it nice to show the images associated with the harmony of the spheres as indicated by Pythagoris and ancient peoples.

The first of course is an astrolabe.You know that spining thing at the begining of the A game of Thrones TV show.The second of course is the Spiral also known as the Golden Ratio.It was in season 2 of the series made of horse parts by the wws.

Harmony of the Spheres (astrolabe)

http://cdn4.artofthetitle.com/assets/resized/sm/upload/35/k2/uk/o4/got_astrolabe_final-0-1280-0-1024.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/atlascelestialsphere.jpg

Spiral

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130416000005/gameofthrones/images/6/6b/HorseCorpses_3x03.jpg

http://vaczy.dk/pix/Solar.gif

Yes, astrolabe sighting! I'm pretty sure George is aware of the Harmony of the Spheres concept. One thing I noticed while researching Prometheus re: the Grey King, i found that Prometheus older brother is Atlas, who holds up the entire celestial sphere, as depicted at your link, not the earth as is commonly believed. Atlas stands at the westernmost part of the world to hold up the celestial spheres.

Interestingly, all the Ironborn claim descent from the Grey King, EXCEPT the Goodbrothers who live at Hammerstone Keep, who claim descent from the Grey King's mysterious "leal elder bother." Since the Grey King stole fire from the gods, as Prometheus did, it's tempting to equate the two. Then we have the Farwynds on the Lonely Light, the westernmost point of land in Westeros, a similar concept. I have no idea what the deal is with the Goodbrothers or the Grey King's brother, but seeing the "brother of prometheus" motif next to the "westernmost known piece of land" makes me wonder.

Yes, astrolabe sighting! I'm pretty sure George is aware of the Harmony of the Spheres concept. One thing I noticed while researching Prometheus re: the Grey King, i found that Prometheus older brother is Atlas, who holds up the entire celestial sphere, as depicted at your link, not the earth as is commonly believed. Atlas stands at the westernmost part of the world to hold up the celestial spheres.

Interestingly, all the Ironborn claim descent from the Grey King, EXCEPT the Goodbrothers who live at Hammerstone Keep, who claim descent from the Grey King's mysterious "leal elder bother." Since the Grey King stole fire from the gods, as Prometheus did, it's tempting to equate the two. Then we have the Farwynds on the Lonely Light, the westernmost point of land in Westeros, a similar concept. I have no idea what the deal is with the Goodbrothers or the Grey King's brother, but seeing the "brother of prometheus" motif next to the "westernmost known piece of land" makes me wonder.

The latter is very interesting and i don't know how it fits but its worth looking into.

• 1 month later...

I loved this very.

Can I suggest that the dead sing no songs but they do hear it? Evolett's The Making of A White Walker comes to the conclusion that the Bones of people because of the marrow (and therefore blood) remember the spark of life and that is what is used to control them.

As with most things, I believe that the George intends for there to be one song and that is the song of Ice and Fire or better yet the Song of Life and Death. Now the person or Great Other is using the heart of winter to transmit a distorted version of the Song of Life to control wights but this song can not pass the magical wards of the Wall. That is why you don't have wights on the other side of the wall but you do have people like Beric, Lady Stoneheart or Ser Robert Strong that have been granted Life once again by another distortion of the Song of Life. Duality of Ice and Fire or the duality of life and death and no one ever heard of copy write laws. :cool4: Anyway songs, music and notes can be translated into mathematical equations. I believe that the Song of Life has the meter (a recurring pattern of stresses or accents that provide the pulse or beat of music) that is expressed as 3.14 or PI. PI has been expressed to being the equation of life because it is the ever repeated golden ratio. Now PI has also been associated with the Nautilus Shell spiral. Life emerged from the sea and we barely returned. Therefore the Song of Life and Death song is played to the meter of PI and was composed for a Nautilus Shell Horn.

Archived