[No Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Why didn't he just stab him instead of bite him? And why was the other guy just standing there while Arya took out her sword and stabbed him?

The first guy seemed to be poor for me. How could he have buy a sword or a knife ? When I saw these guys, I thought "they do not seem really clever". Maybe that's all.

thought jon might have had a little more support at the night's watch, the one guy at the top table seemed like he was about to agree with him but couldn't quite pull the trigger

bronn scene was touching, him and tyrion have both done a lot for each other, but it is true that bronn has risked his life, tyrion seemed to understand though

scene with oberyn was good too, his story about seeing tyrion for the first time was a bit drowned out, guess he was just trying to sympathize with him and that had he been born in dorne he would have been cared for better?

still unsure what littlefinger's long term plan is, obviously it goes way way back if it involved him manipulating lysa that long and getting her to kill her husband, blame it on the lannisters, and then turn the starks against the lannisters, he'll no doubt have some plan to keep control over the eyrie, either through robin or himself, still think its a possibility that he has in his mind to marry sansa

if i had to predict the outcome of the battle, i would think that oberyn would win, i think he is going to be a big character, from what i have gathered he seems to be a very strong fighter as well, especially if he wants to fight the mountain without any second thoughts

arya and the hound scene was good, was surprised to see that much compassion from the hound with the dying man, think they will continue to grow closer, and that they will stay together awhile, not sure if arya makes/stays at the eyrie

The first guy seemed to be poor for me. How could he have buy a sword or a knife ? When I saw these guys, I thought "they do not seem really clever". Maybe that's all.

Confusing in season 2, while Jaqen had become some kind of Lannister solider (never put any thing past a FM) R and B just seem un-uniformed lackeys (not of the Brave Companions recruits they became on the books)... still they seemed to be doing something , so they had been armed , why they were floating free was , I guess, due to the war chaos.

Can any show-only watchers answer me why they would come here with spoilers all over the place? I'm assuming it's just people that don't care much about learning things ahead of time.

Exactly. Isn't that why they are called spoilers, because they spoil the fun? Why would I want some comments on what will happen? If I really wanna know, I'd read the books and get the full experience. I may do that once this season is over, to get over the break. But I agree with you it's sad how little traffic is in the non spoiler threads. I guess the people who really care are readers while most watchers don't bother about forums?

They further attempted to build Robin up as a spoiled brat during his scene with Sansa and snow castle, but to be honest, I felt like Sansa was just as big a brat in that scene, if not worse. It was her that got all bent out of shape when Robin accidentally knocked the tower over, and it seemed like Robin's initial response was just to defend himself. They both behaved like rotten children, but really I felt that Sansa came across as the more unreasonable one.

Well, one has to consider that Sansa probably is not so happy about the thought of marrying her cousin, who's still a child and the way he talked about him being the importand "Lord of the Vale" and throwing people out of the moondoor should make it obvious to her that he's a naive, if not crazy, child. Sansa was nice to him, and even after he breaks the tower she at first just calmly says, "You ruined it, now I have to build it again." Then it goes out of hand, true. Also at the very start of the scene when you see her building the castle, "The North Remembers" is played, which indicates that Sansa is quite emotional about her slaughtered family and burnt down home. So she may have overreacted but I find it understandable.

still unsure what littlefinger's long term plan is, obviously it goes way way back if it involved him manipulating lysa that long and getting her to kill her husband, blame it on the lannisters, and then turn the starks against the lannisters, he'll no doubt have some plan to keep control over the eyrie, either through robin or himself, still think its a possibility that he has in his mind to marry sansa

I think the day we can be sure about Littlefinger's longterm plans, is the day the show is boring. ;) In this case I have not a clue yet whether this was a plan or maybe for the first time ever an impulsive reaction but I doubt the latter. Maybe it is connected to the plan of Walder Frey (or is it Roose Bolton?) to take over the Eyrie? Would also be in the interest of the Lannisters to take down the last possible shelter for Stark kids. That Baelish has in mind to marry Sansa would make sense both on the emotional level as well as on the power level (making him ruler of Winterfell). His plan of course would have to include that Tyrion gets executed thus making her available again.

And I doubt Sansa would go for this marriage. Firstly I think she must have some respect (if not affection) for Tyrion after the way he treated her. Secondly she has experienced Baelish since her arrival in Kingslanding (he could have saved her father and didn't) so I'm sure she's aware of how dangerous and untrustworthy he is.

if i had to predict the outcome of the battle, i would think that oberyn would win, i think he is going to be a big character, from what i have gathered he seems to be a very strong fighter as well, especially if he wants to fight the mountain without any second thoughts

I have to agree, especially from a storyline point of view. One had to think Tyrion stands no chance, now he suddenly has one. (I wanna see Cersei's face when she learns!) And Tyrion has been built up as a character from the first episode onwards, they have nicely started to build up Oberyn in this season, it would be weird to both kill them off in return for this insignificant butcher. But then, so many characters have already been killed off without fewer warning...

The thing I'm left wondering is how LittleFinger is going to explain how Lysa died - it's either Sansa or LF that did it... maybe LF will say she was suicidal? Maybe Robin ordered her to fly? Or maybe the first person that comes in will take the blame?

I just thought about this. Hey, we saw the Red Lady being in the Vale. How about she being blamed for it, wouldn't that work perfectly?

Well, one has to consider that Sansa probably is not so happy about the thought of marrying her cousin, who's still a child and the way he talked about him being the importand "Lord of the Vale" and throwing people out of the moondoor should make it obvious to her that he's a naive, if not crazy, child. Sansa was nice to him, and even after he breaks the tower she at first just calmly says, "You ruined it, now I have to build it again." Then it goes out of hand, true. Also at the very start of the scene when you see her building the castle, "The North Remembers" is played, which indicates that Sansa is quite emotional about her slaughtered family and burnt down home. So she may have overreacted but I find it understandable.

I'm not sure about that. I think the direction they are going with Sansa is that she is going to take on a cunning, conniving personality. Littlefinger is rubbing off on her. The look on her face when Robin talked about getting rid of anybody that Sansa hated was one of intrigue, not repulsion, lol. She said she would like that very much. But yeah, she's been through a lot.

Edited by P. frontalis chiripepe

I'm not sure about that. I think the direction they are going with Sansa is that she is going to take on a cunning, conniving personality. Littlefinger is rubbing off on her. The look on her face when Robin talked about getting rid of anybody that Sansa hated was one of intrigue, not repulsion, lol. She said she would like that very much. But yeah, she's been through a lot.

I agree with you on that but don't really see this as a contradiction to what I said. :)

Exactly. Isn't that why they are called spoilers, because they spoil the fun? Why would I want some comments on what will happen? If I really wanna know, I'd read the books and get the full experience. I may do that once this season is over, to get over the break. But I agree with you it's sad how little traffic is in the non spoiler threads. I guess the people who really care are readers while most watchers don't bother about forums?

I'm currently reading the books, I mean I started to read the first one and I'm still reading the second now. So I can't really discuss in spoilers threads... I want to learn and discuss with people who love ASoIF and GoT like me but I just can't. It's not only what you said even if it's half true I think

• 1 month later...