[No Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

It does crack me up how little traffic the non spoiler thread gets. Just coming in here and reading the titles of topics can be spoilers. Can any show-only watchers answer me why they would come here with spoilers all over the place? I'm assuming it's just people that don't care much about learning things ahead of time. I understand that. For most things I don't care about spoilers at all.

It does crack me up how little traffic the non spoiler thread gets. Just coming in here and reading the titles of topics can be spoilers. Can any show-only watchers answer me why they would come here with spoilers all over the place? I'm assuming it's just people that don't care much about learning things ahead of time. I understand that. For most things I don't care about spoilers at all.

The thing about it is non of my friends are really into this show. I have tried to get them hooked on it but they don't wanna give it a chance. It's a double edged sword. I want to talk about and get more insight into the show but everywhere I look someone spoils something, even inadvertently. I only check the non-spoiler threads and the episode review threads but even those sometimes get spoiled by someone saying what's going to happen next episode. I had the "only cat" spoiled already because someone mentioned it way back in that episode thread what happened in the books. It kills me but at the same time I really like discussing this show, I just can't do it with any of my friends.

They further attempted to build Robin up as a spoiled brat during his scene with Sansa and snow castle, but to be honest, I felt like Sansa was just as big a brat in that scene, if not worse. It was her that got all bent out of shape when Robin accidentally knocked the tower over, and it seemed like Robin's initial response was just to defend himself. They both behaved like rotten children, but really I felt that Sansa came across as the more unreasonable one.

They further attempted to build Robin up as a spoiled brat during his scene with Sansa and snow castle, but to be honest, I felt like Sansa was just as big a brat in that scene, if not worse. It was her that got all bent out of shape when Robin accidentally knocked the tower over, and it seemed like Robin's initial response was just to defend himself. They both behaved like rotten children, but really I felt that Sansa came across as the more unreasonable one.

I liked it because it felt like we got the season 1 Sansa back :D

i only look at the topics that don't contain spoilers, although as much as you read you a bound to skim over spoilers, and i have had a few minor things ruined in the past, but as of right now, the only thing that has been spoiled has to do with someone mentioned what might or might not have been the outcome in the next episode regarding the trial by combat.

I enjoy discussion about the show with fellow non book readers, and enjoy reading other peoples theory's and how they allign with my own. I only have 1 workmate who watches the show, my wife isn't interested in it, none of my friends are into "my nerd sci fi shows" So in the real world there is only 1 person who i can discuss it with. Actually i Lie, i had my mother over, and she sat down and was watching an episode with me, (a little awkward during the sex and rape scenes) however she was hooked, and as of last week i gave her season 1 and 2 on DVD. She told me over the phone she had finished season 1 and was half way though season 2, so it will be interested next time i see her what she thinks will happen in the future.

As for the episode, i had read awhile ago that Lysa had been killed, but not by who, so that was nice to finally see it. I predicted that Bron would not fight for Tyrion, and that Oberyn would, it was nice to see that unfold.

I really really didn't like how they introduced the mountain in the episode, the blood splatter and gore/ slaughter was over the top, not that its a bad thing, but to me it was so over the top it seemed comical, and i couldn't take the scene seriously.

I am really interested to see where Sansa goes from here, and love the bond building between Arya and The hound, im hoping she removes him from her list.......

This episode shocked me. First, I though it was just "another" episode with just the usual story. But some parts were amazing. First, the moment with Bronn and Tyrion, I was about to cry. Then Oberyn came and tell to Tyrion "I will be your champion". I begin to like Oberyn. I really would like he kills the mountain. Then at the end, that part with Sansa, Littlefinger and Lysa. When he said "your sister", I was like "no he can't push her back.... "And he did it. Amazing week episode. But we have to wait 2 weeks before the next one... ****

As a non-book reader I really like how the shows are put together this year. It seems like the writing and direction are really hitting their stride. It must be incredibly difficult to handle so many story lines. I especially like the time they are giving to Tyrion in the last few episodes and I really enjoy the Arya Hound interactions.

I liked this episode a lot.

The ending was great. LittleFinger is just an amazing character! I was totally caught by surprise when he pushed her out of moondoor. However, I hated Sansa - she was so mean to Robin. She told him he "ruined" her castle when he accidentally knocked a tower down. Also, it seems Sansa is/was much bigger than Lysa, so she was in no real danger of getting thrown out the door. The thing I'm left wondering is how LittleFinger is going to explain how Lysa died - it's either Sansa or LF that did it... maybe LF will say she was suicidal? Maybe Robin ordered her to fly? Or maybe the first person that comes in will take the blame?

I liked the Oberyn scene and the Bronn scene. I hope Oberyn dies though, aside from that scene, all he does is have sex. But that would mean Tyrion dies too, unless Tywin pardons him, or he escapes.

Liked the Arya scene, except the wound seemed so superficial - why would a guy try to grab someone from the back in the neck, and why wouldn't Arya see him coming? And how does a grab around the neck cause such a wound?

Didn't like the Dany scene. The guy is not attractive at all, and his butt is too flat. Khal Drogo is a thousand times the man that guy with the beard is.

Anyways, aside from those nitpicks, this episode was great. Best part was the LittleFinger scene :)