[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Jeez, it was just one change of a line, can't believe people are upset.

Hell of a scene...hell of an episode.

Cut out an entire subplot, and people will be OK. Make a character's hair almond brown instead of chocolate brown, and you've ruined it forever.

I don't object to them not using "Only Cat". But it felt like the Sansa sequence was a bit rushed. That's probably because they moved Lysa's revelations into an earlier episode. But I also wasn't thrilled with how the Snow Castle thing played out. I have no objection to Robin getting hit, but it seemed a bit simplified with no seizure. Having an older Robin is necessary because of the actor aging. But some of the infirmities he has would make a closer adaptation more plausible.

Both the snow castle and especially the Moon Door bit were way too fast. There was barely an escalating tension (something the writers don't seem to be fond of, really) in the latter. It would be nice if Sansa's plot could get as much screentime as it actually needs, rather than however much the writers have left when they're done writing everything else.

I have no objection to Robin getting hit, but it seemed a bit simplified with no seizure.

Robin in the show has no health issues, to speak of, at this point. That's pretty clear.

Edited by Colonel Green

"Only Cat" is the kind of stuff that takes a life of its own of forums like this. I read the books years ago and only recently learned on this very forum that was an iconic line -- on this forum. Never stood out to me otherwise. I wanna say it's really not that serious, but I do sympathize with those who are attached to it. But my point remains: I think the line grew into something because of this place and others like it, not because it was that great on its own.

Edited by Haldebrandt

I feel a little let down about the moon door scene, they should let Lysa tells us what happenes between littlefinger and her, forced abortion of her child, forced to marry to an old man she did not love etc. that would be much more powerful, now in front of us is just a crazy jealous woman and nothing more

Maybe LF will tell them that she fell on accident.

The scene with Oberyn pleased me so much. I'm so happy they included the story about Oberyn's visit to Casterly Rock. That's something that was in the books that told me exactly how bad Cersei is.

After watching this, I want the Hound to get revenge on his brother so badly....sigh...