[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Also, the scene between Oberyn and Tyrion was a masterpiece of storytelling. Absolutely beautiful the way he talks about Tyrion as a baby. Perfectly done.

This may be my fav of the season. Powerful, beautiful acting.

So what's going to happen with Brienne next season? Rorge and Biter are dead and the Bloody Mummers don't even exist.

She's going to be meeting Lady Stoneheart this season (based on her information in this episode, her next thing should be to seek out the Brotherhood Without Banners), so all that stuff is surplus anyway.

Why does "only Cat" matter?

Your sister works better for the unsullied.

i agree. works better for non book readers.

Bet both Sansa and LF lie and say Lysa fell.

definitely looks that way. and so it begins. good parallel. arya has learned from the hound. sansa has learned from littlefinger.

Also, the scene between Oberyn and Tyrion was a masterpiece of storytelling. Absolutely beautiful the way he talks about Tyrion as a baby. Perfectly done.

absolutely fabulous scene. really beautiful.

So I'm confused who's ear Gwendolyn was talking about biting off this season...guess it'll be a random Frey and then we meet LS?

Also, Shireen's going to be sacrificed, right? I had this hunch from the books but that scene almost confirmed it for me :(

So what's going to happen with Brienne next season? Rorge and Biter are dead and the Bloody Mummers don't even exist.

She's going to be meeting Lady Stoneheart this season (based on her information in this episode, her next thing should be to seek out the Brotherhood Without Banners), so all that stuff is surplus anyway.

Yeah I think Brienne and Pod will be the segway for the Stoneheart reveal.

D and D came through with their best script of the season and it was bolstered by a number of standout performances.

Dinklage had one scene better than the other. The first one with Jaime and the second one with Bronn ALMOST had me teary-eyed. I'm glad they kept the Bronn storyline in, which I wasn't sure they would do considering how popular the character has become. Love that they kept the final line in that scene with him hoping he'd hear that song. Dinklage and Pascal manage to raise the bar even further with the Cersei story.

Fantastic adaptation of the death of Lysa. Aiden has definitely done his best work of the season in the Eeryie. Very sorry to be losing Kate Dickie but she was great in her short but important scene.

Hot Pie! Was so glad to see him return.

Good stuff from Dany and Jorah.

The Hound's injury was contrived but I was fine with how everything played out.

I wish they hadn't wait so long in the game to reestablish the Mountain but at least they built up how much of a monster he is (and Cersei too).