[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Would someone who follows only the show even have realised who "Cat" is, without having to think about it for a sec?

Saying "your sister" just makes it more clear.

Anyone who follows the show really should remember a certain wedding that took place last season. If they don't then they aren't followers of the show.

I am not overly concerned about the change. I would have prefered the original given that it showed the biggest weakness Baelish has. On that front 'Only Cat' is a crack of light just shining through on his motivations. 'Your sister' doesn't provide the same insight. If 'the audience is too stupid' is a thing, then there is no reason they couldn't have said 'Your sister' then 'Only Cat' as she fell.

So do you think that next season will include all of Feast and Dance? I assume they use that content over the course of the next two seasons.

IMO it'll definitely only be one season. Especially in light of all the "7 season plan" interviews.

Anyone who follows the show really should remember a certain wedding that took place last season. If they don't then they aren't followers of the show.

I am not overly concerned about the change. I would have prefered the original given that it showed the biggest weakness Baelish has. On that front 'Only Cat' is a crack of light just shining through on his motivations. 'Your sister' doesn't provide the same insight. If 'the audience is too stupid' is a thing, then there is no reason they couldn't have said 'Your sister' then 'Only Cat' as she fell.

It's got nothing to do with "stupidity".

I wish the Winterfell show castle would've been handled with a little more care. It's my favorite Sansa chapter.

They really should have had her say "I am stronger within the walls of Winterfell", it's an important part of the changes she's going through in the books. Unless we can assume that she wasn't given that line to say because book-Sansa never returns to Winterfell?

I wonder after watching this episode that Mel set up Jon's attempted assassination at the end of Dance. Mel would then use the time while Jon is out to burn Shireen using her blood for kings blood to awake dragons from stone. Jon while alive and well would never let Mel burn Shireen so Mel needed to knock Jon out for a while and used Bowen and company.

Was I the only one who couldn't believe how easily those 2 went down? Wasn't Rorge a pretty big badass in the books?

Not the only one, I think it was weird. He just stands there and gets stabbed. And what even happened to Biter? The Hound throws him off and suddenly he's done. I don't know, maybe I have to rewatch it.

Not the only one, I think it was weird. He just stands there and gets stabbed. And what even happened to Biter? The Hound throws him off and suddenly he's done. I don't know, maybe I have to rewatch it.

Broke his neck I think.

Excellent episode, in my opinion.

Best parts:

- Selyse and Melisandre dialogue. It seems Shireen will have a role to play in the future;

- Tyrion and Bronn dialogue;

- Tyrion and Oberyn speaking about how they met. Pity they didn't put the whole dialogue, when Oberyn tells Tyrion how he believes Tywin murdered Elia and her children to 'pay a debt', since Aerys chose Elia instead of Cersei to marry Rhaegar;

- Robin being Joffrey (I'll make those who bother me fly);

- Lysa Arryn flying (she was bothering me, so...).

Not so good:

- Dario Naharys. I don't think this Dario is as cocky as the other one. He just seems nice;

- New Mountain, who doesn't ride (or act, for all I can tell).

And, by the description of the next episodes on IMDB, I'd say Stannis is not going to reach the wall this season (Mance Rayder isn't in any of the previews so far), but we definetely will have Hazzea!