[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Speaking of changes I didn't mind, the fate of Rorge and Biter. It was contrived for them to come out of nowhere and for Rorge to just stand there while Arya killed her. But because of all the changes to the storyline, Brienne never encounters either of them or any of the Bloody Mummers. So it chews some fat off of her storyline.

Everyone is breaking my little black heart with their dislike for Brienne's story. :crying:

Yeahhh...I read all of the books and I don't get why everyone is so upset by the little change in that line. Perhaps I am missing something but "your sister" vs "only Cat". Meh be disappointed if need be but I didn't think it was worth majorly griping about. Still a terrific scene.

I'm not one who is super upset at missing the 'Only Cat' line (still think it's a better line than 'your sister'), but I can sympathize with those who are. I thought it was awful when they took "I only rescue maidens" and "I dreamed of you" from Jaime to Brienne, and I do have to wonder why they do these things...try and rewrite perfectly wonderful lines?

Still, it was a terrific episode, everything was well done and we got some pie, too. HOT PIE!! Hot Pie looked like Hot Pie.

I'm not one who is super upset at missing the 'Only Cat' line (still think it's a better line than 'your sister'), but I can sympathize with those who are. I thought it was awful when they took "I only rescue maidens" and "I dreamed of you" from Jaime to Brienne, and I do have to wonder why they do these things...try and rewrite perfectly wonderful lines?

They pretty much used all the book dialogues from Tyrion's scenes with no changes. But they couldn't keep one line. :lol:

Anyway, was I the only one DREADING that Dany was going to say "I'm your Queen and I order you to fuck me"?. Or worst... "I'm Daario Naharis, and I'm here to fuck".

I also love Jorah, btw. "Oh, no... my queen got sexed by this asshole" and then, "yay, my Queen listens to me!".

Still, it was a terrific episode, everything was well done and we got some pie, too. HOT PIE!! Hot Pie looked like Hot Pie.

Yea for the most part I have liked their handling of Jaime's storyline, but the "maidens" and "I dreamed of you" lines were sorely missed.

I very much wanted to see a whole court reveal of Oberyns choice to defend Tyrion.

I really wanted to see it during the trial. Something like:

"And who will you name for your champion?" Cersie looks smug naming the Mountain. Tywin looking vicious Jamie looking concerned.

Tyrion says nothing. Looking around, semi-panicked.

"Looks like you are all alone, baby brother." Cersie says. Oberyn rises from his seat.

"No. Not alone."

This still my play out this way in two weeks.

Ummm... they're not going to burn her now. You do know what happens in the very last Jon chapter in ADwD, don't you?

I am really getting worried they will have to burn her to save Jon. Honestly, I would rather see Jon die for good if Shireen is the price.

What if she's the dragon from the 'stone'?

They pretty much used all the book dialogues from Tyrion's scenes with no changes. But they couldn't keep one line. :lol:

Anyway, was I the only one DREADING that Dany was going to say "I'm your Queen and I order you to fuck me"?. Or worst... "I'm Daario Naharis, and I'm here to fuck".

I also love Jorah, btw. "Oh, no... my queen got sexed by this asshole" and then, "yay, my Queen listens to me!".

They can't help but try and rewrite something, can they?

LOL at Dany and Daario. Yeah, I agree, those lines are supposed to end their encounters, not start them.

And yes, Jorah was happy, and I was surprised. I'd seen lots of spec that tonight would be the night that he was exiled, I was as pleasantly surprised as Jorah.

DAMN, I'm gonna miss Oberyn.

Yea for the most part I have liked their handling of Jaime's storyline, but the "maidens" and "I dreamed of you" lines were sorely missed.

Yeah, I admit, I still get riled up at the loss of those lines. I agree, though, Jaime has been fabulous, that's why I miss the extras even more.

I thought Pod had talked about the Hound and Arya likely going to the Eyrie exclaiming Tyrion told him of all the lord marriages and who hates who and that Arya's aunt would be the only place to ransom Arya since they thought she was with the Hound based on Hot Pie's information.

Yeah, I got the impression they were going to go to the Vale. Pod also said Sansa might be there as well. Makes sense that the sisters would head there - unless you knew Lysa Tully personally :eek: !

But Brienne did ask Pod if he was completely sure, and of course he said he wasn't. I dunno. I always thought that Brienne should try the Vale in the books, I guess GRRM wanted to show us more of the world and the conditions the smallfolk were going through - but a close relative living in a secluded, very defensible place, seems like a natural destination for Arya and Sansa.

"Only Cat" is the kind of stuff that takes a life of its own of forums like this. I read the books years ago and only recently learned on this very forum that was an iconic line -- on this forum. Never stood out to me otherwise. I wanna say it's really not that serious, but I do sympathize with those who are attached to it. But my point remains: I think the line grew into something because of this place and others like it, not because it was that great on its own.

This…

I feel a little let down about the moon door scene, they should let Lysa tells us what happenes between littlefinger and her, forced abortion of her child, forced to marry to an old man she did not love etc. that would be much more powerful, now in front of us is just a crazy jealous woman and nothing more

And This.

I actually liked the final scene, was okay with them skipping the only cat lines, my only question is how is LF going to frame someone else for her death now, with no Marillon?

I have to admit, that does leave me wondering, it comes off much better with Marillon to blame than to count on the Vale Lords believing she fell, on the word of LF and his 'niece.' Still, I wonder if Mord will figure into it, I see him mentioned upthread as reappearing.

What if she's the dragon from the 'stone'?

Heh, I'd never considered that either, in all the years of reading the books and following the thousands of theories on thiss bbs and elsewhere. Brilliant - an overused British word, but in this case, "quite" (another Britishy word) accurate.

Did anyone else cheer when Lysa plummeted screaming to her death. Yay!