[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Probably has been said before but I do believe that the great theme of the episode are sibiling's relationship, full of love or full of hate:

• The mirror of the story that Oberyn told and his pararell with the present: Cersei wanting his brother dead opposite to Jaime protecting him.
  • Oberyn wanting for years to avenge the murder of his sister and her children opposite to Lysa still hating her dead sister and trying that her niece pay her jealousy towards her sister.
  • Sandor carrying the mark of his brother hate opposite to Arya carrying the symbol of her broter's love.

I do saw in Sandor/ Arya 's story a foreshadow that what is going to save Arya's soul( sorta) and not to become in Sandor, at the end, is the love of her sibilings. But, maybe is the romantic in me.

My wife and several friends are all unsullied, and when they're confused, they just ask me. They almost never look stuff up online because they fear spoilers. Not all ASOIAF spoilers are properly labeled and hidden.

Then it's good that you can help them

Buy them The Books on Kindle

They got the Mountain right on the first try. He was the best Mt out of the three. Just a shame he couldn't stick around.

This guy's okay. He's got nothing on the first dude.

He has the appearance down but doesn't seem very fearsome personality wise. Part of the problem is the dude who plays him IRL is supposedly a sweetheart.

They got the Mountain right on the first try. He was the best Mt out of the three. Just a shame he couldn't stick around.

Agreed, but seems way better then Mountain 2.0, and I think we he will serve the role well enough.

I haven't read this whole thread yet - it's growing faster than I can keep up (while multi-tasking at other things, of course.)

Did anyone mention that Melisandre is depicted in the bath WITHOUT her customary red ruby choker?
That could be the end of theories that here appearance is a glamour.

That would be disappointing for me. :frown5:

I really liked the theory that she was either hundreds of years old or even a re-animated corpse like Beric.

But the fact that she's talking about her powders and potions and the use of deception in that very scene..

.. well, it looks like they 'hung a lantern' on that one.

I don't understand the point of reassigning a certain character's plot points to a different character. It's not like it saves time or space. How difficult would it have been to put Rorge and Biter in Brienne's storyline, where they are supposed to be? Who the hell's ear is she going to bite off now?

Edited by Onna Lewyys

Probably has been said before but I do believe that the great theme of the episode are sibiling's relationship, full of love or full of hate:

• The mirror of the story that Oberyn told and his pararell with the present: Cersei wanting his brother dead opposite to Jaime protecting him.

Oberyn wanting for years to avenge the murder of his sister and her children opposite to Lysa still hating her dead sister and trying that her niece pay her jealousy towards her sister.

Sandor carrying the mark of his brother hate opposite to Arya carrying the symbol of her broter's love.

I do saw in Sandor/ Arya 's story a foreshadow that what is going to save Arya's soul( sorta) and not to become in Sandor, at the end, is the love of her sibilings. But, maybe is the romantic in me.

Nice short analysis. Very insightful and literate. A+ :agree:

I was surprised that they let Björnsson deliver his only line. I always thought that they would dub it, possibly with Rory McCann's voice.

I don't understand the point of reassigning a certain character's plot points to a different character. It's not like it saves time or space. How difficult would it have been to put Rorge and Biter in Brienne's storyline, where they are supposed to be? Who the hell's ear is she going to bite off now?

One of the BWB members, I would imagine.

I really don't understand why Tyrion did not ask Bronn about his betrayal on shipping off Shae. They just skipped over that. It's a hole in the plot.

What makes you think betrayal?

After Joff chokes out, Tywin gives the command to close the port and stop all ships, or something along those lines.

It wasn't slow-motion, so the slo-mo death is probably going to be Ygritte's at the Wall.

Cleary the slow-mo will be on Tywin so we can see him shit himself and realize it's not gold unless D&D decide to have Tyrion break the fourth wall or just deadpan "In the end he didn't shit gold" to himself in some insane fit of glee. :laugh:

Oberyn wanting for years to avenge the murder of his sister and her children opposite to Lysa still hating her dead sister and trying that her niece pay her jealousy towards her sister.

Sandor carrying the mark of his brother hate opposite to Arya carrying the symbol of her broter's love.

Very good call, as has been noted. Arya's memories of her past, including her love for Jon and Robb and their younger siblings, is one of the few things keeping her from giving herself completely to the dark side.

Not sure how I feel about TV-Arya being so kind to TV-Sandor; but it works in the TV version.

Oberyn & Tyrion scene - the best in the episode. Tyrion's struggle to stop crying, especially when Oberyn finally offers him hope and those tears want to fall, was especially well acted. He's so tired of being seen first as a dwarf. And Oberyn shows that he doesn't see Tyrion first as a dwarf, he sees Tyrion as an individual; a Lannister but not a monstrous Imp. Both actors brought this scene to life brilliantly.

Cleary the slow-mo will be on Tywin so we can see him shit himself and realize it's not gold unless D&D decide to have Tyrion break the fourth wall or just deadpan "In the end he didn't shit gold" to himself in some insane fit of glee. :laugh:

Nah, Tywin falls over dead, and the camera cuts to the contents of the chamber pot, and we see no gold, just ordinary shit. :)

Just need to have some random mook say "I hear Tywin Lannister shits gold" at the start of the episode and we're set.

Please tell me that little bite doesn't kill the hound.

Human bites are nasty. The human mouth is full of lots of bacteria. I'm an doctor and we routinely give the strongest oral antibiotics (sometimes even IV) for human bites that pierce the skin and draw blood (which this one did), even if it's just a piddly one from a toddler.

Where the hound was bit was pretty nasty too. On an arm or a leg the infection could be more localised, but the neck, it's going to spread.

Nah, Tywin falls over dead, and the camera cuts to the contents of the chamber pot, and we see no gold, just ordinary shit. :)

Just need to have some random mook say "I hear Tywin Lannister shits gold" at the start of the episode and we're set.

Haha I just want to hear that deadpan so bad. In all seriousness it's probably Ygritte's death, or maybe an adapted Grenn-either would have an affect on Jon but instead of just finding her I'm sure they'll make him actually see her fall as Legolas Jr. snipes her down with the revenge-kill.