[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Really??

If we accept that it'll never be as good as the books (which seems to be the case with every book adaptation) then cannot we just enjoy the ride?

Sweetie, that is asking far too much out of this fandom. Believe me, i have tried. There is no reasoning with some people.

Im ok with Oberyn wang, but its too late methinks. There is much potential for wingwong during the rest of the series. Maybe.

Sweetie, that is asking far too much out of this fandom. Believe me, i have tried. There is no reasoning with some people.

Im ok with Oberyn wang, but its too late methinks. There is much potential for wingwong during the rest of the series. Maybe.

Hmmm..

Euron

Victarion

Kettleback replacements

Arys Oakheart

Darrio

Jorah

Any other potential wang?

The thing with Shireen being "important" (or essential or whatever) to Mel bugged me too.

I wonder if maybe they're going to use the threat to Shireen in place of the threat to Mance's infant son up at the wall to give Jon some of that character development from the books. Maybe Mel tries to burn Shireen and Jon stops her by hiding Shireen elsewhere on the Wall. We haven't heard a thing about Mance's spearwife or child and I don't think we're going to -- hell, we've hardly seen Mance himself! -- so I think if the show wants to do the "Mel would happily burn an innocent child at the stake for the sake of the power of king's blood" plot development, Shireen would be the obvious choice, and then Jon could save her with some variant on the trick he used to save Mance's child, perhaps.

Edited by Rill Redthorn

Excellent episode, in my opinion.

Best parts:

- Selyse and Melisandre dialogue. It seems Shireen will have a role to play in the future;

- Tyrion and Bronn dialogue;

- Tyrion and Oberyn speaking about how they met. Pity they didn't put the whole dialogue, when Oberyn tells Tyrion how he believes Tywin murdered Elia and her children to 'pay a debt', since Aerys chose Elia instead of Cersei to marry Rhaegar;

- Robin being Joffrey (I'll make those who bother me fly);

- Lysa Arryn flying (she was bothering me, so...).

Not so good:

- Dario Naharys. I don't think this Dario is as cocky as the other one. He just seems nice;

- New Mountain, who doesn't ride (or act, for all I can tell).

And, by the description of the next episodes on IMDB, I'd say Stannis is not going to reach the wall this season (Mance Rayder isn't in any of the previews so far), but we definetely will have Hazzea!

I'd stay Stannis arriving this season is 99.9999999% confirmed.

OMG please by the old gods and the new, the seven, the lord of light, the drowned god, and the red god please D&D with all of the dumb changes you have made to this adaptation please let Oberyn live... I don't give a fuck if you and GRRM have to change the rest of the storyline to accommodate this change...

The thing with Shireen being "important" (or essential or whatever) to Mel bugged me too.

I wonder if maybe they're going to use the threat to Shireen in place of the threat to Mance's infant son up at the wall to give Jon some of that character development from the books. Maybe Mel tries to burn Shireen and Jon stops her by hiding Shireen elsewhere on the Wall. We haven't heard a thing about Mance's spearwife or child and I don't think we're going to -- hell, we've hardly seen Mance himself! -- so I think if the show wants to do the "Mel would happily burn an innocent child at the stake for the sake of the power of king's blood" plot development, Shireen would be the obvious choice, and then Jon could save her with some variant on the trick he used to save Mance's child, perhaps.

I am really surprised we didn't get Mance's baby/Val. I though for sure once Gilly's baby was included, that storyline was a go.

I did think to save time we may just have seen Mance with the baby pre-battle, with Dalla having already died.

OMG please by the old gods and the new, the seven, the lord of light, the drowned god, and the red god please D&D with all of the dumb changes you have made to this adaptation please let Oberyn live... I don't give a fuck if you and GRRM have to change the rest of the storyline to accommodate this change...

Would that this could be true. I know there have been other instances where some characters who've died in the books, have lived on the show, or vice versa -- mayhaps. Mayhaps...