[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

I'd say that change from trying to hide his terror, and pain and grief and anger at how Cersei had basically wanted this since he was born to almost crying in relief, all in one subtly different facial change was difficult and subtle acting

For me, his facial expression at the end was pretty obvious.

I complained about the lack of "I will be your Champion" last week, but I have to admit I was wrong. This was better, just for that scene and Dinklage's subtle but utter relief at the end

Agreed. Can't wait to see the next episode when Oberyn declares himself even more now XD

I really don't understand why Tyrion did not ask Bronn about his betrayal on shipping off Shae. They just skipped over that. It's a hole in the plot.

I thought that as well. It doesn't make sense. I guess he just understood that Bronn had been paid a higher price???

Edited by Cersei the Great

I thought that as well. It doesn't make sense. I guess he just understood that Bronn had been paid a higher price???

I think it will be explained the moment right before she gets a dart on the neck. Probably Bronn did send her but failed to assure her departure.

I actually could not disagree more, I loved the Stokeworths in the books. Mama Stokeworths trying to marry Lollys off by peddling goose, Lollys not realising that Shae was a fraud, little baby Tyrion, and finally the epic cock up with Bron.

I hope the show keeps at least some of these elements.

Crap I meant Lady Stoneheart. Typo on my part

In the book Bronn walks out of the cell and out of his life. End of arc. BTW I thought that scene was absolutely true to the books. Bronn didn't betray Tyrion, ever. In fact he came by to see Tyrion and they had an honest convo.

I agree.

I never felt like I was meant to condemn Bronn for choosing not to champion Tyrion. He made the only logical choice he could, being a sellsword or a bastard has nothing to do with it.

I thought it was a good episode. I do have a few criticisms though. I don't get why they didn't have him just say 'Only Catelyn', would have been better than 'your sister' and the show viewers would have understood. I felt sorry for Lysa, she is a victim too, her whole life's been shit, no wonder she went crazy. The mountain looks too young, he's supposed to be older than the hound, but he looks 20 years younger. The Selyse and Melisandre scenes had a weird undertone, I hope they won't make those two have a lesbian sex scene but I wouldn't put it past the showrunners with their desperate need for exposed breasts...

Oh, and Darrio has a really nice body and a cute butt. Dany was visibly pleased. She was like :cool4: :drool: . It was great to see a woman in charge in this male-dominated universe. Too bad we didn't get an actual sex scene. Dany hasn't been with a man since Drogo died. It has been forever for her, so it's an important moment. They should have shown more of it.

serious cringe on LF + Sansa kiss

My concern is, now that rorge and biter are dead, who will brienne fight? most of the memorable mountains men are dead...oh shit she is going to meet LS! :O

Tyrion and Oberyn stole the show

Loved the Hound's speech about his brother, love rory :bowdown: Not sure about Arya's emotionless killing :uhoh:

Daario's ass :cool4: . Not too keen on the actor though, too nice? but eghhh

If they hurt Shireen i will crack it :devil:

Almost cried when hot pie came on screen again! i loved his scene! "never give up on the gravy!"

i guess the season finale will be the brienne and LS scene already... =\

The writers will need to cut out too much for that to happen. If Brienne meeting LS is the finale, Brienne doesn't have much to do until tWoW is released.

The LS reveal will probably be similar to the book.

One thing that annoyed me was that Tyrion didn't ask Bronn about Shae. He was supposed to make sure she gets safely on the ship and all of a sudden she's in cahoots with Tywin and Cersei and Tyrion doesn't suspect anything? No questions on whether he betrayed him or how Shae happens to be back in the city after Bronn clearly said he made sure she left on the ship?

One thing that annoyed me was that Tyrion didn't ask Bronn about Shae. He was supposed to make sure she gets safely on the ship and all of a sudden she's in cahoots with Tywin and Cersei and Tyrion doesn't suspect anything? No questions on whether he betrayed him or how Shae happens to be back in the city after Bronn clearly said he made sure she left on the ship?

They will probably resolve this when Tyrion kills her.

Liked

1. Scene of Jaime and Tyrion talking and Tyrion laughing about if Jaime defended him and lost that the family name would be wiped out in one blow.

2. Hot pie

3. Oberyn. Anything Oberyn. Going to miss him dearly. Wish they had made him Daario.

4. Sansa slapping bratty Robin. Sansa 1 - Robin 0

5. Continue to like the scenes with Arya and the Hound. Always entertaining.

Not so much

1. Dany

2. Dany

3. Dany (snooze)