[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

From a show only-perspective the viewer knows for sure some sort of plan to go up there has been in place since Davos told Stannis about it last season, but it hadn't been confirmed on the show until this week. Last week we had the whole Iron Bank plotline which Stannis needed (and apparently he needed Saan's ships too) so they couldn't confirm sailing in the show-universe until the $$$ and ships were secured.

We know Stannis will be at the Wall in Episode 9. It's doubtful we get a Stannis scene next week unless they want to spend one minute on showing him sail finally. Where they are going with Shireen's plotline is less certain but at least they are alluding to the fact that they might want to burn her for prophecy stuff.

Hm... well, I'd inferred by the letter Davos read, and the scene with him, Mel, and Stannis last season (i guess?) that they would be going to the Wall. I suppose as a hardcore book reader and a casual show watcher I may have gotten ahead of myself :) I think there was a snippet in the preview for next week of what I assumed to be Stannis's ships setting sail for the Wall. I will have to go rewatch it on Youtube. If it turns out to be Stannis, I believe we may see him leaving in episode 8, briefly. I'm too lazy to look up the cast listing, atm!

Hm... well, I'd inferred by the letter Davos read, and the scene with him, Mel, and Stannis last season (i guess?) that they would be going to the Wall. I suppose as a hardcore book reader and a casual show watcher I may have gotten ahead of myself :) I think there was a snippet in the preview for next week of what I assumed to be Stannis's ships setting sail for the Wall. I will have to go rewatch it on Youtube. If it turns out to be Stannis, I believe we may see him leaving in episode 8, briefly. I'm too lazy to look up the cast listing, atm!

Rewatched the preview, but didn't see the ships. I could have sworn I saw them sometime last night when I was tuned into HBO. I guess I shouldn't drink before I watch the episodes anymore. :blushing:

Given how they are managing with the best one liners, I pretty much expect Jon next season to say "Ed, please fetch me a block of wood so I can chop off this mans head".

"...with Longclaw, the Valyrian steel sword given to be by the previous Lord Commander, Joah Mormont, father of Danaerys Targaryen's friendzoned advisor Jorah, who is jealous because she's boning his younger brother."

"...with Longclaw, the Valyrian steel sword given to be by the previous Lord Commander, Joah Mormont, father of Danaerys Targaryen's friendzoned advisor Jorah, who is jealous because she's boning his younger brother."

I wouldn't be surprised to see him say "Chopping block" or something of that nature, just to emphasize what he plans on doing.

Honestly, I don't care as long as I get to see Jon separate Slynt's head from his body.

Would that that were true.

But I think the showrunners will go the straightforward route and excise Stoneheart from the series.

Or is there a way around IMDB's casting lists? They do not show Fairley...

Come on, they aren't giving that away. I haven't seen any links to interviews in which she says she's not returning but would appreciate one. Here's an interview in which we are teased in GRRM style by Fairley re: reappearing http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3375895/

Would that that were true.

But I think the showrunners will go the straightforward route and excise Stoneheart from the series.

Or is there a way around IMDB's casting lists? They do not show Fairley...

IMDB isn't famous for completeness of cast lists on recent episodes much less upcoming episodes. Anyway, no one is giving that away.

I haven't seen any links to interviews in which she says she's not returning but would appreciate one.

However here's an interview in which we are teased in GRRM style by Fairley re: reappearing http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3375895/

From a show only-perspective the viewer knows for sure some sort of plan to go up there has been in place since Davos told Stannis about it last season, but it hadn't been confirmed on the show until this week. Last week we had the whole Iron Bank plotline which Stannis needed (and apparently he needed Saan's ships too) so they couldn't confirm sailing in the show-universe until the $$$ and ships were secured.

We know Stannis will be at the Wall in Episode 9. It's doubtful we get a Stannis scene next week unless they want to spend one minute on showing him sail finally. Where they are going with Shireen's plotline is less certain but at least they are alluding to the fact that they might want to burn her for prophecy stuff.

"Burn her for prophecy stuff"? LOL. Anyway, doesn't that seem a blatant misdirection?

I'm hoping to see Jaqen with his new face taking care of Balon.

Nah, nah, nah. I'm hoping to see THE Jaqen face being worn while taking out Balon. :drool: It would be funny, though, if the fall did come right after a........no way would the Lady Lysa fall, drunk or crazy, maybe they just think the girl had coordination? LOL

Man this season has really kinda been all over the place. Now we have nothing but filler with some plots and were speeding through other plots.

I can only imagine what dany's storyline will be like next season and look at sansa and arya. so much stuff just being thrown all over the place.

What was even the point of having that lesbian vibed up scene with melisandre and selyse?

At least Tyrion is getting his due but I'm curious about how were going to get an info dump about oberyn with only 3 eps left.

I very much wanted to see a whole court reveal of Oberyns choice to defend Tyrion.

I really wanted to see it during the trial. Something like:

"And who will you name for your champion?" Cersie looks smug naming the Mountain. Tywin looking vicious Jamie looking concerned.

Tyrion says nothing. Looking around, semi-panicked.

"Looks like you are all alone, baby brother." Cersie says. Oberyn rises from his seat.

"No. Not alone."

Don't see why they still can't do that. Knowing Tyrion he'd enjoy that and play his part perfectly.