[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

In season 3 I felt the Jaime-Brienne scenes eclipsed everything else, but these past two episodes have had so many powerful scenes between actors that it's taken the series to another level. This is the best it's been since season 1 IMO.

i agree. the episodes have been creative and full of twists. it's definitely one of their better seasons.

No Ghost, to me again. Sigh.

I liked how he barely mumbles "Come on, Ghost" and the dire wolf comes straight to him. Ghost looked really good in this episode, too.

As for how LF is going to pull one over on the Lords Of The Vale:

1. Lysa slipped, "you know how that crazy lady always left that thing open"

2. Lysa suicide.

3. We get the Corbray incident early. He draws steel, making the lords look bad (and we hopefully get the hilarious "what the fuck are you, a FREY? Put that down!" line), LF turns this to his advantage much the same way it happens in the books, just earlier. They can even follow up with his "gimme 12 months as LP" bargain, and his subsequent reveal to Sansa that Corbray is on the payroll as his Cointelpro dude, and that LF the brothel owner is of course paying Corbray in boys.

Of course I have no idea if Corbray is even cast...

4. But even without that LF would have to divide and conquer the vale lords somehow because the story is dodgy and Bronze Yohn is going to look like an utter moron if he doesn't at least half-call shenanigans on "lysa slipped, honest!" Fast-tracking Corbray into the show seems the most efficient way to have LF divide and conquer.

Best episode of the season so far. My favorite parts where the scenes at the Eyrie and anything Tyrion-related, specifically the one with Oberyn.

The snow castle scene was exactly like I pictured it from the books. Also glad they kept the kiss. Sophie Turner was great in jumping between innocent Sansa and (hopefully) the more conniving Sansa of the future. Sansa smiling at the death of Joffrey and slapping the hell out of Robin were dreams come true. :D

I was afraid they wouldn't show the Tyrion/Bronn scene and keep Bronn around longer than necessary due to his popularity. It was important for Tyrion's plight to show he couldn't rely on Bronn anymore. Wonder if this was Bronn's last appearance in the show?

Too bad we only got one ep with Oberyn left. :( Just when they're finding the right tone with the character. I feel they should have downtuned the brother-bits and brought the Red Viper stuff with the poison in earlier. Also would have been nice if they would have hired a really big name like Sean Bean for the role, kinda like shows like Shield and Sons of Anarchy have done by bringing in big stars on a one-season deal. They could have hyped Oberyn as the new Ned Stark of the show, and then shocked everyone by having him end up like the old Ned Stark. ;) Maybe Benicio del Toro would have been available? :wideeyed:

It looks like the introduction to LS will be the Brienne and Pod encounter. :frown5:

I was hoping they would give the audience the chance to root for LS (taking out Freys and avenging the Starks) before despising her for wanting favourites dead (Jaime, Brienne, Pod).

I really wanted to see a Frey dangle, the Merrett scene was just so awesome!

No way Brienne and LS is happening this season. No absolute way. Despite Brienne wandering, significant things happen. If Brienne and LS happen this season, there is no screentime for Brienne until tWoW and aDoS. Unless D&D go into *future territory* tWoW next season with Brienne's arc, thereby giving away Jaime's arc.

Arya needs to not mercy-kill the Hound, Brienne and Pod need to get to the Quiet Isles for the black stallion and the gravedigger, and the discussion about Sansa, Gendry needs to be reintroduced... not happening this season.

LS revenge killing some Freys, I predict last scene cliffhanger of the season, right after the CotF and BR make their appearance.

Edited by Fool of a Book

I do think that it's up in the air, left up to Chaos as LF would say, about WHEN LF expected to get results out of Lysa seeing the kiss. I suspect that in the very least LF was setting up the jealousy to play up on Lysa's paranoia and then.......drop the bomb, errrrrrrr, drop her out the Moon Door. Then again, as I mentioned in another post, it could have ALL been a setup, Marillion included, with the singer always working for LF. While I do expect Marillion to meet the same fate as Dontos, it's hard to KNOW for sure, especially with Robert saying he still hears him in the night. It just all leaves me wondering........where was the setup, how far did it go, and I do agree, either way, that spiel by Lysa confirmed for LF that is was definately.................Time for Her to Fly. (Isn't that a song title?)

Time for Me to Fly by REO Speedwagon.

Brienne and Pod need to get to the Quiet Isles for the black stallion and the gravedigger, and the discussion about Sansa, Gendry needs to be reintroduced... not happening this season.

None of that is needed, based on what we know to date. It's not imperative that we tease the Hound's survival, for instance; they could just as easily have him show up whenever he ultimately does. As for Gendry, why do they need to meet him beforehand?

No way Brienne and LS is happening this season. No absolute way. Despite Brienne wandering, significant things happen. If Brienne and LS happen this season, there is no screentime for Brienne until tWoW and aDoS. Unless D&D go into *future territory* tWoW next season with Brienne's arc, thereby giving away Jaime's arc.

Arya needs to not mercy-kill the Hound, Brienne and Pod need to get to the Quiet Isles for the black stallion and the gravedigger, and the discussion about Sansa, Gendry needs to be reintroduced... not happening this season.

LS revenge killing some Freys, I predict last scene cliffhanger of the season, right after the CotF and BR make their appearance.

I agree and I've been hoping they were wrong about this all season, but they are convinced. I gave up protesting.

sure it does, to some extent... they've spent 4 years with LF referring to her as "Cat" ... if unsullied can't tell who he meant had he used that line, they're stupid

i'm constantly amazed at the criticisms i read of nudity/sex and i rarely see anything written about violence/bloodshed... both violence and sex were a big part of this world, just accept it

Well to be fair, they do have a point about Mel being naked in every season...

Season 5-

Jon is summoned to see the Lady Melisandre, he knocks on her chamber door.

“Come in, Lord Snow”

He walks in and she is sitting in a bathtub, naked. She had been expecting him.

:eek: "F*CK!"

He closes the door and bolts it….

Things are tense between them after that.

It is known! ;)

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

After Rorge and Biter were dispatched so unceremoniously, I really don't see what other ending Brienne's story could possibly have this year. There's nothing even remotely resembling a name enemy for her to fight -- there has to be more than "Brienne kills a few random bandits".

None of that is needed, based on what we know to date. It's not imperative that we tease the Hound's survival, for instance; they could just as easily have him show up whenever he ultimately does. As for Gendry, why do they need to meet him beforehand?

because if Brienne and LS are this season, there is no Brienne story next season. It would be the same place we've left off in aDwD, with the exception of a single scene where Brienne seeks out Jaime.

And there are things that need to happen before Brienne meets LS.

Edited by Fool of a Book

Another topic, does anyone else thing it's significant that Daario called Jorah "Jorah the Andal"?

Hmmmmmmm, I did notice that and now I do wonder. Haven't the Dothraki been the only ones to call him that? I could see Daario picking that up from what little is left of the khalasar, but now I'm curious if there is, or will be, more to it?

Random Thoughts:

- Hot Pie Cameo!

- Lysa's line about the "blue eyes" of the dead... hmmm....

Watching again last night, I was thinking maybe the "blue eyes" was a combination of her imagining Sansa's dead body AND a shout out from D+D regarding Others/Wrights