[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

That's a good approximation of what Brienne's screentime is likely to be next season, Colonel Green. IMO they should keep LSH's presence very minimal so as to keep up the enigma and horror of the character. If we see her too much we'll get used to her.

Well to be fair, they do have a point about Mel being naked in every season...

Season 5-

Jon is summoned to see the Lady Melisandre, he knocks on her chamber door.

“Come in, Lord Snow”

He walks in and she is sitting in a bathtub, naked. She had been expecting him.

:eek: "F*CK!"

He closes the door and bolts it….

Things are tense between them after that.

It is known! ;)

After Mel asked Lord Snow to join her in the bath tub Lord Snow willingly obliged. After all Lord Snow has a thing for red heads.

Saw this on Tvfanatic.com:

"Sandor shared the story of how he was burned by his brother over a toy and how his father took Gregor's side in the aftermath.

Like Tyrion, he was a second class citizen in his family. His story was mirrored by Oberyn telling Tyrion about meeting him as a baby and seeing the hate Cersei had for him even then. How fitting it will be if Oberyn, another second son, puts an end to three lifetimes of pain with one kill."

I like this.

"Only Cat" is LF's most memorable/iconic line. You could also argue that Catelyn's is "No, not my hair! Ned loves my hair." and that didn't make the show either.

Just don't tamper around with Jon's- "Ed, fetch me a Block"- and I can accept these changes.

"Your sister" does work better for the Unsullied. :dunno:

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

^Well, we got "this one was only the watcher" from Robb, so I'm sure they'll give Jon his due. The Catelyn line about her hair wouldn't have worked as dialogue I don't think.

"Only Cat" would have if they'd set it up a little more but really "your sister" means the exact thing and has the exact same effect. Anyways it's not too difficult to dub in "only cat" in an LF impression and there you have it. Book version.

Edited by Konradsmith

^Well, we got "this one was only the watcher" from Robb, so I'm sure they'll give Jon his due. The Catelyn line about her hair wouldn't have worked as dialogue I don't think.

"Only Cat" would have if they'd set it up a little more but really "your sister" means the exact thing and has the exact same effect. Anyways it's not too difficult to dub in "only cat" in an LF impression and there you have it. Book version.

Would that the dearth of Roose Bolton scenes this season could be solved so easily... :)

Well, we might get the Roose man next week. Either then or the finale. I'm sure he'll say some lovely things when he appears. Also there was a McElhatton interview I saw in April where he said season 5 will be a good one for him (sorry don't have the link at hand, nor could I post it even if I did). His time in "the Lion and the Rose" had held me over until now. Particularly his line, "bring this creature of yours".

Edited by Konradsmith

What was "Fantastical" about Dany being carried around by freed slaves?

The dragons flying in the sky above her while she's carried by all the slaves.

They could give yet another dragon scene, but I don't think there's any pivotal moment to put it there, and it just seems like the BR reveal would be a huge moment to non-book fans on if they pull it off right.

The NW elections would basically be like Robb's moment in season 1, lots of "Hell Yeah!" but not much "Holy Crap!".

Lady Stoneheart would be perfect for this, better than BR, but I don't know if it's happening this season. Let's just wait a few weeks and see.

Very happy to (finally) see a wardrobe change for Emilia.

Yes! hated her old blue thing with the pants... These new dresses are da' bomb. Beautiful and that last one was sooo sexy. ooolahlah just in time to seduce Daario. ;)

Oh, lets not forget "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother."

I am pretty happy with most of the changes made for the show, I understand TV is a different beast ect ect

However:

^This line, combined with Roose's dead pan delivery made my laugh out loud when reading the books, it cemented my love of the Roose and it was a lovely way of seeing Ramsey knocked down a peg (at a time when he is doing truly awful things).

I would LOVE to see it included, and if it cannot I would love an explanation as to why (not likely, i know)

and yes, "Ed, fetch me a block" would be wonderful as well.

Just now came to mind... Rorge and Biter have made their appearance now, so that means there won't be the riveting, gruesome, and bloody Brienne/Rorge/Biter scene later. :frown5: I was really looking forward to that scene. :bawl:

Bet the unsullied would've loved it too. Lots of blood and guts and BITING. :ack:

Edited by Dolorous Lothston