[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Bronn didn't kill Falyse in the end, but the line about an accident happening to her is from that scene in the book.

I couldn't quite remember all the exact musings from Bronn in the book during his visit with Tyrion, but did think I posted that I thought he might have said something along those lines. For all the lightening up they do of Bronn (which doesn't bother me), the delivery of that line and the show using it just make me suspect that D&D might make things in the future at Stokeworth go down a certain way, that's my main issue with it, and with the way it was done. We'll see, they love Bronn on the show, as do I, maybe I'm worrying about nothing. I do have to admit, I wonder about Lady Tanda's 'fall' from the horse and the implication of a worn out strap, and how Bronn fits into it. But, the thing is, still, regardless of Tanda (who Bronn didn't need to get rid of, who he needed to get rid of was Falyse, so I hope Book Bronn IS innocent, I hope, LOL), I worry what that line says about the direction the show will move with the storyline points. That and their tendancy to whitewash Cersei is why it now has me worried, just a little.

all could definitely happen; not sure how they will play him accompanying Jamie but anything is possible with the exception of anyone threatening again to turn Ghost into STEW... :P

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no more stew cracks.

Also just a suggestion, not sure if any ones mentioned this yet but could Sana reveal to the lords declarants that she is not in fact his niece, but his bastard and this knowledge may have some how unhinged lysa into jumping. Just a thought I can see something along those lines happening

Hmmmmmmm, that's actually a very interesting idea, but I can't see Sansa pulling that off, unless LF has already fed her the story behind the scenes. I can't guess where they are going with this Marillion (or a stand in for him) absence from the story.

If The Hound simply gets an infection from Biter biting his neck and not some awesome battle, that will truly suck. Especially since Rogue and Biter's scene was perfectly lame. Why just 50 min. episodes? Over the course of the season that is 100 minutes we would get if they were 60 mins. long. Maybe have a battle with Sandor and Rogue and Biter? Maybe do more with Bran to push his importance more. Maybe do anything other than give us 10 episodes that are only 50 mins. long.

Very confusing season. It has some amazing and powerful scenes and some truly weak crap too. Jon Snow and Dany are totally lame this season and I was thinking their stories would be better.

I truly dread next season if they are already out of ideas in season 4. What they hell are they going to do for books 4 and 5 where not a whole hell of a lot happens? That's why I think they are dragging out the attack from Mance and the arrival of Stannis. Those will be next season. I think Lady Stoneheart will be next season too (if they don't cut her out). They would need to show some Dondarrion and Brotherhood Without Banners stuff, which I do not see happening this season at all.

Edited by A Redeemed Hound

If The Hound simply gets an infection from Biter biting his neck and not some awesome battle, that will truly suck. Especially since Rogue and Biter's scene was perfectly lame. Why just 50 min. episodes? Over the course of the season that is 100 minutes we would get if they were 60 mins. long. Maybe have a battle with Sandor and Rogue and Biter?

that is pretty on par with the books...injured during a fight, not an especially huge battle, wound festers and he dies....im totally with you on the secne being perfectly lame...but i think thats what they are going to do, basing it on the close-up of the wound and arya pushing the point about fire on the wound to avoid festering...i dont envision any huge battles coming up for the Hound...

I truly dread next season if they are already out of ideas in season 4. What they hell are they going to do for books 4 and 5 where not a whole hell of a lot happens? That's why I think they are dragging out the attack from Mance and the arrival of Stannis. Those will be next season. I think Lady Stoneheart will be next season too (if they don't cut her out). They would need to show some Dondarrion and Brotherhood Without Banners stuff, which I do not see happening this season at all.

make shit up...nothing else to do...GRRM's fault imo...lazy old coot shouldn't have green lit the show in 2011...should have pushed it till at least 2013, get additional 2 years to write the books...i mean seriously...if he took 5 yrs for AFFC and 6yr for ADwD, how the hell did he expect to finish AWoW and ADoS both in under 7 yrs....HBO doesn't make more than 8 season shows...it is known...

GRRM=asshole

I'm also thinking more and more that LHS will be pushed to next season...though all rumors suggest M. Fairley did shoot an ep this season, might be just Berric breathing life in to her...nothing with Brienne....

PREDICTION: Jorah's advice to Dany concerning Yunkai is going to have a bad ending. They will get into an argument about this and she will exile him in one of her childish fits.

One of Vary's birds he sends to Mereen (at the request of Tywin an episode or so ago) will get caught and rat out Jorah and then he will be exiled.

PREDICTION: Jorah's advice to Dany concerning Yunkai is going to have a bad ending. They will get into an argument about this and she will exile him in one of her childish fits.

One of Vary's birds he sends to Mereen (at the request of Tywin an episode or so ago) will get caught and rat out Jorah and then he will be exiled.

Or it's possible that both could happen. However it goes down, it will go down hard.

Edited by sj4iy

I love all the changes they make the more I read people go mental about it.

Changed two words. People cry. Hilarious. So entitled.

Some people even think D and D are actively trying to piss them off and that is frankly hilarious. I actually wish they were.

+1, as if The Books are sacrosanct & deviations from it constitute blasphemy.

The fact is, the show is superior to The Books in many ways concerning the plot, characterization, lines. Not every way of course, but many: showTyrion is better than bookTyrion, showTywin is better than bookTywin, showJorah better than bookJorah, the showWar of Five Kings evolved better than bookWar of Five Kings, showOthers are better than bookOthers, etc.

Then again, bookStannis is better than showStannis and the bookIron-born plot line is better than the showIron-born plot line.

They're two different pieces of art and one has no literary authenticity above the other.

either way, i will be happy to see him go...but i sincerely hope its Tywin and his plot to intentionally let the messenger get caught to cause problems in Dany's camp...does fit why in the future Jorah is insistent on bringing Tyrion to Dany, to get him to confirm that Jorah's innocent and Tywin set him up...

Tyrion wasn't there. Why would he be able to confirm anything?

jorah doesn't know that...he probably just heard that Tyrion killed Tywin so correctly assumes he hates Tywin...and who knows, maybe in the show Tyrion will talk Jorah out of killing him on the spot by saying he's willing to swear to Dany that Tywin set Jorah up and that he's "innocent"

Also just a suggestion, not sure if any ones mentioned this yet but could Sana reveal to the lords declarants that she is not in fact his niece, but his bastard and this knowledge may have some how unhinged lysa into jumping. Just a thought I can see something along those lines happening

I was thinking something similar. Seems she almost HAS to be his bastard and that would be a dramatic way of working that in. Not sure they would believe the jumping though. Maybe a struggle with Sansa?

Edited by johnnysd

would make sense from what they showed in the E08 Promo where sansa says "im sorry to say that Lord Baelish has lied to all of you" (or something along those lines)...the lie being that shes not her niece but her bastard...might work out pretty well...as soon as LF said "niece" instead of daughter, i was like "why...why would they change something so small...what could D&D possible have to gain by changing it to niece from daughter??"

this theory helps...

+1, as if The Books are sacrosanct & deviations from it constitute blasphemy.

The fact is, the show is superior to The Books in many ways concerning the plot, characterization, lines. Not every way of course, but many: showTyrion is better than bookTyrion, showTywin is better than bookTywin, showJorah better than bookJorah, the showWar of Five Kings evolved better than bookWar of Five Kings, showOthers are better than bookOthers, etc.

Then again, bookStannis is better than showStannis and the bookIron-born plot line is better than the showIron-born plot line.

They're two different pieces of art and one has no literary authenticity above the other.

Nonsense something that has filled in every single hole with plausible explanation completing a woven tapestery where every single piece of the puzzle fits to create an epic story? Which will undoubtedly last for centuries.

Then something which will only last a generation a fad of today gone tomorrow. Heck it can't even get the same awards twice. An adapatation at the very best containing more holes the siv, within almost every scene and picture shown?

For exmaple Stannis at the Iron bank he has just been loaned money to win all of Westeros but he goes rerecruits Slandor Saan instead of going to hire mercenariy companies to add to his depleted army.

What are the Nights Watch doing? They have Wildings rampaging over the wall an attack imenent, men to match this threat who will attack. But instead they are travelling 120 miles instead of the odd 30 to Mole Town to defeat these foes. Who won't attack them until they are all back home. The information of these stupid deserters won't put off any invading force at all. Pointless useless screen time to generate rape and barbism, make belief for Bran, all so Snow can have his Wolf back.

Asha Theon Bastard that whole line hasn't made any sense quite contrary to how most people would act in events shown.

So many many more. When adding some spoilers on information we haven't even read yet.

Barely coherent in most of the information shown as makes it up as it goes along often explained in some kind of hammy phallusy.

Yes it is a good show, it is not afraid to kill actors, who aren't builetprooof outside of that redeeming factor, and the hand made sets. It can get quite messy. But in no ways imagineable is it better then any book which will last lifetimes, having thought out every single detail and angle to achieve any written story

Edited by Dipsy

Lady Stonehart is the one major deviation I would have hoped they would make and not have her in at all, She is amongst the very worst elements of the book. But I think she will be in.

LS is worse than Ser Robert Strong?