[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Very happy to (finally) see a wardrobe change for Emilia.

:drool:

I'm not so sure they've dropped it, the look on Jaime's face when Tyrion said that almost broke my heart. Just a look, but it spoke volumes I thought.

Just loving how much NCW is conveying with just little looks. This season is off the charts.

Edited by 7th-key

The show might catch the author and then the show would end.

HBO have never said explictally when this show will end, when if any finale season would be. When that ending season will even be made. Having been renewed up until published content at this time, with a vague exception of a further season/s that have not been given any set air dates. Because the written work hasn't been released yet.

HBO haven't been given exculsive rights to the literature publised, breaching prior contracts from the publishers, whom having had those rights prior to any show. They have however signed an agreement with the author. Obviously speculated as exclusive and whatever other nonsense of knowing character arc's presumed yadda yadda make belief endings. The author is falling behind a deadline, prompting, so many absurd hypebole nonsense assumptions, quite laughably trolled.

I can't believe I fell foul to such ridiculous trolling when previously posting..

Linked with speculation from many undisclosed uncertified sources. Until the producers or authour verify explictally via a video interview or signed documents. Anybody can write in a bunch of crap. Go watch South Park, kids.......

Edited by Dipsy

At this point I know I'm being trolled so I'm going to end it here, maybe you're just having trouble with the language barrier. The show producers have said 7 seasons. HBO top brass has said they'd like to see 8.

It's in quotes, in SEVERAL magazines, web zines and audio/video interviews. Entertainment Weekly, Screenrant, VANITY FAIR....but I guess you're sources are more accurate than theirs?

Entertainment Weekly: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/11/game-of-thrones-7-seasons/

THIS very site referencing said "speculative": http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/EW_Reveals_7_Season_Plan

Vanity Fair: http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Annie_Leibovitz_Photos_Game_of_Thrones

In case you don't want to actually read the articles to find the actual quotes....

“It feels like this is the midpoint for us,” Benioff says. “If we’re going to go seven seasons, which is the plan, season 4 is right down the middle, the pivot point.” - David Benioff (one of the show producers in case you're confused as to who he is)

“We’re all very mindful that they’re having conversations all the time with [author George R.R. Martin]. I think they do feel bullish enough that there’s enough story to deliver through season 7. I hate to sound greedy, but our longest shows have gone 7 or 8 seasons, so seven is a nice long run for us.”-Michael Lombardo. (HBO top exec in case you're confused as to who he is)

Please learn to use Google, all of this was found in approximately 3 minutes of searching.

Edited by White Harbors Wrath

You, above, have been trolling for the sake of it. Continue to do so. What are you above proving here? No I am not understanding why you, above, are being purely disruptive to this forum?

All you, above, have linked now is: The show may last 7 or 8 seasons. Okay I understood that I really do.

However what you, above, have not linked is when those 7 or 8 seasons will even be made.

You, above, have further assumed that gives HBO the exculsive rights to makeup their own ending, outside of any published ending. That is not entirely to say that any seasons won't end, go on a break, but they certainly won't be within ending spoilers to any published books. Troll off. The speculation you, above, are bringing to the table/forum is unverified assumptions, mostly that you, above, has been filling in the dots with, when still liable to change.

The spoliers we have seemed to have seen haven't exactly effected much, not the greater picture of any story, yet. Who knows by Season 6, with those other roads taken on the show? The gaps putty and prefab that have been constructed. But any seen this season haven't altered any real perception of how any ending will proceed. Not to be assumed as whatever make belief endings that you want this show to imagine in later seasons. What like, Dany and the pointy end, hahaha? Seriously ask yourself above, why do we even have spoiler based threads? If this show is now gonna wreck it for us, not the other way around?

Remember Harry Potter. The contact was made before the books were finished being published, a contract for an amount of films to be made. Did these films ever spoil the books? No because they wouldn't have been published if they had.

Pure hype and speculation. As you, above, cannot read properly what I have written, that is where the extent of your trouble is here. I don't want to fall foul to your trolls again either. I would love to continue reading and then watching this series enjoying them both, without any more stupid assumptions wrecking them for me..

Edited by Dipsy

You have been trolling for the sake of it. Continue to do so. What are you proving? I am not understanding why you are being purely disruptive to this forum?

All you have linked now is The show may last 7 or 8 seasons. Okay I understand that I really do.

However what you have not linked is when those 7 or 8 season will even be made.

You have further assumed that gives HBO the exculsive rights to make there own ending up outside of any published ending. Trolled off. The speculation you are bringing to the table/forum is unverified assumptions mostly you have been filling the dots with in, and is liable to change.

Remember Harry Potter. The contact was made before the books were published, a contract for an amount of films to be made. Did these films ever spoil the books? No because they wouldn't have been published if they had.

not to make things worse by chiming in....

but if HBO does grant 8 seasons, which is very hopefully going to happen, that means finale is going to be 2018....they are no way they going to give gaps of a year or more between seasons, unless some central cast member suffers a severe injury or illness...

regarding "assuming HBO has exclusive right tos make their own ending", you can find several interviews with D&D clearly stating that if GRRM is not able to release the books in time, the show will take its own path. This does not give them "exclusive" rights, but GRRM and D&D have spoken, discussed and come to an agreement...

D&D are probably the only people besides GRRM himself who know how he's planning on ending the series...he wouldnt have shared that with them if he planned on stopping them while he finishes the books...

at this point, if you are continuing to hope that show will skip a year or 2 between seasons and will continue on till 2020 or 2025 or any future date, sorry to say that you are probably being a bit too optimistic.

ofcourse i am not Melissandre to peer into the fires and glimpse the future...but going by several trends followed by the network, several interviews from both the author and the producers, i am making an educated and realistic guess....

cheers :cheers:

I actually think I need the extra week before I'm ready to face my last look at Oberyn!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :crying:

I'm watching Pascal's other work to get me through. Not the same.

The DeadNedHead was shocking, RW was bad but it was Oberyn - such an exciting and well developed character - that was my book-throwing moment.

Yay Amazon Prime anyway.

Edited by rmholt

Also, you do realize HBO has said, in print this will go 7 seasons? That doesn't mean they couldn't add an extra 8th season....but they're not stretching this out until 2019. I guarantee that.

Yes yes and Yes. They did say that as long as the series makes MONEY and plenty of money for HBO they will have an 8th season.

not to make things worse by chiming in....

but if HBO does grant 8 seasons, which is very hopefully going to happen, that means finale is going to be 2018....they are no way they going to give gaps of a year or more between seasons, unless some central cast member suffers a severe injury or illness...

regarding "assuming HBO has exclusive right tos make their own ending", you can find several interviews with D&D clearly stating that if GRRM is not able to release the books in time, the show will take its own path. This does not give them "exclusive" rights, but GRRM and D&D have spoken, discussed and come to an agreement...

D&D are probably the only people besides GRRM himself who know how he's planning on ending the series...he wouldnt have shared that with them if he planned on stopping them while he finishes the books...

at this point, if you are continuing to hope that show will skip a year or 2 between seasons and will continue on till 2020 or 2025 or any future date, sorry to say that you are probably being a bit too optimistic.

ofcourse i am not Melissandre to peer into the fires and glimpse the future...but going by several trends followed by the network, several interviews from both the author and the producers, i am making an educated and realistic guess....

cheers :cheers:

Speculation nothing has been set in stone yet. What video interviews, all I have seen is assumption and speculation. The same information being republished since the start of the first season. Adding to hype, simply because the authour is falling behind current deadline. Then all the kids who didn't gets their xbox one have been complaining winter is coming.

HBO haven't said when those later seasons will get aired yet. They haven't be publically renewed to any air dates yet on those later season 7/8, or currently past 2016. We have seen heard of a supposed contract for changing material with a number of season being set around 7 now 8. Within any possibility it certainly wouldn't be the first production to have any seasonal breaks

The producers cannot guarantee anything yet. This show could always get axed, as in everybody stops watching because it has spoiled the books.

Continue happily speculating nonsense. There is still time for GRRM to release the next book before the show catches him. The final book sceptical. Lets hope GRRM kills off the TV show prior. They then come out with something so lame nobody ever watches their crap again. Is that what your saying?

Edited by Dipsy

The producers cannot guarantee anything yet. This show could always get axed, as in everybody stops watching because it has spoiled the books.

If anything, I think the lure of the show spoiling the books would reel in more viewers, even those who never had any intention of reading the books to begin with. The spice of "forbidden" knowledge and all that. Even the purist book fans will likely be unable to resist; I can see them now gnashing their teeth as they engage in hate-watching, inexorably sucked in by their own desperate desire for knowing what happens next, hating the show for forcing them to compromise their fidelity to the books, hating themselves for their weakness, but drawn like moths to immolate themselves in the spoilery flames. :D

HBO haven't said when those later seasons will get aired yet. They haven't be publically renewed to any air dates yet on those later season 7/8, or currently past 2016. We have seen heard of a supposed contract for changing material with a number of season being set around 7 now 8. Within any possibility it certainly wouldn't be the first production to have any seasonal breaks

The showrunners have specifically ruled out any such hiatus, pointing to the kid actors growing up so rapidly. You can't put the kid actors growing on pause, sadly.

Speculation nothing has been set in stone yet. What video interviews, all I have seen is assumption and speculation. The same information being republished since the start of the first season. Adding to hype, simply because the authour is falling behind current deadline. Then all the kids who didn't gets their xbox one have been complaining winter is coming.

Continue happily speculating nonsense. There is still time for GRRM to release the next book before the show catches him. The final book sceptical. Lets hope GRRM kills off the TV show prior. They then come out with something so lame nobody ever watches their crap again. Is that what your saying?

wow...

the only thing that makes any sort of sense in everything you said is "There is still time for GRRM to release the next book before the show catches him."

if our speculating is nonsense then might i ask what are all the "STRONG FACTS" you are basing your views on?

since you are saying

1) show will pause and wait till GRRM finishes the books before continuing filming

2) somehow all the cast and show runners will just wait around for an indefinite number of years

3) HBO will suddenly cancel a show that has one of the biggest ratings in their history

4) for some mysterious reason, all the MILLIONs of viewers who have not read the books will suddenly decide to stop watching the show because the books haven't come out

5) and (my favourtie) GRRM will suddenly kill off a show that he's been working decades on to get aired

How many countless shows have had seasonal breaks most recently 24 which has been renewed again?

If anything the lack of rewards from futher seasons only clarifies the type of audience this show has reeled in, how it has gratuitously filled in those blanks. Leaving the prefab putty in wake of its own intended adaptations to storyline. I am sure that is really what everyone wants to be remembered for.

The lure of this show spoiling the books, makes for an epic read. No it makes for worthless toliet paper. No longer is it considered within any graveyard, hugo, booker prize. Infact it will now go down in history as a generic script. The rest of what has been said is just some mindless trolling opinion.

Please can we wait and see from established guaranteed sources atleast until after next year seasons, or when some more stable TV interviews from those certified sources have been made from all parties concerned. Not the same republished crap from starting season to hype and add more hype. Before this topic gets any uglier and these so notable posters, whom are trolls, make themselves look so much stupidier. Some on here are so opinionated they cannot fathom common sense, when thinking that they are infallible. A real pity for those who would like to try to enjoy both the books and the show without anything spoiled.

Edited by Dipsy

How many countless shows have had seasonal breaks most recently 24 which has been renewed again?

If anything the lack of rewards from futher seasons only clarifies the type of audience this show has reeled in, how it has gratuitously filled in those blanks. Leaving the prefab putty in wake of its own intended adaptations to storyline. I am sure that is really what everyone wants to be remembered for.

The lure of this show spoiling the books, makes for an epic read. No it makes for worthless toliet paper. No longer is it considered within any graveyard, hugo, booker prize. Infact it will now go down in history as a generic script. The rest of what has been said is just some mindless trolling opinion.

Please can we wait and see from established guaranteed sources atleast until after next year seasons, or when some more stable TV interviews from those certified sources have been made from all parties concerned. Not the same republished crap from starting season to hype and add more hype. Before this topic gets any uglier and these so notable posters, whom are trolls, make themselves look so much stupidier. Some on here are so opinionated they cannot fathom common sense, when thinking that they are infallible. A real pity for those who would like to try to enjoy both the books and the show without anything spoiled.

people have shown you over and over again links confirming new seasons. Enough already its been asked and answered to you over and over and yet you still find a need to insult other members here or did you not read any rules and simply started your keyboard warrior attack.

1. It has been stated in many sources that that the writers/producers of the show have worked with GRRM closely he has told them an Ending already.

2. this is cable TV not Fox they aren't going to go on some hiatus and expect the fans to still be here fans are a fickle breed and move on at times.

about being a troll it takes one to know one.

agreed....will be serious tragedy to lose Oberyn...only thing that would make it worth it seeing the unsullied's expressions :lol:

cant wait for the whole new series of "reaction" clips on youtube! :devil:

have a little faith in non-readers; psst I think alot of them know Obeyrn's faith we've ruined it for them and if well he somehow "survives" they will have alot of angry readers to contend with even worse than when they created Robb's "wife"

have a little faith in non-readers; psst I think alot of them know Obeyrn's faith we've ruined it for them and if well he somehow "survives" they will have alot of angry readers to contend with even worse than when they created Robb's "wife"

nooo please! i want huuuuuge, ned stark beheading type reactions to Oberyn as well...it will be the one thing that makes it worth it....he's the first character whose being killed the same season he was introduced (after season 1) right?

i'm having serious long/lengthy discussions with my unsullied friends about the possibilities of Tyrion and Oberyn teaming up and taking revenge on Tywin and Cersei....i told them how Oberyn was supposed to marry Cersei and Loras going to become Kingsguard

must...not...smile!!