[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

I'm seeing a lot of Unsullied comments to the effect of "Oberyn is so awesome that GRRM's just going to kill him off." Well...they're not wrong...

i've noticed those too, but like with Joffery, unsullied knew he's gotta go, they just didnt expect it so soon....same with Oberyn, im hoping they expecting he's gona stick around for atleast 1 or 2 more seasons

people have shown you over and over again links confirming new seasons. Enough already its been asked and answered to you over and over and yet you still find a need to insult other members here or did you not read any rules and simply started your keyboard warrior attack.

1. It has been stated in many sources that that the writers/producers of the show have worked with GRRM closely he has told them an Ending already.

2. this is cable TV not Fox they aren't going to go on some hiatus and expect the fans to still be here fans are a fickle breed and move on at times.

about being a troll it takes one to know one.

What you have just done is troll, bravo at your intelligence.

1)They have entered an agreement seen on TV with the authour at the build up of the first season. Nothing new republished, Except more hysteria, recommends using the pointy end, because of a failing deadline

2)There is no published public material confirming additional seasons past 2016 as of yet. We have had the same story being republished over and over again of an agreement allowing the authors consent etc, allowing for certain speculative possibilty. Already known information from the first season aired. But nothing concrete yet on any future air dates of later season past 2016. Outside of the shows original course 7/7, now 8, what about 9 whatever infinity.....

3) Your last remark is nothing of note because you still haven't factualy proved the first 2 points outside of your intended speculation.

Fans if you could even call yourself one is understatement to your breed

Edited by Dipsy

I'm watching Pascal's other work to get me through. Not the same.

The DeadNedHead was shocking, RW was bad but it was Oberyn - such an exciting and well developed character - that was my book-throwing moment.

Yay Amazon Prime anyway.

I amazingly didn't have any book throwing tantrums, I more so..........from The Ned through the RW to Oberyn......would look at the words, say 'huh? what, did I read that right?'.......and go back and let it sink in. I didn't read the books as they first came out (inspite of being a GRRM fan) but only did a few years ago, and I think that JK Rowling helped me with books and temper tantrums, LOL I spent two weeks after Order of the Phoenix having inapropriate and verbal outbursts suddenly that went like this: Murdering WITCH!!!

I was so busy waiting for Cat to stop whining, that I had no clue the RW was coming. As I reread and look back now, I feel an idiot for not seeing it. Lots of Cat's RW chapters have the ominous feeling of horror novels, as do some of Bran's BR chapters, IMO. I think The Ned's death had me shell shocked and I was prepared from then on.

I haven't seen Pedro Pascal in anything else, but I've enjoyed him so much....I know I need the extra time before Oberyn's onscreen death. Granted, I need something to occupy my free time the coming week, though. Perhaps a bit of a reread or rewatch of something.

I amazingly didn't have any book throwing tantrums, I more so..........from The Ned through the RW to Oberyn......would look at the words, say 'huh? what, did I read that right?'.......and go back and let it sink in. I didn't read the books as they first came out (inspite of being a GRRM fan) but only did a few years ago, and I think that JK Rowling helped me with books and temper tantrums, LOL I spent two weeks after Order of the Phoenix having inapropriate and verbal outbursts suddenly that went like this: Murdering WITCH!!!

I was so busy waiting for Cat to stop whining, that I had no clue the RW was coming. As I reread and look back now, I feel an idiot for not seeing it. Lots of Cat's RW chapters have the ominous feeling of horror novels, as do some of Bran's BR chapters, IMO. I think The Ned's death had me shell shocked and I was prepared from then on.

I haven't seen Pedro Pascal in anything else, but I've enjoyed him so much....I know I need the extra time before Oberyn's onscreen death. Granted, I need something to occupy my free time the coming week, though. Perhaps a bit of a reread or rewatch of something.

I hear that! Re Cat/depressed. She caused all her own problems - terrible insight - and that's why LS is such a downer vs Beric.

I didn't actually throw the book but I did have a moment.

Once one realizes GRRM can whip up a great character almost as fast as he can kill one, one is reassured. Still wish he'd stuck around.

I'm watching what I can with current subscriptions. So far he's made a charming bit part in Buffy TVS.

The DeadNedHead made me realize this wasn't just any story. I only picked up GOT bc I liked Sandkings so much I remembered the authors name & was looking for sth else decades later.

i was in shock for a while when Bran&Rickon were thought to be murdered...had to stop reading for a few days...

but serious tanturm was at RW...after that i thought i was prepared like you....managed to get by PW, Oberyn and Only Cat

then tywin happened....completely floored me......then i figured nothing would top that...

then quentyn happened and i had a tantrum for a whole other reason

I hear that! Re Cat/depressed. She caused all her own problems - terrible insight - and that's why LS is such a downer vs Beric.

I didn't actually throw the book but I did have a moment.

Once one realizes GRRM can whip up a great character almost as fast as he can kill one, one is reassured. Still wish he'd stuck around.

I'm watching what I can with current subscriptions. So far he's made a charming bit part in Buffy TVS.

The DeadNedHead made me realize this wasn't just any story. I only picked up GOT bc I liked Sandkings so much I remembered the authors name & was looking for sth else decades later.

I actually really, really like Cat, but lawd, I wanted and needed her to stop whining, especially by the time we got to the wedding and reception itself. Ah, becareful what I wish for, I know, LOL I do think LS is a vengefully, sad sack of a fate, and I think she needs to be put to rest, with some information about her children that may help in that regard.

Pedro on Buffy? I've never watched Buffy, have a Sarah Michelle Gellar issue, LOL

i was in shock for a while when Bran&Rickon were thought to be murdered...had to stop reading for a few days...

but serious tanturm was at RW...after that i thought i was prepared like you....managed to get by PW, Oberyn and Only Cat

then tywin happened....completely floored me......then i figured nothing would top that...

then quentyn happened and i had a tantrum for a whole other reason

Really, and to think I thought JK Rowling had me prepared. ROFL!! :blushing:

Quentyn, eh? I feel sorry for his idiocy toward the end, he was smart enough to know...DON'T DO IT, but I guess there is no accounting for those young, male hormones? :dunno:

Really, and to think I thought JK Rowling had me prepared. ROFL!! :blushing:

Quentyn, eh? I feel sorry for his idiocy toward the end, he was smart enough to know...DON'T DO IT, but I guess there is no accounting for those young, male hormones? :dunno:

JK Rowling's death were something else....worst was

Spoiler
Fred and Dobby...

and ofcourse Dumbledore...that one was like Ned Stark moment for me

Fred was RW type...

:crying: :crying:

nooo please! i want huuuuuge, ned stark beheading type reactions to Oberyn as well...it will be the one thing that makes it worth it....he's the first character whose being killed the same season he was introduced (after season 1) right?

i'm having serious long/lengthy discussions with my unsullied friends about the possibilities of Tyrion and Oberyn teaming up and taking revenge on Tywin and Cersei....i told them how Oberyn was supposed to marry Cersei and Loras going to become Kingsguard

must...not...smile!!

oh hush; be nice some just can't read such big big books its too much to read all at once. ;)

What you have just done is troll, bravo at your intelligence.

1)They have entered an agreement seen on TV with the authour at the build up of the first season. Nothing new republished, Except more hysteria, recommends using the pointy end, because of a failing deadline

2)There is no published public material confirming additional seasons past 2016 as of yet. We have had the same story being republished over and over again of an agreement allowing the authors consent etc, allowing for certain speculative possibilty. Already known information from the first season aired. But nothing concrete yet on any future air dates of later season past 2016. Outside of the shows original course 7/7, now 8, what about 9 whatever infinity.....

3) Your last remark is nothing of note because you still haven't factualy proved the first 2 points outside of your intended speculation.

Fans if you could even call yourself one is understatement to your breed

so angry for someone new....

We may need to start a virtual support group.

yes we might starting with hugs.

oh hush; be nice some just can't read such big big books its too much to read all at once. ;)

I agree, not everyone can read the books, much less manufacture all the free time I can manage for the rereads. I'm one who cuts most Unsullied much slack.

so angry for someone new....

I've noticed that, too. What's with all the troll in the dungeon remarks coming from that direction? :dunno:

yes we might starting with hugs.

I think I'm stuck on a browser that won't let me move past the first line of emoticons right now.

~Virtual Oberyn TVandBookFan Group Hug~ :crying:

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you, it's gonna be rough once that episode airs. I wonder exactly where the show will leave off on the next episode. I'm guessing that they may cut to black as Tyrion pukes, or does something similar, at Oberyn's quick and graphic turn of fate.

Thank you, it's gonna be rough once that episode airs. I wonder exactly where the show will leave off on the next episode. I'm guessing that they may cut to black as Tyrion pukes, or does something similar, at Oberyn's quick and graphic turn of fate.

i've been wondering that myself...

i'm torn between these 2 options -

Mountain finishes smashing Oberyn's face in...Ellaria screaming out....a brief glimpse of ruined face, limp body and mountain kneels over....roll end credits

Mountain finishes smashing Oberyn's face in...a brief glimpse of ruined face, limp body and mountain kneels over....

Cersei :owned:

Tywin :worried:

Jaime :crying:

Ellaria :bawl:

Tyrion :o

roll end credits

:grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for you both :)

and we must feed trolls.

I must admit the only thing that tickles me more than people saying the series is too much to read are the ones who bitch about Movie Subtitles " I don't go to the Movies to Read"... I sadly point out that most of the WORLD has to read our movies ;)... have you ever seen American Disney cartoons dubbed into other languages its LOL.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for you both :)

and we must feed trolls.

I must admit the only thing that tickles me more than people saying the series is too much to read are the ones who bitch about Movie Subtitles " I don't go to the Movies to Read"... I sadly point out that most of the WORLD has to read our movies ;)... have you ever seen American Disney cartoons dubbed into other languages its LOL.

Of course not, I'm a lazy American with all the free time in the world to read, but too arrogant to learn anything about other cultures and languages, LOL

~Actually, I wish I felt I had the skill to pick up a language dictionary and learn it, alas, I didn't grow up in the time period of even forced Spanish in the US school system. I want to learn Portuguese (spelling?) just because I want to go to Brazil and The Amazon one day. I do subscribe to the belief that children have the easiest time tackling multi-lingual education, I find it daunting as I am certain I would suck at it.~

ETA: I could use the help of the language experts employed by the show to create Dothraki and Valyrian, obviously. :blushing:

Edited by Lady Fevre Dream

Of course not, I'm a lazy American with all the free time in the world to read, but too arrogant to learn anything about other cultures and languages, LOL

~Actually, I wish I felt I had the skill to pick up a language dictionary and learn it, alas, I didn't grow up in the time period of even forced Spanish in the US school system. I want to learn Portuguese (spelling?) just because I want to go to Brazil and The Amazon one day. I do subscribe to the belief that children have the easiest time tackling multi-lingual education, I find it daunting as I am certain I would suck at it.~

ETA: I could use the help of the language experts employed by the show to create Dothraki and Valyrian, obviously. :blushing:

The Lion King in Dutch is hysterical because they also put them singing the songs in Dutch ;) I only know English but my husband is Dutch ;)

The Lion King in Dutch is hysterical because they also put them singing the songs in Dutch ;) I only know English but my husband is Dutch ;)

Lucky Lady, and to bring it full circle and back on topic (since I'm great at going off topic and all over, LOL), the Dutch are making quite the showing on our screens. ~wink~ Mine isn't Dutch, but he is a 6' 3" specimen, and we both have experience in the Dutch Caribbean.

Now I'm wondering, does GoT have other language versions of The Rains of Castamere and Bear and The Maiden Fair?