[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Of course not, I'm a lazy American with all the free time in the world to read, but too arrogant to learn anything about other cultures and languages, LOL

~Actually, I wish I felt I had the skill to pick up a language dictionary and learn it, alas, I didn't grow up in the time period of even forced Spanish in the US school system. I want to learn Portuguese (spelling?) just because I want to go to Brazil and The Amazon one day. I do subscribe to the belief that children have the easiest time tackling multi-lingual education, I find it daunting as I am certain I would suck at it.~

ETA: I could use the help of the language experts employed by the show to create Dothraki and Valyrian, obviously. :blushing:

i'm looking for a partner willing to learn High Valyrian with me! :D

Lucky Lady, and to bring it full circle and back on topic (since I'm great at going off topic and all over, LOL), the Dutch are making quite the showing on our screens. ~wink~ Mine isn't Dutch, but he is a 6' 3" specimen, and we both have experience in the Dutch Caribbean.

Now I'm wondering, does GoT have other language versions of The Rains of Castamere and Bear and The Maiden Fair?

:). I just took a peek I don't see anything on You Tube for Music for either.

Now I'm wondering, does GoT have other language versions of The Rains of Castamere and Bear and The Maiden Fair?

I don't know about Bear and The Maiden Fair or about other countries but at least in Spain they don't have a spanish version of The Rains of Castamere. At the end of the PW the credits re accompanied by The Rains and they put it in english.

I'm seeing a lot of Unsullied comments to the effect of "Oberyn is so awesome that GRRM's just going to kill him off." Well...they're not wrong...

They're learning. That's good. Those of us who read the five books on one read didn't have the luck.

Pedro on Buffy? I've never watched Buffy, have a Sarah Michelle Gellar issue, LOL

https://sites.google.com/site/tablesaw/Freshman.jpg

I swear I don't remember this episode/escene/season/whatever.

i've been wondering that myself...

i'm torn between these 2 options -

Mountain finishes smashing Oberyn's face in...Ellaria screaming out....a brief glimpse of ruined face, limp body and mountain kneels over....roll end credits

Mountain finishes smashing Oberyn's face in...a brief glimpse of ruined face, limp body and mountain kneels over....

Cersei :owned:

Tywin :worried:

Jaime :crying:

Ellaria :bawl:

Tyrion :o

roll end credits

=(

Just because, Pedro with a baby. Let's pretend it's baby Aegon because fuck feelings.

http://www.runningoffthereeses.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/tumblr_mxk363XEqQ1sphwo6o1_500.jpg

trgryn-strk-lnstr-mrtell

Something everyones should be talking about: HOBB THREE-FINGERS EXISTS! I think they have never mentioned him before haven't they?

I noticed the Hobb shoutout on my rewatch......alas, it came with a threat against Ghost. I'm not sure if I'm just hearing the book in my mind, but did Jon or Sam ever mention him? I may be confusing the book scenes in my mind, and just giving the actors' voices to the scenes?

@Alia Atreides I was going to look that up, too.

@trgyn-strk, etc., etc., LOL (copy and paste crapped out and/or I messed it up) Alas, I am saving any shot at languages for learning real ones, Portuguese or actually, Dutch.......I do have an affinity for the Dutch Caribbean.

Hmmmm, A Girl Must...........check for other Hobb references in the show one of these days.

They're learning. That's good. Those of us who read the five books on one read didn't have the luck.

=(

Just because, Pedro with a baby. Let's pretend it's baby Aegon because fuck feelings.

http://www.runningoffthereeses.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/tumblr_mxk363XEqQ1sphwo6o1_500.jpg

I'm not surprised that many Unsullied are learning, the cruelty of this snatch and grab of great characters is becoming obvious, LOL and Ahhhh

Thanks for the Pedro, I will definately check that out.

@trgyn-strk, etc., etc., LOL (copy and paste crapped out and/or I messed it up) Alas, I am saving any shot at languages for learning real ones, Portuguese or actually, Dutch.......I do have an affinity for the Dutch Caribbean.

I remember after LOTR when the real hardcore fans started learning Elvish and I thought "what big nerds!" now i cant wait to be one of those nerds! i already use "Nykelot avy ivestragon issa" when i want to say "I have/want to tell you (something)" :laugh:

I remember after LOTR when the real hardcore fans started learning Elvish and I thought "what big nerds!" now i cant wait to be one of those nerds! i already use "Nykelot avy ivestragon issa" when i want to say "I have/want to tell you (something)" :laugh:

I may be the only one on this entire forum, but ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I've never had the slightest interest in LOTR, not the books, not the movies, nuthin', LOL I'm not sure on the why, I read all types of fiction and nonfiction for that matter, just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

ETA: Now, there was time I'd have been up for learning Klingon.

Edited by Lady Fevre Dream

just checked the ratings on this ep....looks like a 800,000 viewer bump from the last ep!

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/IFWT_damn.png

I've noticed the reports on the ratings continually going up, up, up. I have to admit, I wonder if the death of another great character will bring the Unsullied to a breaking point. I'm not surprised that some suspect a character like Oberyn could go, but I wonder if they are really, really ready for it? Then again, I suspect many will just HAVE to know what happens to Tyrion after the finale.

I may be the only one on this entire forum, but ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I've never had the slightest interest in LOTR, not the books, not the movies, nuthin', LOL I'm not sure on the why, I read all types of fiction and nonfiction for that matter, just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

next weekend...2 six packs of beer or 3 bottles of wine...12 hour marathon LOTR, not the hobbit shit...the original, including the deleted scenes...u will love it!

most people i know who didnt like LOTR dont like GOT much either...like meh they'll watch, but not hooked at all...you my friend are quite unique :lol:

next weekend...2 six packs of beer or 3 bottles of wine...12 hour marathon LOTR, not the hobbit shit...the original, including the deleted scenes...u will love it!

most people i know who didnt like LOTR dont like GOT much either...like meh they'll watch, but not hooked at all...you my friend are quite unique :lol:

It may just be the initial phrase of "Middle Earth," I'm not sure. It's almost a badge of pride now, refuse to read it, refuse to watch it. :devil:

I've noticed the reports on the ratings continually going up, up, up. I have to admit, I wonder if the death of another great character will bring the Unsullied to a breaking point. I'm not surprised that some suspect a character like Oberyn could go, but I wonder if they are really, really ready for it? Then again, I suspect many will just HAVE to know what happens to Tyrion after the finale.

exactly! i checked the ratings after ned starks beheading...viewers went up but about 380,000 :D

=(

Exactly! He was a Star Trek Red Shirt.

You have me on that side; I've seen the films but I've tried to read the books twice I could never get past the first quarter of the first book in the series. I love the movies but then Gandalf is Awesome both the character and the actor. I have several older gentleman crushes he is one of them. :)

You have me on that side; I've seen the films but I've tried to read the books twice I could never get past the first quarter of the first book in the series. I love the movies but then Gandalf is Awesome both the character and the actor. I have several older gentleman crushes he is one of them. :)

I've never even looked at the books. Ok, Gandalf? That's the Dumbledore looking dude, right? Cause, I can totes understand a crush on that guy, pictures alone, LOL The closest I probably came to LOTR exposure, bookwise, was in HS and some guy I had a crush on had to read the book The Hobbit, and well, he didn't seem thrilled. It's been all non-interest for me from there, movies, too. I felt like LOTR movies showed up to cash in on the first HP success, I could be wrong on that, it's how it appeared. I just can't even begin to describe the total lack of temptation I felt for ever reading the books or seeing the movies. I semi-follow along on Big Bang reruns, the LOTR jokes, but can just substitute other isms for that geeking. That's about as far as I go. Viggo looked good in the ads, but meh on the movies tempting me.

I am famously stubborn. I refuse to see X-Men movies to spite an ex that I still have good vibes on but those vibes do not extend to the X-Men. I've been married now many a year to someone else, still, NO XMEN in my house, EVER, LOL

I've never even looked at the books. Ok, Gandalf? That's the Dumbledore looking dude, right? Cause, I can totes understand a crush on that guy, pictures alone, LOL The closest I probably came to LOTR exposure, bookwise, was in HS and some guy I had a crush on had to read the book The Hobbit, and well, he didn't seem thrilled. It's been all non-interest for me from there, movies, too. I felt like LOTR movies showed up to cash in on the first HP success, I could be wrong on that, it's how it appeared. I just can't even begin to describe the total lack of temptation I felt for ever reading the books or seeing the movies. I semi-follow along on Big Bang reruns, the LOTR jokes, but can just substitute other isms for that geeking. That's about as far as I go. Viggo looked good in the ads, but meh on the movies tempting me.

I am famously stubborn. I refuse to see X-Men movies to spite an ex that I still have good vibes on but those vibes do not extend to the X-Men. I've been married now many a year to someone else, still, NO XMEN in my house, EVER, LOL

Yes the Dumbledore looking dude :). I love him and Patrick Stewart but not enough to watch the X-Men Movies that is like another entire Universe that could take a natural life to track/follow and understand. LOTR was popular long before Harry but yes they did coincide and had Peter Jackson directing them he is a really detail oriented director King Kong by him was awesome.

I think we should make a Game of Thrones support thread for this Sunday :) :) since it won't be on...

Edited by Alia Atreides