[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

So I'm confused who's ear Gwendolyn was talking about biting off this season...guess it'll be a random Frey and then we meet LS?

Also, Shireen's going to be sacrificed, right? I had this hunch from the books but that scene almost confirmed it for me :(

This made me sad, I've been trying to come up with reasons for her to say this that don't reach this conclusion. :/

Yeahhh...I read all of the books and I don't get why everyone is so upset by the little change in that line. Perhaps I am missing something but "your sister" vs "only Cat". Meh be disappointed if need be but I didn't think it was worth majorly griping about. Still a terrific scene.

She's going to be meeting Lady Stoneheart this season (based on her information in this episode, her next thing should be to seek out the Brotherhood Without Banners), so all that stuff is surplus anyway.

Nobody is disappointed by that? That scene on the whispers where she kills the members of the Bloody Mummers was awesome, and Gendry stabbing Biter through the back of the head was awesome.

They really can't get any of the one-liners right in this show, can they?

Unfortunately they keep ad-libbing when the source material got it right. What is with the shortened running time? This week started late and stopped early. I'm really frustrated that they seem to be saving the battle at the Wall for the end, it would have made a more exciting season to incorporate that plotline earlier. The pacing just seems excruciatingly slow this year, and it's not as if there's not enough material to pull from the books. So far I'm really disappointed in how they chose to weave the major points. :(

Edited by HazelPhoenixFire

I'm disappointed in the Tyrion/Oberyn scene because I think this means that he won't be announcing it in front of the whole court like he did in the book which was so awesome due to all of the shocked onlookers and Tywin. I enjoyed the scene I just think it means that they're cutting the final court scene.

Hot Pie pop up was cool. Arya/Sandor was a nice couple scenes as well.

Dany's scenes were pretty good. Still interested in seeing how they are gonna send Jorah away.

LF pushing Lysa out was great. Still get annoyed by his voice from time to time.

Sansa slapping Sweet Robin was very satisfying.

I find the Mel/whoever is next to her fire-staring scenes really annoying.

A decent way of implementing the third Mountain to be on the show. The show has done a pretty bad job of giving the audience a reason to hate The Mountain.

The Tyrion/Bronn scene was my favorite. Pretty much word for word from the novel.

Overall the episode was pretty good.

Edited by Ross The Fiddler

So I'm confused who's ear Gwendolyn was talking about biting off this season...guess it'll be a random Frey and then we meet LS?

Also, Shireen's going to be sacrificed, right? I had this hunch from the books but that scene almost confirmed it for me :(

podrick's when they end up hooking up and she gets a little too enthusiastic.

Worst acting in this episode? Plenty of candidates, but I'd go for: "Hoo am Oi Foighting?"

but the mountain isn't supposed to be cast for his great acting ability, is he?

:agree: The first was much douchier.

i agree. and the douchiness is what made him great for the role, imo. wonder why they are implying rather than showing. never known hbo to shy away from a chance to show a sex scene.

also really enjoyed the scene with tyrion and jaime. so clear how much they love each other. it will make the betrayal that much harder to stomach. :frown5:

surprised they were so blunt about her tricks but i think the show explaining how the trick shows the way to the truth makes me more sympathetic to melisandre than grrm's pov chapter. and omg, somebody take shireen away from the red burny lady. please! davos, come to the rescue!!!!

Bronn's wife is not pregnant. That means there is not going to be a Bastard Tyrion baby

I was pleasantly surprised that they kept him marrying Lollys in at all. I fully expected him to simply decline it due to the Mountain being the opponent. Very happy to see how faithful they were there, even if they later end up cutting that part of the storyline with Bronn. Although I guess this means his role with Jaime is out now.

Who do you think will be taking the blame for Lysa's death? There were no one else on the room to take Marillion's place. I remember reading Mord will be this season, but it won't make any sense since he wasn't even there?

Also I don't understand why some people weren't happy with Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger, he's perfect for that role. It's one of those occasions where i, when i reread the books, put my own imagination completely aside and replace it with both the face and the voice from the show.

Edited by ultimo12

I was pleasantly surprised that they kept him marrying Lollys in at all. I fully expected him to simply decline it due to the Mountain being the opponent. Very happy to see how faithful they were there, even if they later end up cutting that part of the storyline with Bronn. Although I guess this means his role with Jaime is out now.

I agree, but it seemed like Bronn was much nicer and more sympathetic with Tyrion in the show. I seem to remember him being more of a douche in the novels. Basically telling him to f off, its not his problem anymore. Of course I could be wrong.