[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

I'm not too bothered about changing "Only Cat". They kept the snow castle and added a Robin bitch slap. CAnt complain.

I was hoping they would keep the kiss... However it felt a bit grosser than I had imagined. Still glad it was ther though.

Loved the Tyrion/Oberyn scene, I got goosebumps when Oberyn was telling that story.

Just came to me that there was no Tywin in this episode... How dare they?

Tywin will soon be killed and they have the audacity of letting him out of an entire episode?

I can't think of a world without TV show Tywin Lannister... Charles Dance is way better than book Tywin...

Agreed!

It's hard to believe there's only three episodes left and we have so many big moments left from ASOS to get through:

1) Death of Tywin by Tyrion; Shae's ultimate betrayal and timely end!

2) Escape of Tyrion with an assist from Varys

3) Oberyn losing the Trial By Combat with the Mountain, but Mountain succumbing as well (am I remembering this right from the books that both of them die??)

4) unCat!

5) Attack on the Wall / Stannis arrival / Stannis temps Jon with Winterfell / Jon elected Lord Commander of NightWatch

Anything I missed? How do you think D&D will change things from the Books? (Note none of these pivotal events involve Dany at all, so I suspect some of her ADWD story will show up before the end of this season. Also, will they give us Bran's 3-eyed crow?)

Anything I missed? How do you think D&D will change things from the Books? (Note none of these pivotal events involve Dany at all, so I suspect some of her ADWD story will show up before the end of this season. Also, will they give us Bran's 3-eyed crow?)

I guess we'll see Arya leaving the Hound and going to Braavos. Maybe they'll unambiguously kill the Hound in the show

Also, we'll see Leaf and Bloodraven, most likely in episode 10

And (this is my own speculation) I think the season will end with UnCat hanging Brienne and Pod

I guess we'll see Arya leaving the Hound and going to Braavos. Maybe they'll unambiguously kill the Hound in the show

Also, we'll see Leaf and Bloodraven, most likely in episode 10

And (this is my own speculation) I think the season will end with UnCat hanging Brienne and Pod

I hope they cut Lady Stokeworth. It is easily one of the worst elements of the series, and the show would be significantly better without it. But I know she has hinted at the character in the show so she will probably be there.

3) Oberyn losing the Trial By Combat with the Mountain, but Mountain succumbing as well (am I remembering this right from the books that both of them die??)

He dies in Feast. We don't know if he will die now or in the next season. I hope is in the next one, so people can remember the Viper is still present :3

I don't post very much, I just read stuff here, but is it me or has the show gone from bad to worse?

1. The Mountain - I don't want to be rude, but this new one (and the one before) is beyond BS...

2. Jon wanting to SEAL the gate... What? Are they just reversing the books?

3. Dany ordering the sellswords to take Yunkai. How can a single company take a city? I'm not sure that even Bittersteel's boys could do that. And besides wasn't Dany all about peace with Yunks in the books?

4. NO ONLY CAT! I'm out of words...

Sorry for boring you all, but I'm just so dissapointed...

I hope they cut Lady Stokeworth. It is easily one of the worst elements of the series, and the show would be significantly better without it. But I know she has hinted at the character in the show so she will probably be there.

I actually could not disagree more, I loved the Stokeworths in the books. Mama Stokeworths trying to marry Lollys off by peddling goose, Lollys not realising that Shae was a fraud, little baby Tyrion, and finally the epic cock up with Bron.

I hope the show keeps at least some of these elements.

I know, I don't even know what to say anymore.

Really??

If we accept that it'll never be as good as the books (which seems to be the case with every book adaptation) then cannot we just enjoy the ride?

I know everyone will have a different opinion, but I am just so grateful that I am able to see ANY ASOIAF adaption in my lifetime. I also think they have done a fine job.

Will it rival the books in my heart? Of course not. But it'll allow me to share the ASOIAF world with friends/family who never would have known about it otherwise.

Plus for 10 weeks a year, it makes Mondays (aka game of thrones days) suck a lot less

(I am Australian)