[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

Am I the only one that thinks Sansa and Petyr will be convincing the Vale lords that crazy Lysa just killed herself next episode? Seems to me like that's where its headed since Mariliion wasn't there.

My guess is they'll pretend she slipped. Seems clean and simple.

they had the perfect chance for tyrion to talk about tysha, but they didnt have him bring her up. "i sould have never believed that a whore could love me." he should have said. , "i should have learned my lesson the first time"

I thought Tysha would be brought up too. I guess (hope) they will do it later.

My guess is they'll pretend she slipped. Seems clean and simple.

I guess that would be a nitpick that doesn't matter, but the Vale lords would never stand for Lysa "fell" out of the moon door right after LF married her and a young hottie showed up as LF's "niece".

Sansa says in the episode 8 promo "Lord Baelish has told many lies... I must tell the truth." *Littlefinger then evil grins*

I think LF will say Lysa slipped but he gets Sansa to reveal she committed suicide, only he was too ashamed to tell the truth.

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

Sansa says in the episode 8 promo "Lord Baelish has told many lies... I must tell the truth." *Littlefinger then evil grins*

I think LF will say Lysa slipped but he gets Sansa to reveal she committed suicide, only he was too ashamed to tell the truth.

Sounds plausible, she was crazy and in the minds of the lords had recently lost her husband, father and sister

So why didn't Jaime become Tyrion's champion? It doesn't matter how much he sucks as a fighter now, neither Tywin nor Cersei would allow him to be killed. They would be forced to choose someone even worse for their champion. It was a good scene between Jaime and Tyrion (NCW continues to be absolutely amazing in every single scene this season), but this bugged me.

So why didn't Jaime become Tyrion's champion? It doesn't matter how much he sucks as a fighter now, neither Tywin nor Cersei would allow him to be killed. They would be forced to choose someone even worse for their champion. It was a good scene between Jaime and Tyrion (NCW continues to be absolutely amazing in every single scene this season), but this bugged me.

Yeah, I would have put in some bit about the KG being forbidden from defending someone accused of killing said king, personally.

I guess that would be a nitpick that doesn't matter, but the Vale lords would never stand for Lysa "fell" out of the moon door right after LF married her and a young hottie showed up as LF's "niece".

There's going to be a lot of nitpicking around the Vale Lords; Sansa's hair is quite red in the promo. I guess the Unsullied won't think about that/care :dunno:

It must have been odd for Andy Beckwith ( Rorge ) to have been told you are in season 4 , but only for 15 seconds!

IMDB lists Gerard Jordan (Biter) as being in this episode, but I don't think that was him!

If it was ... 5 seconds!

That bothered me in the books, every knight in the Vale , and some knight's wives are all as stupid as a block of rock?

I thought Geroge slipped up there.

This one is going to be even more mysterious!

So who can explain our introduction to the new Mountain last night - was he just massacring peasants for fun? Obviously they want us to recall his brutality, but one establishing line about WTF was going on would have gone a long way.

They were prisoners. Execution by Mountain.

Edited by Blood Loss

I have mixed feelings on the sealing of the Wall because it's diametrically opposed to Jon's later stance as well, but it does make a certain amount of sense at the moment? The tunnel is the one point where Mance's army can breach the Wall right now and if it's sealed, then Castle Black can hold back the attack for significantly longer. It's an appropriate solution for this situation where it's not a feasible solution for the situation after Mance's forces are beaten and scattered.

New day and new browser, so I can finally reply quote on any computer. :cool4:

I can see the point of having Jon learn that sealing the Wall is not a good idea, and eventually, he will be the one refusing to seal the gate. It just worries me twofold, that Grenn is the reason for it, and I do fear that D&D just DO stuff for the sake of doing it.......without great reasons, all the time. It would be nice to see Jon learn something (which he should already have learned from Ned, but okay, learn at the Wall), but I do fear it's more about Grenn's fate. I do hope I'm wrong on that count. I guess I'm still not over a lot of the S2 mess.

If that's true, it's going to be the most pirated single episode of a TV show history

It's not true. The HBO Canada schedule shows episode 8 airing June 1st. They will be airing The Normal Heart next Sunday.

Re: The Wall.. that's exactly what I was thinking -- how will they have him completely flip? And why? And I second your thoughts on Grenn... ugh.

And you know, I don't mind some of their created scenes -- some are awesome (!) but when you change excellent writing for something that is less-than... I don't get it, and don't respect it.

Yeah, I do worry on the Grenn issue. I hope I'm wrong, I was pleasantly surprised by lots of scenes that were basically straight from the book this week. I don't mind newly created material or rewritten scenes, they've done good on both types, but please......have a point to it and ya know, wouldn't hurt if the rewrite was as good or better. ;)