[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

That bothered me in the books, every knight in the Vale , and some knight's wives are all as stupid as a block of rock?

I thought Geroge slipped up there.

This one is going to be even more mysterious!

I hope not...the guy they got for Bronze Yohn looks like Mace Tyrell w/o the handlebar mustache, was hoping for someone a bit more imposing/nordic...hope they don't make the Vale lords some bumbling fools.

Edited by White Harbors Wrath

Oh I can't wait for Throne and Slynt to get theirs how dare he threaten to make Ghost stew.. Bastard.

Anyone else cheer when Sansa smacked Sweetrobin in the face....

and so they changed it a little bit to your Sister instead of only Cat, I was more creeped out by Sansa getting her kiss...

That was an amazing slap from Sansa. Sweet Robin did pretty good on the quickly emerging pyscho, too. Sophie did haul off and give him a good one. :bowdown: :lmao: :thumbsup:

One thing that annoyed me was that Tyrion didn't ask Bronn about Shae. He was supposed to make sure she gets safely on the ship and all of a sudden she's in cahoots with Tywin and Cersei and Tyrion doesn't suspect anything? No questions on whether he betrayed him or how Shae happens to be back in the city after Bronn clearly said he made sure she left on the ship?

Right.

The Shae deal does not follow the book, but that's ok.

So for , what?, Tyrion first makes a big deal about moving Shae, then asks and asks and asks about her from more than one person...

Bronn shows up , nary a word from Tyrion, like "how could you?" or "what the hell happened"... well , even Tyrion could figure that out, but not to say a damned thing?

Goofy.

I really don't understand why Tyrion did not ask Bronn about his betrayal on shipping off Shae. They just skipped over that. It's a hole in the plot.

Immediately in the wake of Joffrey's death, Tywin ordered the port sealed as Cersei ordered Tyrion's arrest. I've suspected all along that we will find out that Shae's ship may have just been taken during the all around port closure. Sansa was taken further out on the water to meet LF's ship. Still, I suppose Bronn could have been followed, I don't think he actually gave up Shae to Tywin and Cersei, though. Certainly not before Joff's death. I was pleasantly surprised at the Bronn marrying Lollys, I'm glad they kept it.

Man, Thorne's an even bigger cuntbag in the show. Really like the actor tho, he does a good job and - unlike Slynt - he knows what he's talking about for the most part. Still, can't wait till she gets checked by Jon, along with kissass Slynt.

All of Tyrion's convos were great, especially the one with Oberyn.

And I lol'd at LF kissing Sansa. I didn't think they'd actually do it in the show.

Did anyone else notice that immediately after LF kissed her and she pulled away.........Petyr did not have a lovey-dovey face on, he didn't appear to be a man swept up in the moment, he looked as if he was coldly reading her and the reaction from her and/or from Lysa watching? I always suspected in the books that LF set that whole thing up (getting caught with the kiss, he knew it was time for Batshit Crazy Lysa to go),and I wonder......if LF's look immediately after the kiss (lacking a loving or lustful look on his face, in his eyes) was D&D's interpretation or do they have confirmation? I suspect, this is just an early instance of many questions like that as the show continues the next few years, LOL

It looks like the introduction to LS will be the Brienne and Pod encounter. :frown5:

I was hoping they would give the audience the chance to root for LS (taking out Freys and avenging the Starks) before despising her for wanting favourites dead (Jaime, Brienne, Pod).

I really wanted to see a Frey dangle, the Merrett scene was just so awesome!

Right.

The Shae deal does not follow the book, but that's ok.

So for , what?, Tyrion first makes a big deal about moving Shae, then asks and asks and asks about her from more than one person...

Bronn shows up , nary a word from Tyrion, like "how could you?" or "what the hell happened"... well , even Tyrion could figure that out, but not to say a damned thing?

Goofy.

I'm sure he was positive Cersei or Tywin was behind this. I'm sure he never suspected Bronn. Note Bronn has always been 100% straight with Tyrion to the last.

Did anyone else notice that immediately after LF kissed her and she pulled away.........Petyr did not have a lovey-dovey face on, he didn't appear to be a man swept up in the moment, he looked as if he was coldly reading her and the reaction from her and/or from Lysa watching? I always suspected in the books that LF set that whole thing up (getting caught with the kiss, he knew it was time for Batshit Crazy Lysa to go),and I wonder......if LF's look immediately after the kiss (lacking a loving or lustful look on his face, in his eyes) was D&D's interpretation or do they have confirmation? I suspect, this is just an early instance of many questions like that as the show continues the next few years, LOL

Ooh, that's interesting! Never considered that. Though Martin's explanation of the scene makes it seem like LF was kind of just being a creep and fulfilling his teenage fantasies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtYhmD2TZs0

Edited by Chebyshov

Ooh, that's interesting! Never considered that. Though Martin's explanation of the scene makes it seem like LF was kind of just being a creep and fulfilling his teenage fantasies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtYhmD2TZs0

Thanks, I'll have to check that video out. I only caught the look because I already rewatched the episode this morning. Actually, I did catch Petyr's lack of looking lustful last night but then just became caught up in talking about the show in general at home and online.

I've always expected that scene to have some setup from LF...........can't say if he knew how far it would go immediately, but I suspect he knew Lysa had reappeared on the balcony. Besides, it's hard not to over suspect LF and Varys. I try to temper my suspicions, but hell, I'm still iffy on whether or not Marillion every really answered the call from The Blue. :dunno: :laugh:

Edited by Lady Fevre Dream

Suicide or slip... none is plausible. In the vale everyone hates Littlefinger. Suddenly he appears on the vale, marry the lady and she is dead early after. How suicide or slip will not sound suspicious? "Lysa is notorious mad" she has a child of only 8 years old.

That was an amazing slap from Sansa. Sweet Robin did pretty good on the quickly emerging pyscho, too. Sophie did haul off and give him a good one. :bowdown: :lmao: :thumbsup:

Yes Littlefinger was right it was something is Mother should of done a long time ago :). Just before he kicked in her castle I had turned to the hubby and said you know he doesn't seem as bad as in the book :P. He was like you still think that :)

It looks like the introduction to LS will be the Brienne and Pod encounter. :frown5:

I was hoping they would give the audience the chance to root for LS (taking out Freys and avenging the Starks) before despising her for wanting favourites dead (Jaime, Brienne, Pod).

I really wanted to see a Frey dangle, the Merrett scene was just so awesome!

I'm betting they verbally explain her doings. If they meet the Brotherhood it's going to be after Beric is gone....Brienne will probably meet up with Anguy or Thoros and ask to be taken to to leader/Beric only to have them explain they're following LS and she's been hanging Freys, etc...or show they Frey's being hung then get the big reveal.

Suicide or slip... none is plausible. In the vale everyone hates Littlefinger. Suddenly he appears on the vale, marry the lady and she is dead early after. How suicide or slip will not sound suspicious? "Lysa is notorious mad" she has a child of only 8 years old.

Well plausible or not the child will be much easier to control than Lysa ever was with her out of the way easier to attempt to marry Sweetrobin off; it should be quite interesting in two weeks.

OMG please by the old gods and the new, the seven, the lord of light, the drowned god, and the red god please D&D with all of the dumb changes you have made to this adaptation please let Oberyn live... I don't give a fuck if you and GRRM have to change the rest of the storyline to accommodate this change...

you missed the one true god, him of many faces.

Yes Littlefinger was right it was something is Mother should of done a long time ago :). Just before he kicked in her castle I had turned to the hubby and said you know he doesn't seem as bad as in the book :P. He was like you still think that :)

LOL at the hubby. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at the insta-pyscho. It does leave lots of promise for Sansa dealing with him now, too. I was worried that the show was going too Sweet with Robin. Perhaps it's about the age, too. Like Joffrey, he needs to be a bit of different type of brat. The kid is doing great with the role, too. He was terrific first season, but even without being around year after year like the other kids in the roles, he's doing great. He seemed like the same kid we met in the first season and it seemed effortless for him. Great job.

On a side note, I was a little weirded out the other week about how much Robin seemed to like Uncle Petyr, I'll have to wait and see where that goes.

That's an interesting observation that we'll have to keep an eye on.

I think that it had more to do with Lysa's reveal about Littlefinger's culpability in Arryn's poisoning and the letter to Catelyn two episodes ago, compounded with Lysa talking about it again in front of Sansa that forced Littlefinger to permanently shut her up.

LOL at the hubby. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at the insta-pyscho. It does leave lots of promise for Sansa dealing with him now, too. I was worried that the show was going too Sweet with Robin. Perhaps it's about the age, too. Like Joffrey, he needs to be a bit of different type of brat. The kid is doing great with the role, too. He was terrific first season, but even without being around year after year like the other kids in the roles, he's doing great. He seemed like the same kid we met in the first season and it seemed effortless for him. Great job.

On a side note, I was a little weirded out the other week about how much Robin seemed to like Uncle Petyr, I'll have to wait and see where that goes.

Sweetrobin is a strange child it will be like a Game of Clue when he is finally killed ...

SerHaHa, on 18 May 2014 - 8:21 PM, said:

Heh, I'd never considered that either, in all the years of reading the books and following the thousands of theories on thiss bbs and elsewhere. Brilliant - an overused British word, but in this case, "quite" (another Britishy word) accurate.

Did anyone else cheer when Lysa plummeted screaming to her death. Yay!

i did when sansa hit sr

I thought the Dany scenes were a mixed bag.

It was good to see her relationship with Daario and this cause tension between her and Jorah. This is what happens in the books.

Also I totally called it on Jorah being a member of the Golden Company. :cool4:

The problem I had is that they start arguing by about his "disapproval" and rather than calling out the heart of the issue (Jorah is jealous and loves her) like she does in the book, it sort of drifts into a morality lesson about the slavers. So we end up having a totally different conversation. It felt very odd and jarring, almost as if they wrote this as two separate scenes and then decided to mash them together. You could say that Dany and the audience are fully aware why Jorah does not approve of Daario; but in the books Dany is much more direct and blunt with Jorah over this issue. Jorah comes across more as a disapproving father figure than being jealous of Danys lover. Really Dany shouldn't entertain such a facade and would confront him with the real reason for his objections.

Also, it does really feel rather late in the day to be having Jorah act jealous around Daario. Especially since he shouldn't even be in Meereen at this point.

Plus and I was reserving judgement from a previous scene but the show has made it much clearer now. In the books, Dany makes the decision to act defensively, to turn away from war and DOES NOT attempt to nip the Yunkish problem in the bud. She COULD have done this. Many, many reviewers and readers of ADWD would say that she was weak and made many mistakes in not confronting the slavers directly early on. This is a huge deviation from the books and frankly is an attempt to shift blame. D&D is aware that Danys ADWD arc took flack for her being weak and vaciliating with her inaction. So they are putting this down to Jorahs bad advice which makes her follow the path of weakness; when in the novels Jorah tells her to get out of dodge...twice...once as a ghost. He does not tell her to be gentle with the slavers. It also creates a huge problem going forward. When Jorah gets exiled, why on earth would Dany continue to follow his prior advice and stay in Meereen to rule as a Queen peacefully? Surely she would adopt a warlike path of violence as is her clear and obvious preference on the show without Jorah telling her otherwise. Unless they continue to alter Danys ADWD arc the show could end up with really muddying the waters about Danys behavior and actions.

Edited by Tyrion1991