How would you rate episode 407?

Ran

How would you rate epsiode 407?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I thought it was really good. The dialogue, how they put lines from other scenes in the books into these scenes. Good backstory for viewers to better understand things, without slowing anything down. Top notch acting, nothing at all bothered me. The Selyse and Mel scene was whatever, but I'm not as intrigued yet by their story arc.

Gave it a 6.

The way the Hound got injured was very weak. Not a fan of Dany's scenes either.

Thought they could have done a better job with Lysa's death.

Highlights were any of the Tyrion scenes.

Edited by tallTale

9 - This was a fantastic episode. Peter Dinkledge was tremendous throughout, and Rory McCann was fantastic.

Another nod to the lighting crew. The Dungeon scenes are some of the most complex work that can be shot, and they are hitting it perfectly

liked everything but gravy talk and the bitter change. For the life of me, I will never understand why D&D do things like this. We know Brienne is going to get jumped sometime this season and bite a man's ear off (she said so in one the 1,000 mini trailers before this season started) but it wont be the bitter for some reason? Why not make the random guy the one who attack The Hound and not the one that has an actual plot thread?

It was an episode that obviously didn't have too much action which is totally fine. There wasn't a scene that I really rolled my eyes at or thought sucked. The Tyrion/Oberyn and LF/Sansa/Lysa scenes were picture perfect IMO. I can see that there is backlash because the exact quote before Lysa is thrown out the moon door isn't word for word. Doesn't bother me all that much. "Only Cat" vs "Your sister"? Is it that big of an issue?

that one arya line was kind of eyeroll worthy about "nothingness". other than that pretty great.

8. Pretty much every scene had something interesting in it and nothing that made me wince.

Tyrion's scenes with Jaime, Bronn, and whatsisname, Viper dude were all well done.

Seeing Hot Pie again was more welcome than I expected (and I'm glad Biter won't get to eat Brienne's face, at least in the show) Maybe it was too convenient but I don't care.

I was a little taken aback at how long the kiss 'tween Sansa and Baelish lasted. I daresay she was kissing back.

Edited by Knight of Ashes

For all the OP's who thought LF looked at Sansa as a daughter, I tried to tell you. Oh how I tried to tell you. So glad Lysa went out the moon door;-)

I thought the Tyrion/Oberyn scene was terrific.

Well, the Hound has his wound and Arya will be on her way soon.

Hot pie - eh. Nice but eh.

Edited by OnlyOne

An 8, it was a good set up episode. I sort of liked the Dragonstone scene, most people seemed meh with it but I thought there was some good stuff in there, leaving Shireen at Dragonstone really does not make sense. Still the non-verbal communication was good. Arya and the Hound was a little silly but they established a few things that were important. The return of Hot Pie speaks for itself. Everything else was quite good except for the hammy scene with Ser Gregor but I guess they had too much fake blood laying around and it was nearing the expiration date.

I gave this episode a 10, the second time this season. I really enjoyed this episode, I don't think there is a scene I can complain about.

Emilia Clarke was absolutely radiant. I loved the scene with her and Michiel.

Rory McCann is the Hound, as ever. I love him so much in the show, and I will be sad to see him go. I hope we see him again.

The acting was so good in this episode. I'm glad they stayed faithful to the books by including the snow castle Sansa builds, and the story Oberyn tells about Cersei. It's those little things that really enhance the character building for me. I enjoyed seeing it translated onto screen.

As others said, nicely setting up the story for later. Standout episode for me.

First 9 of the season for me. The weakest stuff was either very brief (the Gregor scene, which was just too cliche to take seriously) or not all that weak at all (mostly it was just kind of weird, like the Rorge scene where he just sort of stands there and has a chat and then dies; I'm thinking Sakharov is homaging something, maybe something from Kurosawa I keep thinking), and the strong stuff was really, really strong (Pedro Pascal hits it out of the park in this one!)

This Gregor might be a worse actor then the last two. His one line made me cringe as the delivery was totally wrong. But eh whatever

This Gregor might be a worse actor then the last two. His one line made me cringe as the delivery was totally wrong. But eh whatever

I think he's been dubbed. Björnsson has a very heavy Icelandic accent in real life. It may be the same person who dubbed Ian White in S2.

So, the delivery isn't necessarily his fault, per se.

And just to say it again, Pedro Pascal was stunningly good. I got goose bumps when he asked, "But what about what I want?"