How would you rate episode 407?

Ran

How would you rate epsiode 407?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Generally a really good episode, but I'm upset enough about how much they inexplicably watered down the Eyrie scene that for now I'm giving it a 3. Maybe I'll get over it in the next week, but I doubt it.

I really pity people like this

I usually don't drink and vote, but I'm giving this a 10. I enjoyed the hell outta this episode! Based almost solely on Oberyn telling Tyrion about his visit to CR. :bowdown: Fuuuuuuuu I am gonna miss him.

I feel like everyone watching just shared a moment as we all yelled "Hot Pie!!!" Also, Bronn and Lollys, nice.

Seriously disappointed in the Dany/Daario scene. So what happened... did they tickle each other all night? The mood, it was not set. I can't believe I'm complaining about lack of sex...

I don't care about "only Cat". While a bit rushed, it worked. I knew the snow castle would never compare to the books, so, I liked it.

Voted 9. The Tyrion/Oberyn scene was one of the strongest in the show's history. The editing where Arya killed Rorge was a bit off, but I'm never one to complain about getting more badass-Arya scenes. The Dany scenes were fine, as were the ones from The Wall.

The only mediocre scene was the one with Melisandre. Put some clothes on, ffs, you're talking to your queen.

Also, Hot Pie! I had no idea he was returning this season. Was the casting a secret, or did I just miss it?

Edited by The Monkey

10/10, not exactly perfect, but if all those scenes that are more or less right word for word from ASOS, and happened to be hit out of the park in the show, don't sway you, then I don't think anything ever will. Bronn's visit to Tyrion, Oberyn's visit to Tyrion, Sansa's snow castle... and then, just for fun, Hot Pie.

The only mediocre scene was the one with Melisandre. Put some clothes on, ffs, you're talking to your queen.

Pretty sure it's the other way 'round at this point.

Gave it an 8. Would have been a 9, but for the replacing of "Only Cat" with "Your sister" because once again D&D felt they needed to appease the Unsullied, and also because for some reason, the intro didn't have the Eyire, but it did have Braavos.

Generally a really good episode, but I'm upset enough about how much they inexplicably watered down the Eyrie scene that for now I'm giving it a 3. Maybe I'll get over it in the next week, but I doubt it.

What in the hell was watered down about it? I've only read the books 3 times and it seemed almost exactly like the books minus Marillion.

The only thing I really disliked (and I'm only posting it here because there's no "negative" nitpicking thread) was that just after Lysa was pushed, that was a really low-budget looking effect. Also the episode is called Mockingbird and it took 40 minutes to get to anything Petyr-related.

I don't really buy into these threads' numerical rating system, but I will say that while episode 6 is still my favorite of the season, this one was overall pretty good.

Edited by sd51223

Really liked the episode, fist-pumped when Hotpie arrived, jumped out my seat when Biter bit the hound, loved Sansa slapping Robert and her sly grins when Robert and little finger hinted at vengeance.

HATED the mountain,,,why cast someone so young and pretty looking who has to be dubbed?

Annoyed at lack of Only Cat, but realize it doesn't make a shred of difference to the plot. I just don't understand why they felt any need to change such an iconic line.

And just to say it again, Pedro Pascal was stunningly good. I got goose bumps when he asked, "But what about what I want?"

Yup his scene was my favorite of the episode. Pedro was brilliant as was the actress for Lysa (forgot her name).

Solid 9. Only 2 or 3 scenes I was meh on