How would you rate episode 407?

Ran

How would you rate epsiode 407?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

a 9 for me, and it's not even a debate.

This reminded me of one of my favorite episodes from season 3, second sons. GoT has always been for me all about the dialog and character interactions. I am never mad when they skip a battle scene, like in season 2. Battles in this show don't do it for me, It's the way the characters interact with each other with the fantastic score in the background that do it. In my opinion, this was my favorite episode of the season so far.

The Tyrion and Bronn scene- I have been waiting for this scene and it was remarkable.

Finally, a Brianne and Pod scene I actually liked, and Hotpie!

The Vale scenes, what a way to end a show.

Tyrion scenes, as always he kills it.

The only reason it is not a 10 is because of one reason. The Mountain scene was so lame to me, anyone who has watched this show knows what the mountain is all about and surprise, it's a totally different actor..again. It just seemed so out of place.

Loved every other scene is this episode, I even enjoyed the Dragonstone scene. The actress that plays the red woman is just so captivating, one of the reasons second sons is one of my all time favorites.

I'm going to have to take a mini hiatus on this forum because I don't want to know what happens in the next episode and people always like to blurt out random things to show that they are book readers. I love Tyrion and I like Prince Oberyn, so there is now way I'm going to take a chance on this being spoiled. All I know is the last few episodes this season are going to be epic.

There are only four episodes in this series so far that I have given a 10. Rains, Baleor, Golden Crown. and Blackwater. This episode was a strong 9 for me and ranks up there with second sons and Prince of Winterfell for my favorites of the non 10s.

Oh man I really don't like how the Mountain looks now. I guess it's hard to find actors with suitable dimension though. Season 1 Gregor was the best.

You never really saw him out of his armor, honestly I didn't realize that Season 2 Gregor was a different actor than Season 1 at the time. But whatever, they're all big, bearded muscle men. I still can't get over the recasting of Daario Naharis. I understand that Skrein took another role (did they not make him sign a contract?), but all of a sudden Daario had a beard, different colored hair, and no sexy accent.

Edited by sd51223

4. I didn't enjoy the fan fiction too much although there were some pretty good scenes, especially the last one. Lysa Arryn's actress is outstanding.

I actually felt this episode stayed closest to the book of any this season. With a few exceptions ofc.

You never really saw him out of his armor, honestly I didn't realize that Season 2 Gregor was a different actor at the time. But whatever, they're all big, bearded muscle men. I still can't get over the recasting of Daario Naharis. I understand that Skrein took another role (did they not make him sign a contract?), but all of a sudden Daario had a beard, different colored hair, and no sexy accent.

Season 2 Gregor looks like he''s an 8 foot tall crack fiend. They got the height right but he was a skinny motherfucker.

I actually felt this episode stayed closest to the book of any this season. With a few exceptions ofc.

I can't agree. The Winterfell castle scene was one of my very favorite chapters ever from any book, but they portrayed Sansa terribly. And the Brienne scenes were created by the show writers. I don't like anything not authentic to GRRM.

What in the hell was watered down about it? I've only read the books 3 times and it seemed almost exactly like the books minus Marillion.

It was clearly very rushed. It was a heartfelt emotional moment in the books that let you feel for her as she was building Winterfell. That she was going over every detail, spending all morning making it, thinking of all the memories. Then getting frustrated because she couldn't get just right, which is when Petyr showed up to help her. In the show, she walks out into the snow, and then we cut to where the castle's already made. What kind of unemotional robot would decide to make that cut? Can we go 10 seconds in this show without dialogue? They stripped the heart from that scene.

Now I do appreciate that it was in there at all even for a handful of rushed seconds but it wasn't even a fraction of what I wanted.

Edited by Lothar

That was just a really solid episode. I'll give it a 9. They played it pretty close to the books too with the Bronn/Tyrion conversation being word for word and even brought up Oberyn conversation that happened earlier in the books and it managed to work well. Sansa and Littlefinger... I guess they certainly won't back off the creepiness of that relationship. Brienne running into Hot Pie was pretty cool and learning about Arya and now she is on her way to the Eyrie. I liked the second Hound/Arya scene, liked that Hound opened up a bit.

I was hoping to hear "Only Cat" but its not a big deal. Overall, the scene was cooler in the books with the whole reveal that Littlefinger was behind everything but it was still great nonetheless.

Can't wait for the Red Viper vs The Mountain next week!

Edited by Jay92

Another thing...Rorge and Biter reduced to a couple of non threatening fools. Again though, I am a book reader foremost. I like authenticity.

I wouldn't say non threatening considering Biter gave Sandor his wound, but yeah that change was a bit odd. Other that that I didn't think anything was drastically different, a few added scenes, but not changed ones.