How would you rate episode 407?

Ran

How would you rate epsiode 407?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

People said the same thing about Shae and Tyrion, but they managed to twist that around. I don't think this complaint is fair.

I suspect arya may actually give the Hound "the gift" in the show version and there will be no future gravedigger..... He made a point of showing her where the heart is

9/10 for me. This was my favourite of this season by far, and perhaps even from all previous seasons too.

My only critiques would be the random appearance and death of Rorge (and I assume Biter too) as well as the Gregor scene, which seemed bizarre and looked almost like one of those flims where you feed sacrifices to a caged beast...odd to say the least!

Dany scene wasnt terrible or great, but the rest of the episode was fantastic. Tyrion and Oberyn, Tyrion and Bronn, Tyrion and Jaime. Pedro Pascal in particular stole his scene.

Sansa and Sweetrobin was well done imo, glad they kept the kiss. Only Cat was brilliant, even without the signature line :p And I'm left wondering who will take the blame, and also fearing for Shireen...

Great episode

I gave it a 7. I thought the Tyrion/Oberon scene was incredible. Same for Tyrion Bronn. Gregor was decent definitely looked the part more than the previous season’s actor. I couldn’t help myself watching the return of Hotpie. Even if it was a tad convenient I thought it came off well and I loved the subtitle smile from Breinne at the end. More and more I am appreciating this change from the book that gave Brienne and Pod more opportunity to establish a working relationship.

For the bad. I really felt like the Errie scenes were a bit ham fisted and rushed. I know it would be hard to portray but Sansa’s castle building with LF really was important to establishing her growth for me…a pinnacle moment when she wanted to believe she had someone she could trust and then it was ripped away. I feel like this made it seem like she was more open to the concept of Littlefinger romantically then I read it. It just seemed to happen so fast…maybe because they wanted the “cliffhanger” pun intended. I also wonder…..without a fall guy…how will LF talk his way out of this?

I don't know if this is the right place to say this, and please, if it's not, feel free to delete my comment or point me to another thread, but who cares if Littlefinger said "your sister" instead of "only Cat"? If you've been paying attention, you know that Cat was Lysa's sister... So does it really matter?

Too many scenes felt clunky, the Jon scene felt like a waste of time, the new Daario bores me, the Eyrie scenes felt undercooked and the Rorge and Biter attack was clumsily presented and there was no Tywin.

On the plus side before Rorge and Biter arrived to cramp their style the Arya/Hound stuff was great, Sophie Turner managed to once again stand out even while not-great scenes played out around her and the scenes with both Bronn and Oberyn visiting Tyrion were some of the best the show has ever done.

Gave this a 9 and it was my favourite episode of the season so far. And despite all that blood and thunder last week regarding Dinklage's performance at the trial, for me his performance tonight in the three scenes with his potential 'champions' was stellar. He is SO much better when he underplays. I think the moving scene between him and Pedro was outstanding

This was an episode that examined the subtle changes in relationships between characters and I lap stuff like this up any day of the week.

The wall and Mountain scenes were the weakest: the Wall in particular felt as though it was pushed in to remind the audience that Mance is still coming (him and winter!) and didn't advance anything plot wise. The Mountain scene was also a little hamfisted - oh, better remind the audience who this big bad bastard is. Other than these, I thought there was a good flow to the episode . And I didn't even mind the Dany scene tonight although it was not among my favourites, but again, Emilia is trying.... ;)

The episode has done a good job in setting up the big plot points for the end of the season, which I have high hopes for.

But now it's two whole weeks to wait. Ouch !

I give this one an easy 10, as it's one of the strongest episodes of the series so far, if not the strongest I've seen yet. Beautifully scripted and acted, thrilling, constantly engaging, completely sensitive to the source material, the way the series should be: and even the Brienne and Pod ramblings were a joy. It had sexy stuff, it had violence, it had big emotional moments, it had the Mountain. All of the finest dialogue in key scenes of the novels was preserved; each scene was perfect in all ways. This was just the kick the season needed after the disappointingly patchy near-fanfic of last week, with its Monty Pythonesque failed Dreadfort rescue mission. And what a heart-soaring double-whammy in the Tyrion/Oberyn and Eyrie scenes at the end.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Hot Pie! I thought this was a great espisode and really loved seeing Hot Pie, and then seeing Arya kill Rorge. Tyrion with Jamie, then Bronn and then the magnificent performance by Pedro Pascal .....all were great. And the scene at the end, I was so hoping we would see Lysa thrown through the Moon Door, I was really hoping they would follow the books. I wonder what they will to with no Marillion....and how Littlefinger will get out of this. I think it was very well done. Maybe we see he change in Sansa starting earlier than in the books.

And the Biter got the Hound instead of who he gets in the books.....

A week break, then 3 more episodes. I am really enjoying this season.

And just what is Mel planning for Shireen? She better leave that little girl alone...... :worried:

Edited by Fevre River Warrior

ok 8 of 10...i would have liked a little more with tyrion and jamie and felt let down by the moon door where was the singer to blame it on.... a problem for me

...though just this asshole's opinion...feel free to disagree... :smoking:

I agree.

I also liked Tyrion and Bronn. Sansa and Littlefinger scene was ok. Gregor was too over the top. Daario is boring.

8/10

yes why have daario at all... tyrion and bronn was expected ...felt sorry for tyrion but understood bronn's point

sansa and little finger was perfect but moon door scene was a let down....

...just my opinion... :smoking:

ok 8 of 10...i would have liked a little more with tyrion and jamie and felt let down by the moon door where was the singer to blame it on.... a problem for me

...though just this asshole's opinion...feel free to disagree... :smoking:

I disagree, I don't think your an asshole but if I ever catch you kissing on my flowers :devil:

Edited by jarl the climber

I will also say I don't get the Aiden Gillen hate around here. People say his accent fluctuates and maybe I don't notice or something, but it's just not that big a deal to me. I think he's doing a powerful job as Littlefinger.

I didn't get the complaints about his accent at all until this episode. He sounded so Irish at one point, i'm amazed they didn't re-shoot the scene.

Didn't get to watch it live, just finished watching it. I thought it was really great. My only complaint, and it's really not a complaint at all, is that Littlefinger didn't give the "Only Cat" line before pushing Lysa out the Moon Door. Episode was great though, both of Tyrion's scenes were incredible and the Arya/Hound stuff was really good, ending was great as well. Brienne/Pod stuff was also quite enjoyable, nice to see Hot Pie again.

Thought this was a filler episode. Not to much happened, I say the only things worth watching was the scene with Arya and Rorge, and I suppose the Lysa and Sansa moon door scene was cool too. Other then that it was pretty much just blah. blah. blah. Sucks we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode, these next 3 episodes will be epic.