[book spoilers] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

My family is very happy for Tyrion because tghey dont think that the Viper is going to lose. My father think that there is going to be Stark family reunion soon.

The folks I know that watch the show think Oberyn is doomed and they don't know he's called the Red Viper, etc.

The Unsullied know nothing.

Pretty poor job with Oberyn too.

No. For someone who knows the characters, it was a little on the nose how they established the Oberyn/Mountain relationship. They couldn't have made it much more obvious without showing the two on screen and explaining why one hates the other.

But it's just really difficult as a show watcher, to keep track of this kind of stuff if you don't have a visual connection. I'm not just saying this to just be nice and appease the showfans, I have the exact same problem with other complex TV shows. If I don't read a name black on white, I have difficulties remembering exactly who this is and how he stands in relation to other characters. Just the nature of the medium.

Yeah, they've really sucked at establishing who the Mountain actually is post-season 1.

He's been mentioned time and time again this season. Oberyn's even referred to him as "Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain"

Bar having some guy show up and draw pictures for the audience, not sure what else they're supposed to do.

My unsullied brother picked out the LF line "Your sister." just an instant before it happened. He said it exactly with the same words! I was a little disappointed they didn't have him say "Only Cat." but ... oh well.

Also he and I both cracked up at the Rorge scene. After Sandor gives the "gift" of mercy to the dying man, he tells Arya that's where the heart is. Then Rorge appears, and Arya get him in the heart with Needle. My brother said, "She learns quick!" just before Sandor did. Then he starts laughing and says "See, she even wipes her blade on his clothes... just like Sandor did with the dying man."

My brother is so smart he picks up on a lot of things I'd have missed as an unsullied, but I've noticed he beginning to have a little trouble remembering who is who with all the new characters in the show. Don't know how or if D&D could make new characters more memorable, but maybe they can figure out a way to keep it from being so confusing. My brother is really quick in the mental department, so if he is having trouble, probably other people are too.

He's been mentioned time and time again this season. Oberyn's even referred to him as "Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain"

Bar having some guy show up and draw pictures for the audience, not sure what else they're supposed to do.

Well, they could dye the blond's actor hair so he at least has a passing resemblance to the Mountain 1.0 or the Mountain 2.0. Or they could have kept the old actor or look for a double since, after all, the Mountain hardly needs to act.

The Mountain and Daario are complete retcons. People are going to say "wait, who?"

One Unsullied I know has been predicting Sansa's death since the first episode. He swears up and down she's going to die. He thinks Bran and Arya "Go hard" and only the young Starks are tough. :lol:

My Unsullied coworker e asked if Sansa was going to be a hostage for Littlefinger and I told him how she basically becomes his apprentice.

Odd thing: In the middle of our talk about Targs and Martells he asked "Lyanna. She's Jon's mother, right?" Someone spoiled that for him so I had to fill in the blanks. He didn't realize that Rhaegar is supposed to be Jon's dad and that makes Jon a Targaryen. After that he said "So the guy on the Wall (Aemon) is his relative!"

He doesn't like Dany's storyline and thinks it's getting boring cause all she does is free slaves :lol:. He likes Jon and wants more action.

Husband thinks Oberyn will win against the Mountain. He also predicted that the Hound will die "the same way that Drogo did" (from an infection). If it looks like Oberyn, Tyrion and the Hound (his favorite characters) are all going to die, I may have a tough time getting him to watch the rest of the season. It'll be hard not spoiling Tyrion's escape.

My friend actually didn't like how it turns out. He thought that if Jamie had been Tyrion's champion that would have been smarter as there would be no way Tywin would allow Jamie to die, no matter what Cersei did. Also he was confused by why Oberyn wanted to help Tyrion when Tywin had already promised Oberyn revenge. He predicts that the mountain would win though, but he thinks that Tyrion will die this season.

My unsullied brother picked out the LF line "Your sister." just an instant before it happened. He said it exactly with the same words! I was a little disappointed they didn't have him say "Only Cat." but ... oh well.

Wow! that's impressive! Maybe it means that the writers did a pretty good job with that line after all then?

Wow! that's impressive! Maybe it means that the writers did a pretty good job with that line after all then?

I think it does. B) Still was looking forward to hearing LF say "Only Cat" but it's not a big deal.

Archived