[No Spoilers] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Scrambled Aegon

Glad to see Hot Pie again because it reminded me of the only scene in the books that actually made me laugh out loud. In ACOK when Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie are fighting Ser Amory's men in the holdout, Arya is yelling "Winterfell!" while hacking at a soldier and Hot Pie yelling "Hot Pie!" along with her. I'm not sure if GRRM meant for humor in that fight sequence but I just couldn't help finding it hilarious picturing this chubby kid swinging his sword and yelling "Hot Pie!"

I loved and hated Dany and Daario scene. First time I seen it, I was sad Dany has become a domina, but then I realized that Dany has showed her perverse side and I like that direction.

I also don't like there isn't a topic about Dany and Daario scene, but don't want to open a new one because there is probably another one, just waiting for approval.

I know many weren't impressed, but I enjoyed the Melisandre/Selyse scene. Yes the nudity was unneccessary, but I enjoyed the show attenpting to make Mel more "human" with her attempts at humour (the thing with R'hllor and the bath) and Selyse failing to understand it :) Also glad that they revealed the powders and vials which provide most of the facade of power

and really, that this is revealed earlier than in the novels doesnt bother me

The ending of that scene also left me suitably concerned for Shireen.

Loved the episode as a whole, this is just one I am pointing out

I rewound the Tyrion and Bronn scene and opened aSoS to the right page, the dialogue is some of the most faithful to the books in the whole series.

I got the same impression while watching that scene but didn't have a book with me to verify. Let me ask you, do you get the impression they parted as amicably in the books as they did in the show? I'm curious about that after watching a recent review of the episode.

I read the book version of Oberyn's anecdote, and aside from everything else I said before about recontextualizing Oberyn's story from a nasty little tale told to push Tyrion's buttons into a show of empathy and recognition of Tyrion's humanity, and a way of communicating to Tyrion that he understands how much Cersei hates Tyrion, which was amazing, I was impressed at how the story was trimmed down from book to screen. The essence was there, but in reading the book version, it seemed to have a lot of excessive verbiage. The TV version of the story was simpler, with fewer digressions, asides, and details, and cut right to the heart of the story without losing anything. It was a great bit of adaptation work.

I got the same impression while watching that scene but didn't have a book with me to verify. Let me ask you, do you get the impression they parted as amicably in the books as they did in the show? I'm curious about that after watching a recent review of the episode.

They parted much more amicably than in the book. In the book, Tyrion isn't really bitter at Bronn, since he knows the kind of person he is and understands it.

In the show, they shake hands and part as friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived