[Book Spoilers] Arya and Sandor

:lol:

It IS known. :lmao:

At least it makes sense on this thread......Sansa is probably the most important character all around to Sandor's story. I do think at times some may underestimate the importance that Arya has for him as well, though.

Actually in the series the most important character around Sandor's story so far is Arya and Sansa was the sideline. Arya and Sandor are equals if not in physical but in mental power. She gets the important confessions, she gets his fear of fire, she sees him emotionally naked. Arya mirrors his character development as he mirrors hers. This is not the absurd buddy comedy anymore as it started out at KFC Inn, this turns into tragedy. And the tragedy happens with Arya and will maybe end with her.

Actually in the series the most important character around Sandor's story so far is Arya and Sansa was the sideline. Arya and Sandor are equals if not in physical but in mental power. She gets the important confessions, she gets his fear of fire, she sees him emotionally naked. Arya mirrors his character development as he mirrors hers. This is not the absurd buddy comedy anymore as it started out at KFC Inn, this turns into tragedy. And the tragedy happens with Arya and will maybe end with her.

I agree that alot of the all around character develop of Sandor, show wise, was given to the Arya road trip, still.....I do think, bookwise, Arya's impact and meaning on Sandor and his story gets lost in the shuffle of the fandom. I suspect that both show and book, Sandor will be doing Gravedigging duty, and Arya, in both mediums, has almost as much chance of drawing Sandor off the Quiet Isle as Sansa does. Or, should I say.....concern for or about Arya could draw Sandor out as much as the same for Sansa. I suspect, if we stick to the books even somewhat for their parting, we may get some of the important dialogue about Sansa from him to Arya.

I do not think that Sandor and Arya are meant to have a longterm connection. Their relationship will culminate this season I guess but even if Sandor survives their lives will develop in a different direction, they are not meant to be buddies forever, their connection will always be somewhat extreme.

And if or how the show will return to Sansa with Sandor's dying or not-dying scene we can simply wait out since we will soon know. But I still think that Sansa had a far greater importance for Sandor than he had for her (apart from the fact that he may die saving her, this is a kind of impact), not repeating my own posts here since this is an Arya-Sandor Thread.

At least it makes sense on this thread......Sansa is probably the most important character all around to Sandor's story. I do think at times some may underestimate the importance that Arya has for him as well, though.

Meant to comment on this, too, I think there are a couple of reasons for that, some want to minimize him, period, because Sansa prefers him to their favorite. The other, taking things literally. Probably the biggest hint we got with Arya was, I wouldn't have to kill him. You could skip the whole chapter, and still get that she didn't really want to kill him, because it was too hard for her to do.

Also wanted to add, the other character not to take literally is Jaime!

Meant to comment on this, too, I think there are a couple of reasons for that, some want to minimize him, period, because Sansa prefers him to their favorite. The other, taking things literally. Probably the biggest hint we got with Arya was, I wouldn't have to kill him. You could skip the whole chapter, and still get that she didn't really want to kill him, because it was too hard for her to do.

Ya know what I've figured out.......we've gotten to the point we need not only a new book but also the next episode, LOL

I needed a bit of a break with the coming Oberyn issue, my worry on the Sandor situation (glad to see by pics released it looks like any fight for him and Arya might be with those of The Vale), but I'm ready for fresh meat.

ETA: Hopefully I didn't kill a Stark with that observation. I moreso look at the story for possibilities about where each character will go, could go, who they could have further interaction with and what will the big picture be on the whole. I mostly, at this point, just want to KNOW how it all turns out. Then, of course, I'll worry about bitching on individual characters and or couples, LOL

The thing that gets people hooked is with these books is the more you look, the more you see. He hides everything in plain sight. In a way, works for him (the long wait between books), in a way against him.

Just seeing your edit, still laughing. There aren't many Starks left to kill, so no worries. He'll keep a few alive, hopefully.

Exactly! Who's gonna attack Brienne and Pod now? I guess it could be just a random group of bandits or something like that. If it wasn't for Gwendoline talking about biting someone's ear off, I would have suspected them just stumbling up on the Brotherhood.

Mountain clans? Therer was one who gathered the ears of her opponents on a necklace.

Archived