[Book Spoilers] Arya and Sandor

I thought the same: that Arya will continue crossing out names of her list. The bit will become infected and she will do a mercy killing. There was a rumour that a character that didn't die on the books would die this season, but that rumour is said every season.

But, the hound dead would help them to reduce the excess of characters and he hasn't got a clear storyline in the books after Arya's kidnnaping either. So, he could be killed. Unless that in TWOW saves the day.

I thought the same: that Arya will continue crossing out names of her list. The bit will become infected and she will do a mercy killing. There was a rumour that a character that didn't die on the books would die this season, but that rumour is said every season.

But, the hound dead would help them to reduce the excess of characters and he hasn't got a clear storyline in the books after Arya's kidnnaping either. So, he could be killed. Unless that in TWOW saves the day.

Well D&D went through the details of where every character ends up; if they think they won't need The Hound moving forward, I'm sure there's a reason for that. Still, my money's on Grenn. I think we need Arya refusing to administer the gift.

I think the show will have Sandor's and Arya's parting be exactly the same as in the book. Remember, even though they seemed to be getting along quite well this episode, in the book Sandor is angry/regretful about Sansa's marrying Tyrion, drunk, with an infected wound and, thus, says the most vile hurtful things to Arya to try to get her to give him the gift of mercy. I think that would still work fine for the show.

I always got the impression while reading that scene in the book that Arya knew he was trying to manipulate her into killing him so that's at least part of why she didn't do it.

Exactly! Who's gonna attack Brienne and Pod now? I guess it could be just a random group of bandits or something like that. If it wasn't for Gwendoline talking about biting someone's ear off, I would have suspected them just stumbling up on the Brotherhood.

Is Biter dead? I assumed Sandor broke his neck but the attack happened so quickly I couldn't tell for sure.

I think the show will have Sandor's and Arya's parting be exactly the same as in the book. Remember, even though they seemed to be getting along quite well this episode, in the book Sandor is angry/regretful about Sansa's marrying Tyrion, drunk, with an infected wound and, thus, says the most vile hurtful things to Arya to try to get her to give him the gift of mercy. I think that would still work fine for the show.

I always got the impression while reading that scene in the book that Arya knew he was trying to manipulate her into killing him so that's at least part of why she didn't do it.

Yes, I got the same impression from the book reading - but perhaps I need to re-read it (I've been saying that a lot these past two weeks of episodes). I took it that Arya could have given him the gift of mercy and he was on her 'list' but because it was a greater insult and payback NOT to put him out of his misery she did that - to show how far down the 'don't give any fucks' path she's heading towards.

If they wanna end the show after 7 season, they will need to cut some stuff out. And if The Hound doesn't play a big part in TWoW and ADoS, I could see them kill him off now instead of having him become the gravedigger. Brienne is likely to meet Lady Stoneheart this season, so she won't stumble upon the gravedigger either. Right now, I feel that there is a strong possibility we'll be seeing the last of The Hound this season.

I think you're right re: no gravedigger, or Crackclaw point or Hyle Hunt. Notice Brienne is at the Inn at the Crossroads already, on the Kingsroad. Not out in the east for Duskendale/Maidenpool/Quiet Isle. She's in Frey territory already. 2 episodes to get caught by the BwB, then the reveal in 10.

Have to get Jaime out of King's Landing for a very abbreviated version of his "sorting things out" in the Riverlands so he's in the right place to meet Brienne again next season.

Well D&D went through the details of where every character ends up; if they think they won't need The Hound moving forward, I'm sure there's a reason for that. Still, my money's on Grenn. I think we need Arya refusing to administer the gift.

We already don't have Rorge and Biter sacking saltpans wearing the Hound helmet, and it's been de-emphasized. We don't appear to have Brienne near the Quiet Isle to see the gravedigger. Whether Arya grants mercy or not, its pointing to the end of the Hound, and this season IMO.

We already don't have Rorge and Biter sacking saltpans wearing the Hound helmet, and it's been de-emphasized. We don't appear to have Brienne near the Quiet Isle to see the gravedigger. Whether Arya grants mercy or not, its pointing to the end of the Hound, and this season IMO.

I always thought they'd re-arrange Brienne's story line and have SH this year and then the QI/other events in S5 but I completely forgot about the Rorge taking the Hound's helmet and sacking Saltpans thing. The lack of that certainly points to the Hound 100% dying this year. I don't want that :(

I really don't want that :(

Mmm. I realized that the Saltpans atrocity seems to have been eliminated by Biter, er, biting it. Brienne also seems to be zipping through her AFFC arc. If the speculation that Brienne meets Lady Stoneheart in 4x10 is correct, and if Arya gets on a ship to Braavos in 4x10, then that pretty much leaves the Quiet Isle out. Doesn't mean that Sandor can't survive, but it makes me wonder.

On another note, I've bagged on Rory McCann's acting before, but I really liked his little speech in this episode. Nicely done.

Mmm. I realized that the Saltpans atrocity seems to have been eliminated by Biter, er, biting it. Brienne also seems to be zipping through her AFFC arc. If the speculation that Brienne meets Lady Stoneheart in 4x10 is correct, and if Arya gets on a ship to Braavos in 4x10, then that pretty much leaves the Quiet Isle out. Doesn't mean that Sandor can't survive, but it makes me wonder.

I don't see us seeing the QI either way, but that doesn't mean that Sandor's death could be ambiguous. Maybe Brienne (post-LS on her way to Jaime or something) will find his helmet in a "grave," because it's not like Biter will need it? So she'll assume he's dead (as she does in the books) and then we're saved a good 10 minutes of QI screen-time, which did very little for Brienne's plot.

Just a thought. I don't see them completely offing The Hound, but they also like to thin out the cast where possible.

On another note, I've bagged on Rory McCann's acting before, but I really liked his little speech in this episode. Nicely done.

I think you could still have the Quiet Isle scene happen, even if it happens after Brienne meets Lady Stoneheart.

Arya showed what appeared to be genuine compassion towards Clegane this episode. It doesn't fit with her leaving him to die soon, instead of giving him a clean death. How do you think they will have this play out? Will he wrong her in some way again?

Well he did tell her all the horrible things he did and thought about doing before she left him to die. Like how he should have "raped her sister bloody" or something like that. I don't think that will be in the show but a quick Mycha reminder should do the trick.

I don't see us seeing the QI either way, but that doesn't mean that Sandor's death could be ambiguous. Maybe Brienne (post-LS on her way to Jaime or something) will find his helmet in a "grave," because it's not like Biter will need it? So she'll assume he's dead (as she does in the books) and then we're saved a good 10 minutes of QI screen-time, which did very little for Brienne's plot.

Just a thought. I don't see them completely offing The Hound, but they also like to thin out the cast where possible.

Arya is the POV character, so it's quite possible she leaves the Hound and it's ambiguous. But there appears to be no good mechanism for QI now. IF they do it, the writers will have really gone around the long way.

Brienne's arc is proceeding as I expected...Hunt and Tarly aren't established, Maidenpool isn't established, Duskendale isn't established...a ton of work for a trip that seemed pointless even in the book. I like the little "hand tip" with Hot Pie and reminding us of the BwB that way. She could find the helm, I suppose. But it's not really that established a thing. He wears it less, we don't see it hanging on the saddle prominently, etc. It's just not as much of a talisman. Might be an interested background tidbit for readers...she sees it but doesn't even stop.

I that's the case then they'll likely kill off his brother as well. The books hint towards a confrontation between the two for cersei's trial. I'd say we'll see the last of sandor for a couple seasons, if the actor is on board to come back I don't see what would keep d&d from reintroducing a fan favorite.

I that's the case then they'll likely kill off his brother as well. The books hint towards a confrontation between the two for cersei's trial. I'd say we'll see the last of sandor for a couple seasons, if the actor is on board to come back I don't see what would keep d&d from reintroducing a fan favorite.

Qyburn will need more lines in E8 if they aren't.

It's playing out perfectly. When she leaves him to die, it will illustrate her transition from troubled girl to cold killer.

Your journey toward the Dark Side will be complete! Pretty cold on Rorge. Lucky she's a quick draw.

Archived