(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

Unfortunately, Isaac Hempstead Wright confirmed that he's in only 4 episodes this season :(

At least the screen-time he does/will have this season was amazing, unlike in previous seasons, when it mostly didn't feel too engaging. The writers have gotten much better at this imo.

I agree that she'll make it. They didn't upgrade Hannah to regular status for no reason. But I don't think she'll escape. I stated above that the wildlings will capture her and either recruit her for the assault or use her as a bargaining chip or something, I don't know...

This episode, as far as we know, will probably have:

- Arya scene, where she abandons the hound

- Conversation with Tyrion before, and then Oberyn vs the Mountain (I expect this to be about 15 minutes long)

- Dany and Missandei bath scene

- Ramsay instructing Theon, and then Theon taking Moat Cailin

- Sansa confessing to the Lords of the Vale (intrigued by this one)

- Ygritte and co. attacking Mole's Town

- Gilly escaping to the wall, informing Jon and co. Getting ready for the epic Episode 9.

That's quite a lot of things to fit in this episode. I have a feeling that the Dany and Jon stuff will not take that long. I expect the longer scenes to be Arya, Sansa and Theon. --> 38 minutes in total for all that. Then, of course, the last 15 minutes will be all Oberyn.

It should also contain a slice of the Tyrells, hopefully. Tommen's reign must needs be addressed.

^She won't die though. She said in an interview that she's in an episode centered around the Wall. So she'll feature in episode nine in some way, it's just a question of how.

Are you replying to me?

If so... GORAMMIT, I keep saying I DON'T EXPECT HER TO DIE. Re-read my posts! :P

I'm not very satisfied with the CGI view of Moat Catlin. Mereen and Braavos have been spot on, but I really don't like the direction they've gone with the moat.

If Arya is in the episode: Arya and Sandor reach the Bloody Gate, where the Knight of the Gate denies them entrance to the Eyrie. Sandor starts a fight and is badly wounded, but gets away with Arya. Too weak to ride, Arya attempts to treat his wounds until she realizes he is beyond saving.

Can't they make the Hounds "death" be a consequence of the neck wound he's received from Biter in 4x07? I think there's no nees to include another fight (those last three episodes are already very crowded with action), and the groundwork has already been done with the Hound refusing Arya to burn his wound.

I was more replying to the general thread of speculation Ignorant Bog Woman. I didn't mean to imply that you had implied that. But other posters had, so the Hannah Murray interview tidbit seemed pertinent.

The hairy bear, but we do know that there will be another Hound fight because of the "weapons and training video" and that it will be in the Vale. We also know from that video that the Hound will give one last lecture to Arya and say "men kill with steel", presumably in response to a line of dialogue that Maisie alluded to about Joffrey in a post-PW interview she did, "I would've killed him with a chickenbone if I had to".

I'm not very satisfied with the CGI view of Moat Catlin. Mereen and Braavos have been spot on, but I really don't like the direction they've gone with the moat.

Can't they make the Hounds "death" be a consequence of the neck wound he's received from Biter in 4x07? I think there's no nees to include another fight (those last three episodes are already very crowded with action), and the groundwork has already been done with the Hound refusing Arya to burn his wound.

As Konradsmith said, we know Hound will fight Vale knights. It's possible the neck bite infection gets him in the end, but he will be wounded in the fight against the Vale soldiers as well. Also, Rory said he was in (paraphrasing) "3 or 4 fight scenes this season." There's the inn fight in episode one, and the one in this episode. Needs one more or he was way off. He's definitely fighting one last time. Only question is whether it will be in episode eight or ten.

Damn it, I already care about Oberyn more than I've ever cared in the books. This is going to be awful!

This. I sort of did like him in the book, but I also appreciated the way he died, because it felt like a twist on all the evil mastermind that need to first give a speech about his whole plan, before killing the hero, which of course always makes him fail.

In the show the whole role is just even more charismatic and I like how he mixes up things, e.g. in the council scene as a counterpart to Mace especially.

I know for the story it really has to happen, but it's not like a certain wedding, where I sort of looked forward to the moment, but at the moment the fact that the character will be "lost" sort of hurts more than the excitment about the scene. :unsure:

So if we also get a Brienne fight (that ear-biting has to show up sometime soon, doesn't it?) and a Hound fight this episode along with the raid on Mole's Town, the trial by combat and Moat Caillin, this will be a very action-y episode.

I'm sure I missed something too. Man. A lot to come and two weeks to speculate and ponder about it.

TVLINE | How much did you know about flaying before you started doing this role?

[Laughs] I had no idea about flaying at all. It’s pretty gruesome. There’s something, which you’ll see later on, which is very interesting. It gets pretty cool. But no, I didn’t know anything about flaying. I didn’t even know what it meant… It’s awful. ( Alfie Allen interview form tv line possibly refering to moat cailin).

So if we also get a Brienne fight (that ear-biting has to show up sometime soon, doesn't it?) and a Hound fight this episode along with the raid on Mole's Town, the trial by combat and Moat Caillin, this will be a very action-y episode.

I'm sure I missed something too. Man. A lot to come and two weeks to speculate and ponder about it.

I think that ear bite might be Brienne's resistance to getting caught by the BWB. They will capture her anyways, and take her to LS. So it can potentially be in Episode 10.

But, either way, this will be an action packed episode.

I really hope we get a recap this time. After watching it on YouTube (after the episode officially aired), it was clearly just a mistake on someone's part. A mistake I hope they don't make again.

In the North

Theon and Ramsay ride to Moat Cailin to "negotiate" with the Ironborn. If there's any chance of Yara, it'll be before they arrive. We will be getting more of Yara, because there's a shot of her in her boat in the day. It could be her rowing to Moat Cailin, or to another ship beyond the Moat. Personally, I think the Moat looks pretty good. This scene should play out kinda like the books, but I'm not sure to what extent they will follow. IMO, Theon still looks like Reek. He's not..whole enough to pass as Theon. But I guess we'll just see where it goes.

In the Riverlands

I had hoped that Brienne/Pod and Hound/Arya would be headed for collision, or at least a near-miss, but since they this week arrived at the Inn of the Kneeling Man (I assume, of course. Could be the Crossroads) it'd be a big fuck you to logic if they did. Arya and Sandor have been travelling to the Vale for close to a whole season. Brienne left only a few episodes ago. If they met, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. If however, Brienne arrived at the Inn at the Crossroads, then coming across each other, or at least being very close, is possible.

However, either way, I do not believe that they will collide. It seems more likely that this episode, either the Hound's wound will grow worse, and he will start a fight at the Bloody Gate, or it is just one of them. Whether or not he will get left behind in this episode, I'm not sure.

Brienne-wise, this episode seems the most likely to contain the biting of the man's ear. I dint know who it'll be, or where it'll happen. I just hope she is knocked unconscious and gets taken away.

At the Eyrie

It is clear that the Lords & Lady don't trust Baelish, so they will ask San - sorry - Alayne: "Lord Baelish has told many lies." My theory on this is that they will say that Lysa simply slipped and fell. When Alayne says "I have to tell the truth", Baelish might worry, or he might have confidence in her to lie. I think she will tell the Lords & Lady that Lysa was drunk and didn't say immediately to protect her memory.

In Meereen

If we get anything, it will be Tywin's letter arriving and Jorah being exposed. He'll definitely be banished in episode 10.

In Mole's Town and at the Wall

It's clear that the wildlings attack Mole's Town, and Gilly's life is put in danger. I don't think she will does on another note, the way Ygritte is holding the knife makes me think that she will hold it to someone's neck rather than stab someone. It's possible a whore will shout "They're here for the wildling!" and Gilly will ehat her escape or be taken prisoner.

If Gilly arrives, Sam's tears are because he thinks he is an idiot who out Gilly's life in danger.

If Gilly does not arrive and is a prisoner, Sam's tears are because he thinks he is an idiot who got Gilly killed.

In King's Landing

Undoubtedly the saddest and most shocking part of the episode. I don't care if the Unsullied complain we haven't got enough Oberyn, because no matter how much they get, they can always appreciate his (somewhat limited) badassery.

"You're going to fight that?"

Oberyn's line "I'm going to kill that" better follow.

Anyway, we'll get a scene or two with Oberyn and Tyrion. Definitely one before the fight, possibly one near the beginning of the episode as well. Cersei's line about "burning our house" could be this episode, but as someone else said, if it was in the finale, it'd be more obvious foreshadowing for next year.

I loved the "Say her name!" "Elia of Dorne!" lines in the books, and that makes me think that they'll be omitted from the show. I doubt he'll do his big twirl while shouting "Elia!". I also hope they keep in the skull-smashing. My guess is, Gregor will say his lines, raise his fist, and the camera will cut to Tyrion or Tywin or Cersei or Ellaria as blood squirts up from where Gregor is punching.

I hope you're right, I just get so worked up over Gilly. My logic tells me that the show will bring her story back to where it needs to be, but my heart nags at me with doubt. If something bad happens to her I will flip tables and do cart wheels of rage.

Hm, don't think I've ever actually seen cart wheels of rage--please have someone tape you doing this, and bring it here to share!

I really do not see any reason why the Moat Cailin scene should be any different than the books. i do not think it's too gruesome for the show to show the aftermath of the ironborn tied to poles flayed. the show has done more graphic things in the past.

Since Episode 9 is entirely The Wall, 8 should touch on most of the storylines.

Maybe we get a quick check-in with Bran? Or is he really going to be entirely absent e6,7,8, and 9?

Could Bran be featured in episode 9, we know it takes place at the Wall, but technically it includes beyond the wall as well

Could Brienne bite off the Hound's ear?

It would be pretty exciting if they clashed.

Again, wishful speculation that probably won't happen, unless Arya uses it as an opportunity to escape (which would ruin her final moment with Houndy)

I can't load the image. I assume it's the daytime Yara boat picture?

It's the edited version that looks like daytime but it's the same scene and same image as Dreadfort trip

Archived