I have a theory....anyone willing to hear it?

I just started reading the first book in the series and I’m a few chapters in and I theorize Jon was actually Eddard Stark’s sister's child. Like when he found her in her bed all bloody, it because she had given birth, and when she made him promise, the promise was to not tell anyone Jon was her child……just guessing. The years match up though, because Lyanna dies about 14-15 years before the books begin....and Jon is 14 at the beginning of the series. Plus it would make more sense that Ned treats it like a touchy subject. Anyways.....just wanted to know if anyone agrees with me.

Spoiler for all five books:

You got than on your first reread? Nice! It's almost certainly true.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many hints for this in aGoT:

- Ned avoiding to talk of the mother and let people believe what they will

- The bloody bed and blue rose petals and the promise

- The 3 KG at the Tower of Joy, having made a vow to remain there, instead of being with the queen and Viserys

- Lyanna's attempt to stop the fight between the 3KG and Ned and his companions as implied in Ned's dream about the confrontation

- the contrast of Robert killing Rhaegar every night, and yet Ned never thinks badly about Rhaegar when Robert mentions him. Instead he thinks about Rhaegar after not thinking about him for many years, and then he thinks that Rhaeghar would not be the guy to frequent brothels as Robert does. If Rhaegar was truly that horrible kidnapping rapist then why isn't Ned filled with bad thoughts about Rhaeghar, like Robert, but instead hardly ever thinks about him, and when he does thinks he'd be the better man if it comes to wenching?

- Lyanna wasn't as eager to marry Robert, thinking him a womanizer (and being right about that)

- Ned reminding Robert that he never truly knew Lyanna, and she wouldn't be the compliant wife to him that Robert imagines her to be.

- Jon looking like Arya who looks like Lyanna

Archived