The new Satin [Possible Spoiler]

Farco Sterling

I'm picturing the wildling attack on the wall, Jon and Ygrittes see each other, Jon holds back and then "above spoiler" happens. Makes for a more dramatic TV ending..

I totally think this will happen. I don't believe for a moment Ygritte will be dying when Jon finds her like in the book.

I was so looking forward to seeing Jon gazing at Satin too, LOL. I fully expected him to be cut, though a small part of me was thinking they'd throw him in just to up the attractiveness quota of the Night's Watch.

I'm picturing the wildling attack on the wall, Jon and Ygrittes see each other, Jon holds back and then "above spoiler" happens. Makes for a more dramatic TV ending..

I'm fine with that, it's supposed to be a sad moment so the more heartbreaking the better.

Would he be the Dareon equivalent for Arya to murder?

Ohh man, I hadn't thought about Dareon in a while! I truly hope they include him into the show.. Even if this Olly fella doesn't fill the 'Dareon' role.. I would still love to see all that go down on screen.

I think we're ignore the really important guy in all of this, Leathers. Who's gonna talk to the giant if not Leathers?!

Leathers MUST be in the show. He's the 'lead by example' wildling. He shows that wildlings DO have a place in TNW....

And yes, someone has to be there who understands the old tongue and can communicate with Wun Wun

From the recent Bryan Cogman interview, we know that originally Olly would just be in that one episode at the village but they realised it would have been a bit of a plot hole to have him vanish so they seeded him into the Wall scenes. So he wasn't originally intended to take Satin's role but I expect he'll end up in that role even if D+D didn't specifically plan it. Personally I'd prefer if D+D never made any invented characters again but there you have it.

Do you remember that kid that join the night's watch after the wildling raid his village? Don't do you think that they're putting him very close to Jon? I mean, he would not be there if there's was not a strong reason. His role could have been shorter, but they're keeping him. Has anybody else noticed this?

Was he there last episode?

I don't remember seeing him.

Ohh man, I hadn't thought about Dareon in a while! I truly hope they include him into the show.. Even if this Olly fella doesn't fill the 'Dareon' role.. I would still love to see all that go down on screen.

Dareon was in season one. No good reason they can't bring him back, though maybe a different actor. I'm not sure why they'd cast an actor as Dareon at all if they weren't going to later use the character, though.

I'm in the minority that hopes Olyvar (Littlefingers boy whore) becomes the new Satin. I like the archer kid but I hope we get a gay recruit so we get the Satin scenes from the book in some capacity. Jon's protection of Satin won't be the same if he's just looking out for some kid. The whole boy whore stigma that Satin carries doesn't work with the kid.

Lol yes, it's something I never shared with anyone but it crossed my mind as well.

It's sad we won't get Jon gazing at Satin pretty face though, I was looking forward to that :laugh:

LOL, I never thought of that, not to mention Kit does have Satin's curls as well.

Olyvar is NO SATIN!!

I'm in the minority that hopes Olyvar (Littlefingers boy whore) becomes the new Satin. I like the archer kid but I hope we get a gay recruit so we get the Satin scenes from the book in some capacity. Jon's protection of Satin won't be the same if he's just looking out for some kid. The whole boy whore stigma that Satin carries doesn't work with the kid.

The thing is I'm not sure they have the time to concentrate on that sort of issue anyway. The time is limited, and Jon's adwd arc is going to be condensed into one season. The Wall is going to be crowded with characters in season 5, and there are lots of interactions happening. Jon trying to integrate the wildlings and telling Stannis and everyone that the NW doesn't take part while taking part all the same, is probably a lot of conflict for the show. I love Satin in the books, but it's the sort of storyline that could be easily left out.

The thing is I'm not sure they have the time to concentrate on that sort of issue anyway. The time is limited, and Jon's adwd arc is going to be condensed into one season. The Wall is going to be crowded with characters in season 5, and there are lots of interactions happening. Jon trying to integrate the wildlings and telling Stannis and everyone that the NW doesn't take part while taking part all the same, is probably a lot of conflict for the show. I love Satin in the books, but it's the sort of storyline that could be easily left out.

I can understand how Olyvar could be a sub for Satin, especially since he already exists, but so far Olyvar seems to lack Satin's sweetness. That's my main concern with switching out Satin for Olyvar. I don't trust Olyvar, I don't like him......he seems shifty to me. What was interesting about Satin is that he was born into the brothel, born pretty, and who knows not only what his sexual preference might really be but what his life would have been if he'd been born anywhere other than in an Oldtown brothel. I think Oldtown figures into Satin's character as much as the brothel does. Satin just seems like a nice guy.....whereas with Olyvar, I don't get that feeling at all. I think the turn down Olyvar tried to do with Oberyn was more about power, not sex. Granted, they could play up that Olyvar, too, was somehow born into the brothel without much choice, but it'd take some character development that I highly suspect D&D don't have the time or patience to do.

Archived