[BOOK SPOILERS] Oberyn appreciation...you are my champion.

timstanton

What an amazing scene between two of the top actors on the show. It's a shame we will only get him for a few more (maybe one) episode. I am scared all my unsullied friends will be disappointed. He has become a fan favorite but it will be short lived, pity to lose such a great actor.

Loved the scene. But my favorite part of it was Tyrions sigh of relieve with tears in the eyes.

With Jaime and Bronn both "letting him down" after he somewhats still counted on them in some way, he still played it very cool, like he doesn't bother much still pretending to joke around, but the moment when you finally see his relief that Oberyn will fight for him, you realise also how scared he actually is, because he fully loses the whole sarcasm and gallows humor mascarade for a moment there. Gave me a little bit shivers.

I'm just going to quote myself from the impressions discussion because I'm still in awe of the scene and it's the first time I've cried this season...

Oberyn / Tyrion scene blew me away... I cried like a baby. I cried for baby Tyrion who knew nothing but torment his whole life from Cersei and pretty much everyone except his brother who protected him. I cried for Elia and her children and the horrific way they died. I cried for Oberyn - because his vengeance is so lost and wasted. :( ... The look of hope in Tyrion's eyes at that moment when Oberyn said he would be his champion. I cried for that lost hope.

"She unveiled the freak... Your head was a bit large, your arms and legs were a bit small, but no claw... No red eye, no tail between your legs... Just a tiny pink cock. We didn't try to hide our disappointment, "that's not a monster, we told Cersei. That's just a baby."

Oh man, the feels... :crying:

"She unveiled the freak... Your head was a bit large, your arms and legs were a bit small, but no claw... No red eye, no tail between your legs... Just a tiny pink cock. We didn't try to hide our disappointment, "that's not a monster, we told Cersei. That's just a baby."

Oh man, the feels... :crying:

I have a hard time hearing you say "the feels ..." with that creepy avatar - you bastard what have you done to Theon!! :P

But seriously - yeah - such great lines. It was done so perfectly... you could really imagine a little kid Oberyn, Elia, Cersei and Jaime all gathered around Tyrion's bassinet - and all staring at his misshapen little body - but still, just a little human - not a monster. What a sad moment and sad scene and poor baby Tyrion's cock haha! oh man. :( I had forgotten that story from the books and was glad they kept it nearly perfectly the same. It was powerful.

What an amazing scene between two of the top actors on the show. It's a shame we will only get him for a few more (maybe one) episode. I am scared all my unsullied friends will be disappointed. He has become a fan favorite but it will be short lived, pity to lose such a great actor.

But then, what would be a GoT season without killing a fan favorite? Not the same show. That's a partly what the books and show so great. Not being afraid to go unpopular roads.

But then, what would be a GoT season without killing a fan favorite? Not the same show. That's a partly what the books and show so great. Not being afraid to go unpopular roads.

If you stop and listen quietly for a moment ... you can hear the anguished cries of thousands of GoT fans calling across a parallel universe where the episode with Oberyn's death has just played out. It's probably worse than the Red Wedding in some ways - this guy was dead sexy hot in ways that made the Starks look like cold stiffs. ;)

Maybe they'll change the outcome of the trial and Oberyn decides to stand just a little bit away from Gregor when he's broken on the floor. There's a change I'd fully support.

If they would find any way for it to work, I'd be glad to keep Oberyn, but I can't see how they can then keep the rest of the story. Tyrion has to run away, Cersei has to get rid of every person that would stand up to her crap (which includes Tywin but also Oberyn) to mess up things as much as she does, Dorne has to suffer Oberyn dying to really get things roling again.

Unless they wanna give a Lady with a heart of stone a new husband, I can't think of any way, it would make sense, as much as I hate to admit it. :crying:

Archived