The True History of Valyria (everything was a lie?)

Mithras

I think Valyria was fertile die to the volcanic soil, and they likely practiced a bit of agriculture. Although, the active volcanoes of the Fourteen Fires would have discouraged settlement. By exploring the Fourteen Fires, the Valyrians found a population of dragons.

I think the Valyrians were likely affected by the magic of that region like the First Men were in Westeros.

As the theory itself, I admit I don't know enough of Valyrian history to dispute or support it. It would be interesting I admit. The Valyrians do manage to share one trait with the Ghiscari: two colors in hair: red and black for Ghiscari and gold and silver for the Valyrians. The Valyrians could possibly have occupied an area close to Ghis. History demonstrates that peoples are always on the move such as the First Men, Andals, and Rhoynar to Westeros and the Dothraki moving west.

History demonstrates that peoples are always on the move such as the First Men, Andals, and Rhoynar to Westeros and the Dothraki moving west.

In Tolkien's universe, when the First Men woke up, they fell under the shadow of Melkor. Those who refused the shadow migrated West and they were called Edain. The Numenoreans descended from them and Numenor (like its fall) is another inspiration for Valyrians and Valyria.

In Essos, there is a hideous region called the Shadow Lands. It is possible that the foremost ancestors of men escaped from the shadow.

Archived