4. Object
5. Man made
6. Not item of clothing
7. Not made of metal
8. Not made of wood, paper or fabric
9. Not made from glass or gems
10. Not seen on page
11. Not made from stone or clay

Hint: such objects were seen on page probably in every book, but that particular one we're talking about wasn't seen on page, only mentioned

12. Not made of leather
13. Not made from bone
14. Not a food or drink for people
15. Mentioned in one book only, but not in AGOT/ACOK

Let me know if you want another hint (though I kinda gave you one with 14)

16. Not meant as a feed for animals. Not for horses or mules or kittens

Well, in fact it depends on the material it's made of. In certain cases it can be eaten by certain animals, but it definitely isn't meant to be.

16.5. Something meant for gods/spirits/what-have-you
17. Candles (in ASOIAF universe they probably are made from wax, but I seem to recall back in the days candles were made of animal fats (grease? salo? Don't know the right word, Malc help me), and there were instances when mice ate them)

Now don't forget to consider the first hint, you have only three questions left!

18. Mentioned not in ASOS

Hint: A/the candle/s (I'm not clarifying this one, to me it seems I was quite clear about it) was/were lit, which means it's not something like "one day she must lit a candle", it's not considering litting candles or that sort of stuff

19. It is indeed the candle Arys lit for the Warrior when Tyrion picked him to go to Dorne. That didn't end that well, eh? Congratulations to the whole 20-questions crew!

Malcolm apparently hosts now.

Well, it's exactly what it says, not seen on page, not present on page. Let's say the answer is "Jaime threatening Varys to save Tyrion's life in the end of ASOS". We only read how Jaime mentions it in his thoughts, but we never see it happen on page. So in this case, if asked "seen on page in 5 books?", the host should say "no", if asked "mentioned on page in 5 books", the host should say "yes".

In case of my riddle, Arys Oakheart only remembers how he lit a candle for Warrior, so it's not "seen on page", but "mentioned".

Also, common follow-ups for "seen on page in 5 books? - no" are "seen in D&E novellas?" and "from the TV-show?".

Would someone tell me what it means when it says not seen on page please?

For example, Lyanna Stark was never seen on page, she was just mentioned by Robert, Ned and a few other characters.

Everything in the show in on screen=on page.

What about cases when somebody very vividly remembers? For example, when Ned dreams about the ToJ.

Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips. The hilt of the greatsword Dawn poked up over his right shoulder. Ser Oswell Whent was on one knee, sharpening his blade with a whetstone.

etc. Were they seen on page?

dreams, visions?

if your riddle is "the vision of Arthur Dayne", then it was seen on page. If your riddle is "Arthur Dayne", then it was not seen on page.

If the person, object or anything else was not present on page, it was not "seen on page".

I can not host, I am afraid.

oh, I forgot Bran's visions, yes. If I were a host, things seen by him would have been seen on page, because they were present on page :ninja:

but then Lyanna was seen on page...

What about Arys's conversation with Doran? In the course of him remembering it the narration switches from pluperfect ("'And you, my prince?' the knight had dared to ask") to simple past tense ("'A noble vow,' said Doran Martell with a faint smile").

Archived