ASOIAF 20 Questions v. 99

a free shadow

What about Arys's conversation with Doran? In the course of him remembering it the narration switches from pluperfect ("'And you, my prince?' the knight had dared to ask") to simple past tense ("'A noble vow,' said Doran Martell with a faint smile").

Remembering means not on screen, the rule of thumb.

While we're at it, how do you hosts answer at the question "Dornish POV?" after "Seen on page in 5 books"? Does "Dornish" mean only people born in Dorne (so Arianne, Quentyn, Oberyn, (Areo? he's from Norvos though); or the POVs who are in Dorne at the moment (Arianne, Areo, Arys)? Or is it both? Just wondering.

but then Lyanna was seen on page...

you mean swordfighting kids? we do not KNOW it was Lyanna from the books, it is a fan conclusion (which is right, but nonetheless can only be called a theory, the same as Lyanna being Jon's mother - everyone knows it, but it is not so in the world of the books).

I think we had this exact riddle: the girl bran sees in her vision.

While we're at it, how do you hosts answer at the question "Dornish POV?" after "Seen on page in 5 books"? Does "Dornish" mean only people born in Dorne (so Arianne, Quentyn, Oberyn, (Areo? he's from Norvos though); or the POVs who are in Dorne at the moment (Arianne, Areo, Arys)? Or is it both? Just wondering.

i always take it to be "a POV in Dorne". Though the host might ask to clarify, if they want to. I know I never like it, when I am hosting, but it might be a way.

I'd ask to clarify.

It might make a collision because not asking to clarify versus asking to clarify might give additional info.. but it's likely inevitable.

When playing this game IRL, it's in fashion to always give literal answers and not caring to explain doubtful moments. But IRL there isn't a game of 20 exactly questions, number of questions might me infinitely and whoever guess wins.

Archived