X-Men Days of Future Past (SPOILERS)

Nictarion

I just got back from seeing it, and I absolutely loved it! Best X-Men movie by far imo. McAvoy and Fassbender were great, honestly everyone was. Quicksilver was hilarious, especially in the kitchen scene. I was actually worried about the look of Quicksilver going in, but he turned out to be one of the best parts of the movie.

Also seeing Apocalypse in the post credits scene was awesome!

Haven't seen the movie and I don't care what you spoil. How were the Sentinels? The trailers showed the 70s version and the future (Nimrod) versions but never the versions like in the animated series or in the X3 war room.

Haven't seen the movie and I don't care what you spoil. How were the Sentinels? The trailers showed the 70s version and the future (Nimrod) versions but never the versions like in the animated series or in the X3 war room.

The 70's version were supposed to be close to the classic Sentinels, they didn't do much, Magneto takes them over, but the future ones were pretty badass and quite effective.

I quite enjoyed it. It didn't feel like there was an overkill of mutant characters like I had thought there would be. It did leave the 70s action feeling a little sparse.

I'm not sure what Trasks motivations are in the comics but he felt underdeveloped in the film

The 70's version were supposed to be close to the classic Sentinels, they didn't do much, Magneto takes them over, but the future ones were pretty badass and quite effective.

So there was no inbetween / present version? The Sentinel head in X3 looked exactly like the one from the animated series. This movie didn't have that version at all?

So there was no inbetween / present version? The Sentinel head in X3 looked exactly like the one from the animated series. This movie didn't have that version at all?

Nope.I thought the 70's version looked similar, just much smaller.

@BeornJ

IIRC Trask in the comics was kind of a combination of the one we got in this movie, and Stryker from X2. I think he had mutant kids.

@BeornJ

IIRC Trask in the comics was kind of a combination of the one we got in this movie, and Stryker from X2. I think he had mutant kids.

Oh right that makes sense. In the film he's just a scientist creating anti mutant sentinels. No real reason is given

One thing I was confused by was the scene Trask was explaining how the sentinels were made with no metal, but polymer. Was he talking about the future design? Because Magneto clearly was controlling the originals.

There was a scene in which magneto flies past the trains transporting them to dc and he infused them all with metal from the train tracks

Great movie, but...how did Charles Xavier survive X-men III? And how did Magneto get his powers back? We can't pretend that X-men III didn't happen because when young Xav mind melds with Logan we see Jean Grey's death scene from that movie.

Other than those serious continuity problems it was a very good movie. I don't really like time travel plots much, at least not ones that we're meant to take seriously, but at least with this one it was only consciousness that was traveling back.

I think this was the most fun I had with an X-Men film so far. I'm actually genuinely interested in seeing another one now, and it seems to have wiped X3 and the Wolverine movies out of continuity. That alone is probably worth the price of admission.

Post credit scene: Apocalypse and the four horsemen, I presume?

En Sabah Nur!

Movie was really good. I wasn't too big on the futuristic sentinels in the trailers but they ended up being pretty cool and devestating. Like mentioned, Quicksilver was a standout in his short time. Magneto cutting loose towards the end while attempting to protect those in the future was awesome. 8.3/10.

I definitely preferred X-Men over Godzilla for whoever asked that.

Archived