Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

When GRRM was asked about Dorne on the show a while back he said something like "well we're definitely getting the sand snakes" and I thought then that Arianne might get cut or reduced to a smaller part. For D&D having a team of sexy, young, female assassins is always going to be more important than keeping the three dimensional characters. Having said that the rivalry between the Martell heirs and Quent's quest was always more symbolic than important to the plot.

Maybe they could put Arianne on the Shy Maid so rather than go to meet Aegon so is with him already.

I wonder who Obara will be fighting. Jaime and Brie will be wandering but I don't think they will go that far off course. Could they have her stand in for Sarella in Oldtown and fight Sam? Or maybe a different person will be sent south with the Mountain's head and she will fight them.

I don't think anyone but Bran will be having flashback/visions so Maggy may turn up in his weirwood scenes or they could actually have her turn up in King's Landing as Talisa's grandmother and have her give Cersei the prophesy now. I think that may actually work better for Cersei's character than the reveal of the valonqarphobia did in the books.

No characters for the wall or north or IB or the Griffs or penny so I think it is fair to say this is probably about half of the biggish characters.

Is this an actual rumour or 'some guy on the WiCnet comments wildly speculating?'

It's a moronic idea, but then maybe they don't want Jaime's Riverlands story. And thus presumably the Blackfish and Edmure are being "sent on a bus".

If Jaime fights Obara, he should be dead. And if not having Jaime as a hostage kind of changes things for Dorne... Just a bit...

Huge rumor that Jamie is replacing Ser Arys Oakheart.

I think Jaime is more likely to replace Balon Swann than anyone. Obara is probably planning to kill Swann after, or instead of, Darkstar so if they replace Swann with a regular character then that would be her big fight scene.

Some other people think Nymeria might be in Sarella's role. In which case why not pick a name that won't confuse lots of viewers more likely to remember Arya's wolf than a throw away line to a dead queen? A name like, let's pick one at random, SARELLA?

Bronn not going with Jamie to riverlands (stokeworth casting) - no arys

Though of course Bronn never went to the Riverlands in the books. And Lollys might be in te first few episodes where Jaime is in KL and Bronn might still go to the Riverlands

Arianne's one of my all-time favorite ASOIAF characters, I'm really hoping she isn't cut out. She's just as major of a character as Doran, I don't see why they'd do that.

I'm surprised that Aero's being cast instead of just filling his role with several background extras. Hope they manage to make him a genuinely interesting character in the show since they've insisted on including him, rather than just having him be a walking slab of cardboard . I'm not surprised that Trystane is being cast however, given it'd make sense to show us who Myrcella is betrothed to. I'm curious why they aged him up though. Him being merged with Quentyn makes zero sense.

Omg and I'm so freakin excited about Bronn and the Stokeworths. I really did have a strong suspicion that we wouldn't get to see him onscreen anymore. Good to know I was wrong.

Huge rumor that Jamie is replacing Ser Arys Oakheart.

So no Riverlands stuff ? No Brienne eccounter ? Also Thet are all Dorne characters so i'm guesssing they are going to cut the Greyjoy brothers :bang: And How HOW they want to explore the north arc without people like Wyman Frey or Alys ?

I really hope they won't leave out Arianne! Or combine her with another character :/

If is not KmK, I want nothing ;___________;

Oh I loved KmK in Rome, he'd be a great JonCon! Jamie Bamber is my 2nd choice (I'd probably be on Team Griff then :p) ..

They better have Manderly (Frey Pies and 'The North Remembers')!

Also, what about Alys Karstark, Val, Satin and Fake Arya (Jeyne Poole)?

I have a bad feeling the Northern characters are going to be trimmed back. :frown5:

Yup, they need an Alys Karstark so she can marry Tormund (as posited on the other thread)

As for Wyman Manderly, IMO the perfect person to play him is Richard Griffiths. The fact that he's normally associated with comic/buffoon roles (think Uncle Vernon in HP) will be perfect to let the Unsullied think he's a joke and get the same goose bump moment from "The North Remembers" that most of th readership got

Yup, they need an Alys Karstark so she can marry Tormund (as posited on the other thread)

As for Wyman Manderly, IMO the perfect person to play him is Richard Griffiths. The fact that he's normally associated with comic/buffoon roles (think Uncle Vernon in HP) will be perfect to let the Unsullied think he's a joke and get the same goose bump moment from "The North Remembers" that most of th readership got

Would've been awesome to see him play Manderly if he wasn't already dead :(

Oh, sweet summer child...Richard Griffiths died. :crying:

He was the perfect Wyman too.

Archived