Game of Thrones RPG

The game by Cyanide was really good. Is there anything else in development? It seems like a fertile time for making GoT rpg's but there doesn't seem to be anything going on.

There is coming a Game by the telltale studios (the ones that make "the walking dead" and "wolf among us"). I really like Telltales work so far and am looking forward to this game.

The game will be set before the plot of the series. My guess is the war of the ninepenny kings. But what do i know...

I don not know of any other games, but I am sure that the license for GoT games is not given awawy easily (There can be an inflation in games too ^^)

GRRM's world would make an awesome setting for a D&D campaign but there is just too much that hasn't been revealed about the nature of magic and gods in his world. I wouldn't even approach such a thing until after all the books have been published and definitely NOT include any major characters from his story. (No rolling up a paladin and naming him Jaime Lanister... well, not without some severe consequences.) In such a world any character from any of the books, if encountered, would effectively be demi-gods as their fates had already been determined. But the histories and ancient rivalries would provide endless settings and adventures. Imagine a group of high level characters pulling off a heist of the Iron Bank and making some lifelong enemies in the process. Or a mage coming across the long lost writings of Maester Samwell Tarley which leads to a search for an artifact in old Valyria. Or a dungeon crawl deep under the Red Keep.

What if the RPG was open world and stopped the hunting accident, Tell robert everything, have him kick out the Lannister but leave the kids as hostages have him do the unthinkable, named Shireen his heir (he hate both his brothers and Shireen the only other Trueborn famly he has)

GRRM's world would make an awesome setting for a D&D campaign but there is just too much that hasn't been revealed about the nature of magic and gods in his world. I wouldn't even approach such a thing until after all the books have been published and definitely NOT include any major characters from his story. (No rolling up a paladin and naming him Jaime Lanister... well, not without some severe consequences.) In such a world any character from any of the books, if encountered, would effectively be demi-gods as their fates had already been determined. But the histories and ancient rivalries would provide endless settings and adventures. Imagine a group of high level characters pulling off a heist of the Iron Bank and making some lifelong enemies in the process. Or a mage coming across the long lost writings of Maester Samwell Tarley which leads to a search for an artifact in old Valyria. Or a dungeon crawl deep under the Red Keep.

Well, there's a companion with many high-ranking NPCs and descriptions of the Houses great and small. I'd probably have Daddy Tywin summoning the PCs to have them getting an important scroll or something else like that if I was ST.

I'd very much like to play or lead a bunch of players and their heroes through Westeros and beyond the Narrow Sea.

Well, there's a companion with many high-ranking NPCs and descriptions of the Houses great and small. I'd probably have Daddy Tywin summoning the PCs to have them getting an important scroll or something else like that if I was ST.

I'd very much like to play or lead a bunch of players and their heroes through Westeros and beyond the Narrow Sea.

Sign me up captain

We are currently running a DSA (german more on theatric skills based p&P system) - Campaign in Westeroes.

DSA provides you with rules to create your own classes.

Concerning Magic: We set our campaign before the events of A Game of thrones, so the red comet hasnt worked his thingy yet and Magic just does not work.

So far it has been great fun...

But i cant wait for the telltale game...

We are currently running a DSA (german more on theatric skills based p&P system) - Campaign in Westeroes.

DSA provides you with rules to create your own classes.

Concerning Magic: We set our campaign before the events of A Game of thrones, so the red comet hasnt worked his thingy yet and Magic just does not work.

So far it has been great fun...

But i cant wait for the telltale game...

Just dropped you a PM.

I really hope Telltale do the game justice as I have heard that the Cyanide game is not really that good. If Telltale can produce something which is similar to the open world RPG in Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls series I would definitely purchase it. 100% agree with the idea of not being able to play major characters from the books (possibly play as a knight for a lord of a holdfast or as a hedge knight). Just imagine playing as a Faceless Man in Braavos and Westeros!

I'm still waiting for an open world Everquest style game... now that I'd be on board with.

Alas I don't think people really make those kinds of MMO's anymore.

The only ones I know that are even close are Darkfall and Eve, and both of those have some obvious problems that are also some of their charms. SWG is the closest we ever got to a true sandbox mmo that was groundbased, and it had a space component as well that was pretty fun and was cool to fly your friends around space in your falcon-esque ship.

Best people to do an Ice & Fire RPG is CD Projekt Red, just by looking at the Witcher series. But they're working on 2 giant RPGs(Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077) and even Witcher 3 will release relatively soon, I don't think they would do a similar game cos they been working on witcher trilogy for so long that Cyberpunk game will be a breathing room from the magical-medieval setting for them. Otherwise they are the perfect people for the job.

On the other hand, Bioware games became more of Black&White story-wise, I don't think they can handle the grayness of Ice&Fire world and characters. Then there is Bethesda; whom could do a great open world for exploration but they were neither good at story-telling nor characters but I'd love to explore The Known World map from the hands of Bethesda devs. Which leaves only Obsidian Entertainment which would be runner up after CD Projekt Red for me. Unlike Bioware and Bethesta, Obsidian Ent. is very good with story and characters and they made a great job with Fallout New Vegas; which is prolly the best open world RPG(other open world RPGs lack the RP side of things, f.i. Skyrim) till Witcher 3 comes but they never have proven themselves technically; their games are buggy and unfinished most of the time, but I believe, given the required time for proper development and budget -again, they lacked these 2 factors most of the time- they can make great games and could make a great Ice & Fire RPG.

So my line up for who could make the great RPG game for Ice & Fire;

1. CDPR

2. Obsidian

3. Bethesda

4. Bioware

17. Cyanide

• 1 month later...

Archived